• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Dev Josh Loveridge about Playstation 4K rumour 'Just propaganda, no truth to that' - Including full interview.

maxresdefault.jpg

Pretty much PlayStations version of this. Not something that I would brag about.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Xbox has a section comprising of the worst indie games on Earth.

Creator's Club.

A couple hundred $1-5 games which are somehow even worse than 360's worst XBLIG games. Thankfully they are in their own section.

I don't think I've ever experienced this. I fucking hate the Xbox UI and Store so much.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I don't think I've ever experienced this. I fucking hate the Xbox UI and Store so much.
It's in the Store. There will be a box that says Creators Club or Creators Collection.

Avoid unless you want to buy Solitaire made by a guy in his basement.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
P I S S
COMING OUT OF MY A S S

And now that makes both of us.

Im not even going to bother watching this.
But the whole new amazing exclusive every few weeks and/or months is something im curious about, is that even realistically sustainable.

I think 4 major exclusive a year is like peak ohh shit, but every few weeks would be something like 10 major exclusives.
I think Sonys 2018 output was insane.
God of War
Spiderman
Shadow of the col
Detroit.

If they are planning on releasing 4 more exclusive games per year thats gonna be some truly mad output, if they are buying exclusive deals as heavily as is rumored they just might be able to actually pull it off.
Wallets are not going to be happy.

sircaw

Banned
I genuinely hadn’t until recently. I knew I was going to buy a Ps5, but really wanted to have a reason to buy a Series X. I‘m lucky enough to have the kind of finances that enable me to do that. I just want to play great games, the platform is irrelevant to me. But I have not seen a game on Series X that I cannot play on Ps5 or my PC. That’s the only reason that matters.

Adopt me.

Banned
maxresdefault.jpg

Pretty much PlayStations version of this. Not something that I would brag about.

hence my post xD
👇
CAN WE STOP TO TAKE DEVELOPERS, THAT MADE MAYBE 1 OR 2 EXCLUSIVE SHITTY INDY GAMES, AS A SOURCE FOR INFORMATION?

like for real, stop quoting developers that OBVIOUSLY try to cater towards fanboys in order to sell their mediocre games to them!

Last edited:

H-I-M

“Maybe once a year you’ll see an Xbox game when you own a PlayStation and go wow I really wish I had that but on the Xbox it’s every few weeks or months that they have to see these quality exclusive titles and say wow I wish I had a PlayStation to play that”

I LOVE this tea.
tumblr_inline_nlru23qFaJ1qc4uvh.gif

CAB_Life

So we go from one fanboy “dev insider” extreme to the other, and this should be no more acceptable than the blather that we endured last week. Reads like a GameFAQs dissertation for fuck’s sake.

Shame on any of you over the age of 10 who endorse this shit.

hence my post xD
👇

like for real, stop quoting developers that OBVIOUSLY try to cater towards fanboys in order to sell their mediocre games to them!

Yep someone can confirm that Warcraft card game running at 8K at 120FPs and I still wouldn't be impressed.

It's great that some of these Indies are hitting 4K 60FPs but they really are not worth bragging about.

Pallas

Is this Sony’s version of Dusk Golem? Look not trying to troll here but these hot takes from pseudo-insiders and indie devs are getting ridiculous.

I won’t lie, thought what Dusk posted had some merit, simply because it was about Capcom but after reading more into it, it’s pretty much conjecture.

MrA

Banned
indie devs with visually unimpressive games sure seem to be the biggest trash talkers, the dolphin game guy slagging off on the ps5 now this guy on the xboxsex

Roberts

Out of all the indie developers talking about the next gen stuff, this guy is by far the biggest fanboy. He is not even trying to hide it.

Is this Sony’s version of Dusk Golem? Look not trying to troll here but these hot takes from pseudo-insiders and indie devs are getting ridiculous.

I won’t lie, thought what Dusk posted had some merit, simply because it was about Capcom but after reading more into it, it’s pretty much conjecture.

Not really since he's actually a developer. He's more like Sonys versions of that Orphan of the Machine dev.

Welp, at least he agrees R&C could be done with no problem on Series X. Nice to hear an actual dev on PS side say this and not a "student engineer" getting info wrong for hot takes to try FUDing otherwise.

This was the MarlonGamingNation stream right? Just finished watching it, it was a good stream. Wish he'd of pressed him on some deeper questions but that's what a next time is for. It would be nice to have a dev interview on one of these streams that didn't feel a need to take shots or even really reference the other system (because I know some DealerGaming streams with dev interviews have done similar towards PS5), unfortunately the only ones that tend to do that are the more corporate (i.e boring) style of gaming streams.

Pallas

He mentions that space would be a huge issue next gen, because the extra assets and stuff, but wasn’t there someone(can’t for the life of me remember who) who said that games might actually be smaller because there wouldn’t be duplicate files or something like that? I can’t remember his exact words.

OP not putting up a summary kinda allows the usual suspects to run amok and characterize the whole interview which was informative in some aspects.

Last edited:

Krisprolls

Banned
Welp, at least he agrees R&C could be done with no problem on Series X.

Ratchet couldn't be done on XSX, unless you're ok to wait twice as long each time you see Ratchet fall between dimensions, which would be very quickly unbearable because it aready takes 2 to 3 seconds on PS5. There's more than 100 % speed difference in SSD I/O.

The mechanism (teleportation between worlds) can definitely be done technically on XSX due to the SSD, but it wouldn't work in game because it would be too slow. Unless you manage to cut assets size in some way, but then it won't look as good as Ratchet.

Last edited:

Pallas

Ratchet couldn't be done on XSX, unless you're ok to wait twice as long each time you see Ratchet fall between dimensions, which would be very quickly unbearable because it aready takes 2 to 3 seconds on PS5. There's more than 100 % speed difference in SSD I/O.

The mechanism (teleportation between worlds) can definitely be done technically on XSX due to the SSD, but it wouldn't work in game because it would be too slow.

So 4 to 6 seconds on XsX?

Banned

The mechanism (teleportation between worlds) can definitely be done technically on XSX due to the SSD, but it wouldn't work in game because it would be too slow.

oh no! 2 seconds load screens would be 4 seconds long! HOW WOULD ANYONE BE ABLE TO TOLERATE THIS?
also that's implying that the demo shown of R&C is already using the max speed possible and is already super optimized, which is doubtful. let's say they optimize this to be less than 1 second in the final game, this would mean an equally optimized Series X equivalent would be less than 2 seconds.

Last edited:

geordiemp

You know, just because insomniac gives the payer 2 seconds to tranition animation and get bearings does not mean the game takes 2 seconds to load.

Sometimes you need a transition for the player to feel he is travelling through a portal. We dont know how fast the load actually is to be fair. 0.5 seconds could be jarring.

Lets wait on insomniac dev feedback, and not indie devs

Last edited:

Krisprolls

Banned
You know, just because insomniac gives the payer 2 seconds to tranition animation and get bearings does not mean the game takes 2 seconds to load.

Sometimes you need a transition for the player to feel he is travelling through a portal. We dont know how fast the load actually is to be fair. 0.5 seconds could be jarring.

Lets wait on insomniac dev feedback, and not indie devs

You're right but I suspect what we saw is the best they can do right now. It would have been more impressive to show a 1 sec world transition so if it was possible, I suspect they would have done it and shown it.

A full world teleportation in 2-3 sec is still extremely impressive if you think about it. Later games will probably do even better.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I'm sick of devs playing pundit. Combined with the PR and FUD from these corpos, it makes it nigh impossible to make a judgement (until we see more games / put our hands on it, at least).

Why you say that? He is not bashing Xbox, just saying what he thinks is better from his side.. I can totally relate with what he is saying about experience being better in ps5 but I can also understand that other people think otherwise and is fine..
Because it's obvious he's disgruntled and leans towards Playstation. Xbox has the better hardware, that's not even up for debate.

TLZ

Banned
Guy who's developing a PS4 exclusive Indie game praises Sony.

BTW this is his game:
7.jpg
Talks literally like a Sony fanboy.

This thread is going to be liked around here.
I don't care about his personal experience, could be true or not.

But he is literally saying crap like "you will regret getting a Series X".
But you guys had absolutely no issues believing that lying asshole dusk golem, taking his nobody insider Twitter words as gospel. At least be consistent. Either believe or ignore both.

I can't talk about how MS treat indie devs, but this is not the first time I ear something like that about them.

Also, the PS4 has so many indie exclusives , it's only outcalssed by the PC on this portion of its catalog.

BootsLoader

Banned
I’m so tired of this bullsh*t. All devs and “leakers” became attention whores, speaking nonsense. Just wait for the consoles to release or the companies to speak themselves. God this is the worst pre-release of consoles I ever had.

ExKing

says GAF is a racist board but still wants to be a part of it...
Guy who's developing a PS4 exclusive Indie game praises Sony.

BTW this is his game:
7.jpg

That's so embarrassing to see some people pointing out indie games to make their point. Laughable.

I’m so tired of this bullsh*t. All devs and “leakers” became attention whores, speaking nonsense. Just wait for the consoles to release or the companies to speak themselves. God this is the worst pre-release of consoles I ever had.
This is normal. When ever a major console platform is dying, the gaming community smells blood and the remaining fans of the dying platform goes desperate. This is how all console wars end. Lots of swearing, lots of shouting, but eventually it ends when the body goes cold.

MrFunSocks

Banned
"Said that Microsoft don't allow certain genres of games to be made because they don't sell well"

Microsoft literally could not care less what genre of game a third party makes, especially an indie studio lol. They can make a paint drying cinematic graphic novel and MS will have no problem with it. This dev, going by their first 2 points, seems to have an axe to grind with MS.

What "4K rumour" is there for the PS5? We know it can do 4K - the PS4 could do 4K if the devs prioritized it. Is he talking about the rumours that some games struggled to do 4K? You can't say that's pure bullshit because there 100% will be games on both consoles that can't hit 4K native.

lol yep this guys definitely a sony boy. Get the PS5 if you want the best "players experience"? Lol

Oh small note - his game is PS exclusive lol. Gee, I wonder why he's doing free sony PR?

I genuinely hadn’t until recently. I knew I was going to buy a Ps5, but really wanted to have a reason to buy a Series X. I‘m lucky enough to have the kind of finances that enable me to do that. I just want to play great games, the platform is irrelevant to me. But I have not seen a game on Series X that I cannot play on Ps5 or my PC. That’s the only reason that matters.
Dude you're not fooling anyone. You don't get a tag like that for no reason.

Last edited:
Top Bottom