• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In Retrospect, CDPR is a fucking bad company and only because they made one good game (which was also a buggy mess on launch) you shouldn't have......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onironauta

On Gaf everything is either GOAT or utter shit
It's too hard to admit that some developers make good but flawed games

Last edited:

TheMooMan

Banned
The CDPR backlash is so retarded.

Witcher 1 - rough but interesting and a great foundation for the series 7/10

Witcher 2 - huge improvement over the original in every way 9/10

Witcher 3 - a fantastic and ambitious conclusion to the trilogy which nails the ending 10/10

Cyberpunk 2077 - broken on consoles but not awful on PC and a great cyberpunk action adventure that didn't live up to the potential 8/10

Cyberpunk 2 will fix all the issues with the first game just like Witcher 2 did.

CDPR are great.

You are reducing them to console devs, however what makes them a great company is their anti-DRM stance on PC and their exemplary led store: GOG.

They deserve scrutiny for how they handled the release of CP, but one fuck up doesn‘t make them a bad company. They would be a bad company if they were to abandon CP2077 in half a year, like EA has been doing with Anthem or MEA.

Concern

Damn I must have missed the Witcher 3 hate train lol. Op lost all credibility before I could even read the op.

xacto

...abandoned your god and saviour Todd Howard.

Mock Bethesda Game Studios Games and their engine all you want...but they stay winning. They bring out the biggest and best games, have the best ideas, the best and still unmatched engine for open world games not even a single game has achieved so far. They outperform their competitors in the the long run in every single way.

The Witcher 3 was a buggy and downgraded mess at launch. But hey, it got hyped to infinity for its good story telling and quest design (which was good yes, but TW3 didn't really have that much replayability...maybe 2 or 3 times IF AT ALL).

Then came Cyberpunk, don't have to say more do I?

Now, because of their crappy game they developed an exploit has been found which can make their game vulnerable for hackers who can install malware and viruses on your PC...and know what they did? They blame their own MODDING COMMUNITY for it LMFAO. "please don't install any mods"

Now the modding community is taking a stand and coming out with whats REALLY going on, yet another CDPR lie.
Capture.PNG

Y'all remember this once Starfield and TES Vl comes out.

Did we need a "Bethesda appreciation" thread? I guess we did.

By the way, I hope you own the Xbox console, cause I heard that all Bethesda games will be only on that platform.

Fuz

Banned
Two amazing games, one good game, an unfinished and unpolished game and a fucking masterpiece.

JonkyDonk

While I do love a lot about The Witcher games, and was on the bandwagon early on, I have always thought that CDPR were way overrated by the fans, and the company have always sounded arrogant and overestimated themselves. And those inflated expectations led to the Cyberpunk fiasco. I don't think they are shit or finished, but they need to reevalute many things about the studio, get back to doing what they are good at, and manage their projects properly.

Last edited:

Mozzarella

This thread title is very long and reads like a comment instead of a title. Please in your next thread try to write a better title.

As for the context I disagree, I dont care about companies to fanboy them but I still appreciate that we have GOG and Witcher games were fantastic so i dont hate the company, I however acknowledge the disastrous launch, over promise, over confidence and amateur mistakes they have made but i still like them more than Bethesda as a company, Bethesda is full of bad practices its way more rotten.

Also i dont agree that they made only one good game.
Witcher 1 I could not finish but i liked the story, so it gets 3/5 from me
Withcer 2 gets 4/5, very good game but missed the mark on some things.
Witcher 3 gets 5/5 from me, legendary game and one of the best i have played.
Thronebreaker is a good card game because i liked Gwent. Gets 3.5/5
Cyberpunk is a buggy game with many problems but i would still rate 3/5 because its high moments are good.

Witcher 3 was had bugs at launch but it was not a buggy mess like you claim, nowhere near Cyberpunk and it was also way less buggy than any Bethesda game lol.

Unnecessary rant thread.

They created on of the greatest games ever imo, so I will always give them a chance.

Yes imo CyberPunk was a failure on many levels, so I just hope their next game makes up for it.

they never made a single "good" game. witcher 3 was an ok game that got overhyped by the PC crowd to combat the superior bloodborne. Like every year some shitty indie game is overrated and pushed as a "PC goty"

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
they never made a single "good" game. witcher 3 was an ok game that got overhyped by the PC crowd to combat the superior bloodborne. Like every year some shitty indie game is overrated and pushed as a "PC goty"

I guarantee you the number of people that played The Witcher 3 on PC was far fewer than on console.

zkorejo

See that's why I don't buy all the neverending Cyberpunk hate drama. It just very obviously is 75% of people shitting on the game based on their personal agenda against cdpr or because they are shills for other companies with much worse games and as well as equally just as shady business practices.

Cdpr made alot of enemies with TW3 with their "We are for the gamers!" PR angle, Indirectly shitting on almost every other dev for being dishonest. And then were idiotic enough to fall in that same pit.

Can't help but laugh at all of this.

Last edited:

Mozzarella

Those indie games you are calling shitty are usually the ones that are ambitious and fun to play and has heart to them, like Outer Wilds, my god that indie game puts most Sony exclusive games to shame.
If you were a true gaming enthusiast you wouldnt say that.

Horrible take, extremely horrible.

I guarantee you the number of people that played The Witcher 3 on PC was far fewer than on console.
More like almost an even split between PC and all consoles combined.

• PC: ~12 million
  • PS4: ~ 10.8 million
  • Xbox One: ~ 4.3 million
  • Nintendo Switch: ~ 700,000
  • Total: ~28.3 million
Source

Regarding the op, console players don't know their history. Both The Witcher 1 and 2 were well received on PC and sold well. Not to mention The Witcher 1 was made by a relatively small team who had never even shipped a game before.

Komatsu

"Bold"

Legit lol if you don't think those wont be buggy messes at launch and for months after launch like every other Bethesda release. Also, none of the vanilla elder scrolls games are half the game vanilla CP2077 is, so lmao @ OP trying to prop them up as benchmarks. Shit storytelling + shit core gameplay loop. Nether can be said about CP2077.

cope harder

DnBKmSB.gif

simon cowell facepalm GIF

Reading comprehension is not really your thing, huh?

It is precisely because I know these games will be buggy messes at launch that I am (gently) making fun of the OT. I love Cyberpunk myself. I created the launch OT.

Last edited:

Woggleman

Buggy mess is one thing but Cyberpunk was unplayable on base consoles. I am loving my experience on X Box Series X but new gen consoles are still hard to get and most people do not have the resources nor desire to build a super gaming PC so most people had a bad experience with the game. I separate my personal enjoyment of it from that fact.

NewYork214

I'm loving CP2077. I'm about 5 hours in on a launch ps4. Having only 1 crash so fat. Just started few days ago so a lot was patched. But anyway...

Loving the gameplay and story so far. Maybe did like 4 side missions since introduction of silverhands. And can't wait to play more. Honestly think they should have delayed this game until the next Gen versions are done. Because if it wasn't for the shit show launch, everyone would be sucking this games dick like they did for the witcher 3.

I really hope their dlcs are up to par with the witchers. I want as much as I can

TexMex

Neither are very great and the fact that Bethesda is even in the same comparison conversation as CDPR should tell you that you don't have anything to be bragging about.

CitizenZ

Banned
I was under the impression since they stood by terrorist org. and would welcome anything into their game, they should be hailed as God like heroes. I believe everything social media and MSM tells me so I support them 1,000%....until i am told otherwise.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
You know.. a movie starring Russell Crowe, who's character has the ability to control the physical embodiment of mathematics and use it against his enemies, sounds like a good starting point for an action packed and educational movie.
Isn't that what the Gladiator 2 was supposed to be about?

BbMajor7th

I like The Elder Scrolls series and The Witcher series... CDPR shit the bed with Cyberpunk, Bethesda with FO76, both will hopefully have more successful projects in future.

Arachnid

simon cowell facepalm GIF

Reading comprehension is not really your thing, huh?

It is precisely because I know these games will be buggy messes at launch that I am (gently) making fun of the OT. I love Cyberpunk myself. I created the launch OT.
My mistake, in that case. I was a couple of drinks in last night so no, my reading comp wasn't up to snuff.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
More like almost an even split between PC and all consoles combined.

• PC: ~12 million
  • PS4: ~ 10.8 million
  • Xbox One: ~ 4.3 million
  • Nintendo Switch: ~ 700,000
  • Total: ~28.3 million
Source

Regarding the op, console players don't know their history. Both The Witcher 1 and 2 were well received on PC and sold well. Not to mention The Witcher 1 was made by a relatively small team who had never even shipped a game before.
Plus the people on pc that did not buy the game but played, if you know that I mean.

jonnyp

They bring out the biggest and best games, have the best ideas, the best and still unmatched engine for open world games not even a single game has achieved so far. They outperform their competitors in the the long run in every single way.

This would be funny, if it wasn't so patently absurd.

Alebrije

Bethesda is trash garbage ,only Id and Arkane delivered decent jobs recently. CDPR made a HUGE mistake with last gen Cyberpunk , they were dishonest with a lot of consumers and are trying to fix it.

If they do the same with Witcher 4 or next game they deserve to be compared to Bethesda...they have chance to redeem.

I hope Microsoft saves Fallout IP from Bethesda.

Woo-Fu

Banned
GODD HOWARD > the entire team at cdpr
Howard makes Molyneaux look like an honest visionary.

I'll go with the people who set the bar high and sometimes fall short instead of the guy who sets the bar low and trips over it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom