• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Information on MLB The Show 20 Custom Leagues

A GAF MLB The Show League should use

• MLB Teams

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Diamond Dynasty Teams

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
MLB The Show 20 Custom info below. Guileless Guileless I indigoSociety JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered DESTROYA DESTROYA REDRZA MWS REDRZA MWS Rbk_3 Rbk_3 Catphish Catphish Flying Toaster Flying Toaster synchronicity synchronicity The Elite The Elite EverydayBeast EverydayBeast BlackOlivesMatter BlackOlivesMatter AND anyone else who is interested in doing a GAF MLB The Show 20 league

All Leagues offer a Regular Season experience that builds to a Postseason Playoff bracket ending with the World Series. If you didn’t make the Postseason cutoff this season, don’t sweat it. With no limit on the amount of seasons your league can play, there’s always “next year.”

Regular Season length is determined during the creation phase of the Custom League by how many teams are in the League and how many times you play each team (1, 3, 5, or 7).

So we can start small and build up if there is demand for a Private GAF League. Depending on how many teams we have, we can determine how many times we play against each other before Playoffs

Flexibility is important when coordinating online play. With Custom Leagues’ flexible schedule, you can play your Regular Season games in any order. If your opponent is online, you can knock out those games right now! No calendar generation needed.

Awesome

There are two types of leagues in The Show 20:

1. The 40-Man Live MLB Leagues use the 40-man rosters of all 30 teams that are updated frequently throughout the year. If you’re not happy with your current roster, try making some trades!
  2. Diamond Dynasty Collection Leagues allows you to use your entire Diamond Dynasty Collection of player items to build your lineup. Commissioners can even set restrictions on team overalls to keep things even.
I vote using MLB teams at least to start.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I thought about participating, but I haven't bought The Show in like 5 years. I downloaded the latest version via PS Plus and am just terrible now. My reflexes have been dulled by age and Miller High Life.

No online play for me unfortunately, but I hope the league works out and I look forward to following the thread.

I thought about participating, but I haven't bought The Show in like 5 years. I downloaded the latest version via PS Plus and am just terrible now. My reflexes have been dulled by age and Miller High Life.

No online play for me unfortunately, but I hope the league works out and I look forward to following the thread.
Practice grasshopper

Understandable. I myself ain't good. But it is all for fun and enjoyment. In all likelihood, we may have more than 1 league as we will have casual players and more dedicated players. I also hope we will see these games streamed so other Gaffers can watch.

Are you afraid of my Digital deluxe pre order bonuses?

Rosters are fine.

I can see GAF having leagues for both. I'm sure we will have at least 4 Gaffers with DD teams.

Last edited:
The options for in seem flexible enough that I might be able to play. I guess it depends on what is decided upon (i.e. game length).

There is a Dev livestream Thursday that is gonna expand on the Custom Leagues. I will post as soon as I have the info

The options for in seem flexible enough that I might be able to play. I guess it depends on what is decided upon (i.e. game length).
I was thinking 5 to 6 innings to start

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Practice grasshopper

Ha. Wish I could devote hours to it, but these days my available time for baseball fandom is all used up by watching games and setting my fantasy lineup. I have done memories of whiling away summer afternoons playing High Heat.

OK so we got more info, but I wasn't around to immediately post it. Here we go

Custom Leagues will allow between four and 30 players to compete against each other in an online league (no CPU default teams). Leagues can use real-life rosters or players’ Diamond Dynasty teams. The commissioner can offer up various restrictions in the league, from imposing a maximum team overall to mandating players complete a certain amount of games per week and the length of the regular season and the World Series.

So max 30 teams in a league. Makes sense but I was thinking 10 since Blog post and video only showed max 10.

Commissioners will be able to mark their leagues as “Competitive” or “Relaxed.” They’ll be able to mandate that players play a certain number of games per week. If players don’t play their mandated games, commissioners can simulate games or pick the winners of unplayed games. They can also make other players co-commissioner and give them those permissions. If a player is kicked, that team turns into a CPU team until another player is invited.

So we can't have CPU teams unless a Player quits the league. Sounds odd and dumb but ok.

Postseasons can be either two, four, or eight teams. Teams that don’t make the postseason will still be able to challenge other players, but those games won’t affect the postseason itself.

So your time in the league doesn't end if you don't make the playoffs

Top Bottom