• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie World April 14: the big summary (OlliOlli World, Cris Tales, TMNT: Shredder's Revenge, Oxenfree 2...)

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
unknown.png

If you've missed the latest Indie World, here's a quick recap:

Road 96

Announced late last year for a PC release, Road 96 is coming to Switch this time.
Developed by the DigixArt studio to which we owe Lost in Harmony and 11-11 Memories Retold, this road trip will take us on a great adventure across the United States.
In addition to the very nice artistic direction and a soundtrack with Toxic Avenger, Cocoon or Robert Parker, the good idea is to offer a narration with several branches.
The goal is always the same, namely to flee the country, but the path to get there will always be very different with many characters, landscapes, roads, etc.
It sounds really cool, so one to watch very carefully, while we wait until we have a release date, set at a vague "sometime in 2021".

Aerial_Knight’s Never Yield

Already planned on Steam, the very cool Neil Jones (the creator and developer of Aerial_Knight's Never Yield) revealedf more about his game.
It looks very cool and rather suited to the Switch format (a demo is already on the eShop). The release date is set for May 19, and we would also like a vinyl release of the OST by Daniel Wilkins.

Last stop

Make way for Annapurna Interactive and the edition of Last Stop, a game developed by Variable State.
No Battle Royale in sight, but rather a narrative adventure set in London, with the three stories intertwined. It all seems very focused on the supernatural, but also on the feeling.
As usual, it looks very interesting when it comes to Annapurna Interactive and it's slated for Switch and also PC, Xbox, PS4 and PS5 for the month of July.

Hindsight

We stay at Annapurna Interactive with Hindsight, a title developed by Joel McDonald who therefore signs his second game after Prune in 2015.
Here, he lets go of the mobiles to go to PC and Switch, by offering a narrative game that will probably bring out the handkerchiefs.
The goal will be to live the life of a woman from birth to today, to give (or understand?) a meaning in her life, to understand her dreams… It is planned during this year.

OlliOlli World

Did you like the two OlliOlli, these excellent skateboard games by the little Roll7 studio? Well you will surely love its sequel, OlliOlli World, unless you want an arcade game.
For this third episode, the developers stayed on their skateboard, but saw bigger, better, and more characters to meet, more quests, more of everything.
In short, a kind of 2D open world for OlliOlli. Wait and see what it gives and especially if the gameplay has remained as technical.
In any case, this little gem on wheels is expected on Switch, PC, Xbox, PS4 and PS5, starting this winter. Yes, we will have to wait a bit.

The Longing

It's time for Anselm Pyta from the studio Seufs (in Germany), who put on his best black t-shirt, his black pants and combed his black hair, to tell us about a walk he took 9 years ago in a somewhat morbid cave.
A somewhat special introduction, but which then lets discover The Longing, a game really like no other. The goal will be to wait 400 real life days for the king, trapped in this cave, to break free.
Obviously, it will be possible to speed things up a bit, especially by letting this little character read books, like Nietzsche or even Moby Dick, or by solving a few puzzles. The best part being that all of this is already available on the eShop.
A perfect game for the next confinement.

There is No Game: Wrong Dimension

Already available on Steam since August 2020, the title of Draw Me A Pixel now lands on Switch.
And when we see the good feedback from this game which isn't a game, we think this little port is a good idea. This big frenzy is now available on the eShop.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge will be out on Switch ! The announcement was made via Cyrille Imbert, CEO of Dotemu, accompanied by Jean-François Major of Tribute Games.
The release date is not fixed for the moment, but we still have a year: 2021.

Cris Tales

Once again, Cris Tales returns in a Direct. This very nice RPG published by Modus Games and developed by the Colombians of Dreams Uncorporated and SYCK, arrives on Switch on July 20!

GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon

Oh ! A game from Konami, or rather developed by GuruGuru. With its feudal Japanese-oriented art direction, GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon mixes elements of hack’n’slash and roguelite, all with a 2D vision.
It's super pretty and, to shine in society, this is the sequel to GetsuFumaDen, released in 1987 on Famicom. If that appeals to you, you'll have to wait until next year to get your hands on it.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Aztech Forgotten Gods

Small novelty from Mexico, Aztech Forgotten Gods arrives with some additional explanations from Guille de Lienzo, one of the people behind this game.
It looks cool, it will talk about Mexico (for a Mexican studio, it's practical) , and it's expected for fall 2021.

Oxenfree 2: Lost Signals

One more thing! The big announcement is therefore Oxenfree 2: Lost Signals, scheduled for Switch and Steam for this year.
So this was the game Night School Studio had been working on since the release of After Party. Very little information in this trailer, but we still know that the story takes place 5 years after the first episode, resuming its artistic direction, but not necessarily the same characters.

Full show:

Last edited:

NahaNago

tnmt, cris tales, olli olli world ,and possibly road 96 for me. Seriously need to change that road number. This indie world was a bit tame.

xrnzaaas

I've tried OlliOlli2, but it's not for me. The controls will make you destroy your Dualshock pretty quickly and now when we have THPS1-2 remake I don't have to look for other skating games anymore.

e&e

Banned
Man, so much good stuff! Honestly, devs can stop releasing games now so I can catch up lol!

Last edited:

Quasicat

I am so excited for TMNT. The Switch has become my dedicated arcade machine with so many awesome brawlers, arcade collections and the 8bitdo Arcade Stick. I can’t wait to play the Turtles game with it!

Top Bottom