• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie games only screenshot tread

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
This tread is a request by CitizenX CitizenX

Hotline-Miami-Collection.jpg

What is an Indie game: It refers to games typically created by individuals or smaller development teams, witch allow more creative freedom, without the financial support of a large game publisher, in contrast to most "AAA games"
Same rules as the PC Screenshot tread:
  • Limits: 2 screenshots per post. If you have more than 2, make more posts or use thumbnails.
  • Spamming: No more than 3 consecutive posts of the same game. Link to an album of your collection.
  • Naming: Always include the name of the game with the screenshots. Not everyone is a game encyclopedia.
  • Compression: If it's visible you will be called out. Follow the JPEG guide below.
  • Emulators: Emulator screens are fine. However, you should list the emulator used.
  • Stretching: Do not post stretched screenshots. Do not take 2.35 screens unless you know what you are doing.
  • Spoilers: Please do not post major plot points from games released in the last 2 months.
  • Thinking: Think before you post. Is the screenshot really worth posting? Does anyone care about some ugly texture you found? No.
  • Feelings: Did someone hurt your feelings? PM a mod. Take your drama elsewhere.

dead-cells.jpg
  • Custom Resolutions: If you have an Nvidia or an AMD card, create a couple custom resolutions over 1080p.
  • Steam: You can tell Steam to also save lossless screens when hitting the button and choose and output folder.
  • FastStone: It's free and quite easy. You can resize a whole folder with different options and convert to .png/.jpeg.
  • Irfanview/Photoshop: Use one of these to convert to .png from .bmp, crop out black bars or resize pictures.
  • Zoner PS: Another Photoshop alternative, recommended by Angelus Errare.
  • Alo81's JPEG Guide: Everything you need to know about saving as a JPEG.

INSIDE_01.jpg

• Picpar: Brought to you by none other than X3sphere, a simple and efficient image host.
  • Abload: Easy to use, doesn't compress jpegs further, auto-converts bmps to png nicely.
  • Imgur: The most used in this tread, almost no loss during the upload, simple to use.
  • Flickr: Two terabytes of storage and great for screenshot library management.
  • Lensdump: Free unlimited permanent image storage with almost no loss in quality.

bladed-fury-pc-980d1e2c.jpg

• Alo81's JPEG Guide: Everything you need to know about saving as a JPEG without getting shanked.
  • MrRoderick's Screenshot Compendium: A great thread filled with advice on advanced techniques for screenshotting specific games.
  • Nvidia Inspector: This guide covers how to force AA externally and the basics of using the program.
  • Radeon Pro: Pretty self explanatory, follows a lot of the basics from Nvidia Inspector.
  • SGSSAA: This guide on Guru3D covers how to implement Sparse Grid Super Sampling.
  • HBAO+ Compatibility guide: HBAO+ Flags to be used with NVidiaInspector to improve or add ambiant occlusion on many games.

Last edited:

CitizenX

Banned
Lone: Far Sails
One of those games you can move frame by frame and take a great screenshot with zero effort. Its short but has impact like the game Inside. pretty impressive for i think what was 3-4 students who basically were creating a demo or portfolio.

p3Vx8ep.jpg

mWgOjcy.jpg

CitizenX

Banned
Omensight
I just finished this last week sort of groundhog day story with animals and with God of War combat and narration. I wish there were more levels kind of lost its impact after constantly repeating but it also got pretty difficult. Their previous game is also pretty good Stories Path of Destines, they defiantly have a style and I think its pretty awesome.

Qc0iWAO.jpg

snyFF5o.jpg

Reactions: MrS

CitizenX

Banned
Bladed Fury
Absolute must play if you like side scrolling action games. Its not very long depending on difficulty choice but its all hand painted, voiced in Japanese and its on sale right now for $5. Pretty awesome, however no ultra wide support. I just wanted to bring it some attention as it one of those that got lost in the never ending river of indie releases(reason i requested the thread, thank you again to
KyoZz KyoZz ). Awesome, fast, tough combat.

xN0H7Ka.jpg

6ZX6D1C.jpg

CitizenX

Banned
Bendy and the Ink Machine
Should have been better but absolute incredible art direction, sound, music and story kept me hooked til the end. Bioshock fans its a must play, some really funny references as it is totally aware of their influence. Sequel is set to come out this year but havent heard anything.

XcEN05r.jpg

F1lzXxI.jpg

Top Bottom