• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In Retrospect, CDPR is a fucking bad company and only because they made one good game (which was also a buggy mess on launch) you shouldn't have......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starfield

...abandoned your god and saviour Todd Howard.

Mock Bethesda Game Studios Games and their engine all you want...but they stay winning. They bring out the biggest and best games, have the best ideas, the best and still unmatched engine for open world games not even a single game has achieved so far. They outperform their competitors in the the long run in every single way.

The Witcher 3 was a buggy and downgraded mess at launch. But hey, it got hyped to infinity for its good story telling and quest design (which was good yes, but TW3 didn't really have that much replayability...maybe 2 or 3 times IF AT ALL).

Then came Cyberpunk, don't have to say more do I?

Now, because of their crappy game they developed an exploit has been found which can make their game vulnerable for hackers who can install malware and viruses on your PC...and know what they did? They blame their own MODDING COMMUNITY for it LMFAO. "please don't install any mods"

Now the modding community is taking a stand and coming out with whats REALLY going on, yet another CDPR lie.
Capture.PNG

Y'all remember this once Starfield and TES Vl comes out.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Cyberpunk has been a fucking disaster for the company in every conceivable way, except sales/profit. Their reputation was clearly hit hard, the Founder/CEO released a statement where he was very clearly lying to gamers, and now these coding vulnerabilities via buffer overflow which are quite serious, and definitely the fault of CDPR (if it's indeed true); it's very much an indication of a rushed game and untested code.

I love the Witcher games, but CDPR needs to take a long, hard pause and start being HONEST with themselves and the public because they keep burying themselves deeper and deeper into a rabbit-hole of lies, excuses, and finger pointing.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Can't wait for Starfield and more importantly TES VI.
Cyberpunk was good the time it lasted, and now I have moved on the game and I don't think a couple DLC will make it. I just think about all the lies now.

junguler

Banned
they released a half-baked feature incomplete game and they are suffering for it, that doesn't make them a bad company, just un-trustworthy.

martino

CDPR has also shown 3 times they fixes as much as possible their initial mess
But yes with ambition in complex dynamic systems comes bugs....it's why some games have or don't have lot of them.

Last edited:

driqe

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

Bold claims, huh. Let's see how that pans out... *checks notes* in 7 years.
To be fair, who is Bethesda really competing with? Bioware? CDPR?

They still have a lot to prove with Starfield so im not gonna say much lol

Witcher, Witcher 2, and Witcher 3 are great games.

Gwent is a good game (albeit at much smaller scale, obviously)

CP77 is a tremendously flawed game with hints of greatness.

BigBooper

You ever play a Bethesda game? You know, the ones that constantly crashed on PS3 if you loaded a save you'd been playing for over 10 hours. The ones where their GFWL implementation caused FO3 to be unplayable for a ton of people in the first year. You are kind of right in that CDPR should give them respect for paving the way in making constant crashing acceptable to more people.

driqe

You ever play a Bethesda game? You know, the ones that constantly crashed on PS3 if you loaded a save you'd been playing for over 10 hours. The ones where their GFWL implementation caused FO3 to be unplayable for a ton of people in the first year. You are kind of right in that CDPR should give them respect for paving the way in making constant crashing acceptable to more people.
Game crash bad game bad rpg

Fbh

Witcher 1 was great when it released (though it does feel dated now), Witcher 2 is still great and Thronebreaker is fantastic.

They also tend to support their games with tons of updates not just fixing bugs but adding and improving stuff for free. Witcher 1 and 2 got enhanced/definitive editions for free on PC.

Also GOG is the only well known digital games storefront pushing for DRM free releases which to me puts it miles ahead of Steam and Epic. If every game was available DRM free on GOG I'd pretty much never touch the other storefronts.

This is not to excuse Cyberpunk, that whole thing was a big disappointment and has really lowered my respect for them. But I've liked CDPR for way more than just TW3

Last edited:

Armorian

Banned
Witcher 2 is great, Witcher 3 is amazing. While every Bethesda game is shit in my opinion of course

I don't have much opinon on CP, so far played it for like ~3h, looks amazing in PC but right now I'm too invested in Valhalla so I can wait for the patches (still, I didn't encounter any serious bugs even on day one version).

They made stupid decision to release this game in unplayable state on X1 and PS4, they should have delayed these versions or just cancel them all together and focus on PS5/XS/PC, their reputation will be fucked for some time (probably till W4 announcement).

Cyberpunk 2077 is a mess technically despite being a good game on paper. However, The Witcher 2, the Gwent standalone game called Thronebreaker, and the Gwent online game (which still exists and still receives constant support today) are pretty good games overall.

Then we have what you've mentioned, The Witcher 3, which till this day is the GOTG.

kyussman

I'm not sure what CDPR has to do with Bethesda tbh.....but for what it's worth I'm nearing the end of Skyrim right now(playing it for the first time)....and The Witcher III is a better game in every way I can think of.

driqe

Cyberpunk 2077 is a mess technically despite being a good game on paper. However, The Witcher 2, the Gwent standalone game called Thronebreaker, and the Gwent online game (which still exists and still receives constant support today) are pretty good games overall.

Then we have what you've mentioned, The Witcher 3, which till this day is the GOTG.

Was made by BGS Austin so it doesn't count 😈
Sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bro. Also nice of you to forget skyrim on ps3 eh. My friend played that shit for 100 hours and by the end it was at constant 15 fps anywhere. But but the pc was the lead platform...oh

BigBooper

I don't say that because I dislike Bethesda's games. I've like all of them except Fallout4 and F76. Haven't played the ones before Morrowind though.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The Witcher 1 and 2 were both great (flawed, sure). CDProjekt Red has been 4/4 for excellent games in my book and each has been more ambitious than the last.

I honestly didn't expect them to nail the feel of movement and combat in Cyberpunk as well as they did considering that had been their weak spot in all of The Witcher games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom