• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indies of E3

Theorry

It's on hold right now afaik

Nope.

Hey all,

Quick notes:

• Yes, we're still in full production on the game. We've never stopped. It isn't cancelled.
• When we delayed again, we decided to do what we felt was the right thing, and stop promoting the game until we have a concrete release date that we can share. No more expected dates, just one release date.
• Our game collab with Cartoon Network has no impact on Below. We've always had 2 full teams at Capy. There's 24 people here, split between the two.

Despite all this, we totally understand that people have lost confidence in the game coming out. It's been a long-ass time and a bunch of delays. But from our POV, we gotta do what we gotta do to make sure we're making something we're happy with. And trust me, no one wants to get this game out more than us :)

We hope that when we announce the release date, or when it releases, or at some other point after that, you'll give the game a shot.

If anyone has questions, I'm around.

hotcyder

Definitely looking forward to Matterfall, Minit and Tacoma

Had no idea about Kingsway though - looks like my kind of thing.

Saw Yoku's Island Express for the first time in an Easy Allies vid - totally looking forward to that too!

Anyone remember the name of the space dwarf mining game they showed at Microsoft's conference?

Calm Mind

Unruly Heroes
developer: Magic Design Studios
platforms: Xbox One, PS4, Switch and PC

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I supported A Hat in Time years ago it seems. Nice to see it coming along.

Hope it still has co op as that's one of the main reasons I bought it.

moeman

The strangest omission of E3 was Nintendo not focusing on Indies. I hope they have a direct with it sometime soon, because I'd really like to see what else is coming down the pipe. The Switch is a perfect system for Indies.

Anyway, I'm really excited for Indivisible and Tacoma.

The lack of indies at e3 was likely deliberate planning by Nintendo so that they weren't overshadowed by Mario/Metroid and the other games they have planned. I'm confident they'll release a direct sometime soon that is focused on nindies.

Shiggy

The Last Night probably looked the most interesting of the ones listed. Hope they show off gameplay soon.

By the way, you missed out on Shakedown Hawaii.

Good list. Particularly into the art of The Artful Escape.

Speaking of indies on the whole, MS being the only one of the big three to put any sort of spotlight on them this year was odd. I imagine if anyone had told you that would happen a few years back, you'd be laughed at.

Anyone remember the name of the space dwarf mining game they showed at Microsoft's conference?

Deep Rock Galactic.

mindatlarge

The Last Night really got my attention. Loving the fusion between pixel style graphics for the characters and modern day graphics for the backgrounds and other art. Looks like a world I could get lost in for hours.

Qwark

Didn't know about Minit, reminds me of Half Minute Hero in concept and I loved that game.

Also didn't know about Kingsway, that one looks really interesting.

Nice thread. I'm a bit disappointed with the showing though, there was nothing that blew me away like We Happy Few did last year.

Shikoba

Ashen looks super interesting. Love the style and direction it is taking. Glad to see Indivisible heading to Switch.

WaterAstro

Aren't some of the Sony VR games they had in their conference considered indie games?

Like Polyarc's Moss with that mouse dude?

Gbraga

It's really weird to be excited for Tacoma. I honestly don't like anything I watch from the game at all, but since I also wasn't too hot on Gone Home before playing it, I feel like I have to just trust them and experience the game for myself.

It definitely helps that it's right in that impulse purchase price range.

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin looks amazing.

Nice thread. I'm a bit disappointed with the showing though, there was nothing that blew me away like We Happy Few did last year.
Well, that was a CGI trailer and the actual game isn't as exciting :p
It's really weird to be excited for Tacoma. I honestly don't like anything I watch from the game at all, but since I also wasn't too hot on Gone Home before playing it, I feel like I have to just trust them and experience the game for myself.

It definitely helps that it's right in that impulse purchase price range.

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin looks amazing.

I wasn't excited for Tacoma but once I got to play it and it having more systems than Gone Home to play around with, I've been more interested in it.

Gbraga

I wasn't excited for Tacoma but once I got to play it and it having more systems than Gone Home to play around with, I've been more interested in it.

Sounds perfect. Seems like the game will quickly click with you when you're playing, much like Gone Home.

I'm in.

TissueBox

The Artful Escape is something I decided to have a third eye on almost as soon as Annapurna's name went up. It'll be interesting to see how these folks have a hand in game development.

I mean, I've since been turned off by the bait and switch and how it's a roguelike, but that wasn't a CGI trailer, it was gameplay. And the full game isn't out, so yeah.
No you're right, it wasn't CG, bad memory on my part. The game's been in EA for nearly a year now (they said the game would be in EA for 6-12 months), so we might see more substantial story stuff soon. I'd like to be proven wrong.

Top Bottom