• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous could make a return at PlayStation showcase

GymWolf

I really hope not, I think Infamous is past it’s sell by date now. GoT is a much more interesting IP.
cunt-stfu.gif

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I'm game for more inFAMOUS. I wouldn't mind a continuation of Second Son or just an entirely new story.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I really hope not, I think Infamous is past it’s sell by date now. GoT is a much more interesting IP.

Feels like going backwards after the absolutely amazing (and my personal GOTG) Ghost of Tsushima. I hoped for either GOT2 or a new IP.
But still, its Sucker Punch. So cautiously optimistic.

makaveli60

A sequel to Second Son please with different abilities again. SS was one of my favorite ps4 games and the first “this is nextgen” game

GametimeUK

I'd love a new Infamous game. I prefer infamous to Ghost of Tsushima, but I realise I'm the minority here. Still, I hope this happens.

Markio128

Infamous was pretty fun tbh. I’d be up for a new game in the series, as long as the devs added a bit more variety to the formula.

Star-Lord

Imagine liking delsin story more than cole story...this is like chickens and ducks once again...
The inner hipster in me drew me to Delsin. Plus, from what I remember, didn’t Cole’s story amount to nothing? You put a load of effort in to be the good guy, but the story wraps up with you ultimately being the bad guy? Fuck that.

GymWolf

The inner hipster in me drew me to Delsin. Plus, from what I remember, didn’t Cole’s story amount to nothing? You put a load of effort in to be the good guy, but the story wraps up with you ultimately being the bad guy? Fuck that.
The finale for the first one was one of the best story ending of the ps3 era, what are you talking about?! It was a great cliffhanger.

Delsin was just an annoying asshole.

ParaSeoul

What do people like about GoT anyway? Heard people say its like old Asscreed but I found out the vanilla release doesn't even have a lock on ffs

Hoppa

Cool I'm into it. Would make sense with what Jaffe said and asking who's developing it. SP are focused on Ghost of Tsushima so maybe the IP has been given to another developer. Possibly Bend who are supposedly working on an open world game?

Star-Lord

The finale for the first one was one of the best story ending of the ps3 era, what are you talking about?! It was a great cliffhanger.

Delsin was just an annoying asshole.
It was an over-used trope, and you know it. Plus, why do you think I resonate with Delsin? I’m the epitome of annoying asshole. Look up the definition of asshole in the dictionary, there’ll be a photo of me.

GymWolf

What do people like about GoT anyway? Heard people say its like old Asscreed but I found out the vanilla release doesn't even have a lock on ffs
The game has a slightly modified free flow combat style, it doesn't need a lock on.

But they introduced the lock on with the latest patch and no one limes it because it makes the combat harder.

Why they liked it?! Because it's an ac game from sony with slightly better narrative and better combat, also the art design is on point if you like samurai stuff.

GymWolf

It was an over-used trope, and you know it. Plus, why do you think I resonate with Delsin? I’m the epitome of annoying asshole. Look up the definition of asshole in the dictionary, there’ll be a photo of me.
Over used trope can be still good and no one was expecting that finale, it was chef kiss.

For delsin it wasn't just him, the villain was shit, the secondary character were pretty shit and the overall plot was shit.

I still like the game a lot because i'm an infamous whore, but the first 2 were fairly better.

Zannegan

I thought Spiderman was a great replacement for the Infamous games.

I wonder if this one is going to be very different from the previous ones.
Spiderman makes for some great games and has an awesome universe to tool around in, but inFamous has some advantages. I like that each entry brings in new protagonists or at least new powers to tool around with. Charging your powers up from "elements" in the environment is also an interesting limiter.

I know for some it's the lesser series of the two, and I guess if you forced me to choose between the IP I'd agree, but Sony doesn't have to choose. I think they could easily rotate between the two, giving each IP a long enough break to stay fresh and allow for a decent dev time while keeping fans of open world superhero games fed.

Why replace when you can have both?

Star-Lord

Over used trope can be still good and no one was expecting that finale, it was chef kiss.

For delsin it wasn't just him, the villain was shit, the secondary character were pretty shit and the overall plot was shit.

I still like the game a lot because i'm an infamous whore, but the first 2 were fairly better.
Brooke Augustine was a badass villain, and was a welcome change to the usual over-the-top charades you usually get in this genre of game. She had stage presence, and the malice oozed out of her. Whenever she appeared, you knew shit was going to go down.

Compare that to The Beast and what basically is Future Cole, and you can easily see why Second Son was, and is, the best Infamous game where story and character are concerned.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Visually stunning games but other than that I found them repetitive and mundane. I'll be disappointed if this is the surprise!

GymWolf

Brooke Augustine was a badass villain, and was a welcome change to the usual over-the-top charades you usually get in this genre of game. She had stage presence, and the malice oozed out of her. Whenever she appeared, you knew shit was going to go down.

Compare that to The Beast and what basically is Future Cole, and you can easily see why Second Son was, and is, the best Infamous game where story and character are concerned.
You are probably the first guy i know that prefer story and characters from second son...

Arcadialane

Totally underrated game within the lineup of PS exlusives. Give us another infamous over horizon/last of us any day

chonga

It was 'updated' because they renewed the domain name for another year.

Doesn't mean shit.

playstation2.com was updated in July, I think they're gonna reveal a re-release of the console u guise.
motorstorm.com was too, OMG can't wait!
And resistancefallofman.com, my god is there no end to the games Insomniac will pump out!

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Really enjoyed the first two while not caring for Second Son. Regardless, I would more than welcome another entry in this series.

Dr Bass

Totally underrated game within the lineup of PS exlusives. Give us another infamous over horizon/last of us any day
It feels too much like Spider-Man at this point IMO.

I hope we just get something totally new. I don't care if it's even one new game. I had more fun with Returnal than I ever did with Horizon or TloU (or any naughty dog game of late actually).

I very much want to just see new creative ideas. Franchises are important, but so is experimenting and new creations.

Rac3r

Infamous is kinda corny imo, and also unnecessary (Spiderman). I'd rather see resources spent on a PS5 only Tsushima sequel, new IP or revival (SOCOM, The Getaway, etc)

GymWolf

It feels too much like Spider-Man at this point IMO.

I hope we just get something totally new. I don't care if it's even one new game. I had more fun with Returnal than I ever did with Horizon or TloU (or any naughty dog game of late actually).

I very much want to just see new creative ideas. Franchises are important, but so is experimenting and new creations.
No he doesn't.

One is basically a tps, the other is melee oriented, they play completely different.

The only thing in common is being open world and having good traversal mechanics.

Top Bottom