• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie game Heavenly Bodies - PS4 PS5 PC - coming December 7

kyliethicc

Been reading about this indie game. Looks like it could be pretty fun. Physics puzzles set in space, with co-op.

Finally they announced its coming out next month, at least on PlayStation. No date yet on the PC release. Hopefully its like $30.

Here's a bunch of info:

Key Features
  • A collection of stellar scenarios inspired by the feats of space explorers and researchers throughout history.
  • Play single player or with a friend via local-coop. You’ll be able to play missions either solo or with a friend.
  • Play 2 player online using PSN Share Play
  • Expressively control every limb of a weightless cosmonaut to perform challenging and delicate maneuvers.
  • Manipulate incredibly expensive space vehicles and elaborate machinery.
  • Stylized 70s visual aesthetic influenced by archival space photography and technical illustration.

lhbYF6X.jpg

"Alex here, I’m a designer and the technical lead at 2pt Interactive. As many of you may know, we’re the little indie studio making the challenging, physics-based game Heavenly Bodies.

For those who aren’t as familiar with it, Heavenly Bodies is a game about cosmonauts, the body, and the absence of gravity. You move the limbs of a weightless, physically simulated space engineer (or two, in local co-op) to assemble and maintain structures and systems aboard a rickety space station. Your assigned tasks will often appear straightforward, but without gravity to keep you grounded, even the most mundane requests will require wit and willful coordination to perform."

"The game’s visual style is influenced by mid-century technical illustrations, archival imagery of early space flight exploration and cutaway drawings that allow the viewer to see detailed structures. Our goal has been to create something that appears more like an artist’s interpretation of space rather than striving for realism. The work of Soviet architect and designer Galina Balashova and NASA collaborator illustrator Russ Arasmith has been vital in informing our visual language."

"Using two good arms and a cool head, you’ll use the DualSense wireless controller to control each individual limb of a weightless, physically simulated cosmonaut. These simple, yet tricky controlsenable you to move around and interact with a variety of space-station modules that require delicate assembly and maintenance. Each of these scenarios can be played either solo or with a friend via local co-op."

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Amazing OP pal, I can't wait for this I was just getting really excited over seeing that launch trailer as well.

I really like the blueprint style texture effect they've added now. I love physics games but this just looks so jolly and fun, definitely one to play with my new boo.

Kuranghi

I could get on Steam but I think this is one to play on PS5, I bet the Dualsense support adds a lot to it. Thank fuck I got a 2nd DS. Bunch of bastards Sony are for not allowing DS4 to play PS5 games but at the same time I want the DS features so its aw wan.

kyliethicc

Amazing OP pal, I can't wait for this I was just getting really excited over seeing that launch trailer as well.

I really like the blueprint style texture effect they've added now. I love physics games but this just looks so jolly and fun, definitely one to play with my new boo.
Thanks, yeah it looks like it could be a funny little game.

I could get on Steam but I think this is one to play on PS5, I bet the Dualsense support adds a lot to it. Thank fuck I got a 2nd DS. Bunch of bastards Sony are for not allowing DS4 to play PS5 games but at the same time I want the DS features so its aw wan.
They do talk about the Dualsense a lot, tho that's kinda a given since they're market the game on PS Blog.

I'm sure its totally fine to play on PC.

Kuranghi

They do talk about the Dualsense a lot, tho that's kinda a given since they're market the game on PS Blog.

I'm sure its totally fine to play on PC.

They could have the haptics on PC at least maybe, trigger effects are possible but I've not see devs do it yet.

I think as long as the data is the same the haptics in the DS will due good job with it, regardless of whether its haptic data made for DS, because for instance, it feels like I get the full haptics support in FH5 even though I'm emulating the DS as an Xbox One pad on my PC through DS4Windows (Ryochan fork).

Nankatsu

Seems interesting. Was checking this to play some local-coop with my pops, until I read the part of "control every limb". Seems too complex for him.

kyliethicc

Seems interesting. Was checking this to play some local-coop with my pops, until I read the part of "control every limb". Seems too complex for him.
Its just L2 R2 & sticks for grabbing stuff with your arms. Push / pull etc.

Then you can use L1 R1 to push with your legs, as a secondary mechanic for moving.

Not that complicated.

kyliethicc

9/10 from Destructoid

"Much like space itself, Heavenly Bodies can be beautiful, scary, and hilarious all at once.

In this one- to two-player “tricky physics” simulation game, there are so many moments where you can marvel at the station’s endearingly relentless attention to detail, worry about drifting out into the great unknown, or just get on your fellow cosmonaut’s nerves.

It’s a high-production-value effort from indie studio 2pt Interactive, but when you really boil it down, Heavenly Bodies is about zero-gravity physical comedy, which I love."

Another 9/10

Last edited:
Top Bottom