• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Dev Josh Loveridge about Playstation 4K rumour 'Just propaganda, no truth to that' - Including full interview.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Guy who's developing a PS4 exclusive Indie game praises Sony.

BTW this is his game:
7.jpg

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Talks literally like a Sony fanboy.

This thread is going to be liked around here.

Anything like this has to be taken with a pinch of salt, but I'm certainly prepared to believe he's had a better experience with Sony than he did with Microsoft. Of course, another dev may say the exact opposite. But this is an in depth interview with an indie dev working on Ps5, so it's a very interesting insight, and more authentic than a random guy on twitter's opinion.

Jon Neu

Banned
Anything like this has to be taken with a pinch of salt, but I'm certainly prepared to believe he's had a better experience with Sony than he did with Microsoft. Of course, another dev may say the exact opposite. But this is an in depth interview with an indie dev working on Ps5, so it's a very interesting insight, and more authentic than a random guy on twitter's opinion.

I don't care about his personal experience, could be true or not.

But he is literally saying crap like "you will regret getting a Series X".

Kataploom

Gold Member
IDK I don't console war but that looked extremely biased, if it wasn't paid it was just fanboyism like:

"From the devs perspective pre-order a PS5 if you want the best players experience"

A dev should know that most games will look and run better on more poweful hardware, that's for starter, then:

"You will regret getting a series X because Microsoft just doesn’t deliver that level of player experience"

The dude just starts talking about as a consumer perspective, like a total fan perspective...

"...also says that “Maybe once a year you’ll see an Xbox game when you own a PlayStation and go wow I really wish I had that but on the Xbox it’s every few weeks or months that they have to see these quality exclusive titles and say wow I wish I had a PlayStation to play that"

It's ok but the question was from a dev perspective and went full "xbox has no gaems"...

I wouldn't take this interview srsly and rather I'll wait for consoles to launch and see for myself.

inb4 someone calls me xbot or whatever they use in these cases lol

the welsh one

Neo Member
Nearly everyone on this site made their mind up months ago what they're going to buy if they are honest. All the threads like these are just people trying to justify their decisions to complete strangers. Hopefully this winter we'll all have what we want and be too busy playing to complain anymore. Well for a few weeks anyway.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Nearly everyone on this site made their mind up months ago what they're going to buy if they are honest. All the threads like these are just people trying to justify their decisions to complete strangers. Hopefully this winter we'll all have what we want and be too busy playing to complain anymore. Well for a few weeks anyway.

I genuinely hadn’t until recently. I knew I was going to buy a Ps5, but really wanted to have a reason to buy a Series X. I‘m lucky enough to have the kind of finances that enable me to do that. I just want to play great games, the platform is irrelevant to me. But I have not seen a game on Series X that I cannot play on Ps5 or my PC. That’s the only reason that matters.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I don't care about his personal experience, could be true or not.

But he is literally saying crap like "you will regret getting a Series X".
I agree 100%. The cheap shots at Microsoft in it weakens the overall message by the dev. Pinch of salt when there are comments slating a brand overall. This coming from someone who preordered a PS5, comments like this worry me more than the Dusk Golem shit.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
I agree 100%. The cheap shots at Microsoft in it weakens the overall message by the dev. Pinch of salt when there are comments slating a brand overall. This coming from someone who preordered a PS5, comments like this worry me more than the Dusk Golem shit.
Where did you preorder?

THE:MILKMAN

I mean this seems like a 20 year kid that knows no better but all this system wars crap has got this bad because both Sony and Microsoft have held back giving info for so long. Even the DF crew and Jeff Grubb have been affected and are going damn crazy....

Jon Neu

Banned
Youtubers, "insiders" on twitter, now indie devs with two months career. This hobby has lost all it's credibility for good.

A thread open in NeoGaf about some shitty nobody youtuber interviewing some shitty nobody indie dev.

Internet was a mistake.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Youtubers, "insiders" on twitter, now indie devs with two months career. This hobby has lost all it's credibility for good.
No, this is good. You dont want actual industry professionals from third party publishers going out there contributing to system wars. Their job is to make sure every game runs the best it can on every console. If they go and do interviews like this, their bias will hurt the industry.

The best thing to do is to wait for the games to come out and judge the consoles based on their output instead of comments by developers.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
He sounds like a guy who got burned at Microsoft, and treated much better at Sony, so the bias has an obvious reason behind it.

The only solid takeaway from this is that for this developer at least, Sony is the far better place to be. I’d be interested in hearing from more, to see if this is a one off, or a trend.

ManaByte

Gold Member
He sounds like a guy who got burned at Microsoft, and treated much better at Sony, so the bias has an obvious reason behind it.

The only solid takeaway from this is that for this developer at least, Sony is the far better place to be. I’d be interested in hearing from more, to see if this is a one off, or a trend.

Sounds more like a Sony fanboy who got his hands on a dev kit to give his ranting legitimacy.

bender

What time is it?

XBLA was great for spotlighting Indies in 360 days. PS4 did a good job of doing the same at the beginning of the generation. Both seem to have abandoned that with rare exception (Cuphead, Ori). I do hope the focus shifts back to this with the coming generation.

ManaByte

Gold Member
XBLA was great for spotlighting Indies in 360 days. PS4 did a good job of doing the same at the beginning of the generation. Both seem to have abandoned that with rare exception (Cuphead, Ori). I do hope the focus shifts back to this with the coming generation.

They seemed to abandon that after Nintendo kind of poisoned the water for indies by allowing so much garbage shovelware on the eShop.

Most indie developers aren't qualified to talk about hardware/software as most of them are designers who build their games on commercial engines.

Hell, I know nothing about computers and I can make a game level on UE4. The node system doesn't require anyone to know any programming. I can make that dolphin game or baby shark game 🤣

People need to quote software engineers ( API/ graphics engine developers, low level programmers). Those are working within big studios and won't talk about hardware til consoles are released. Even then, they will only talk in GDC not in a youtuber live podcast.

bender

What time is it?
They seemed to abandon that after Nintendo kind of poisoned the water for indies by allowing so much garbage shovelware on the eShop.

Plenty of trash on all platforms. Nintendo probably does the best job of what I was referring to with the "Nindies" Direct showcases.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Plenty of trash on all platforms. Nintendo probably does the best job of what I was referring to with the "Nindies" Direct showcases.

Yea they showcase them well, but the EShop is clogged up with so much garbage it makes Android blush.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Xbox has a section comprising of the worst indie games on Earth.

Creator's Club.

A couple hundred $1-5 games which are somehow even worse than 360's worst XBLIG games. Thankfully they are in their own section.

Last edited:
Top Bottom