• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In just less than 2 days of preorder, Super Mario 3D All-Star already becomes the 3rd best selling software on amazon.com 2020 total sales chart

Belmonte

The new Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 + 2 Remaster just came out. It includes 2 phenomenal games that have received what seem to be some of the most impressive remakes this generation. The combined price for these two beauties is 40 dollars. This would make both of these games $20 dollars each. Tangentially, this release is not being given an arbitrary de-listing date to push sales using a "fear of missing out" tactic. If you are wondering why people are saying the Mario set is overpriced, it is not because you are in a bizarro world. It's because these lazy "limited" ports shouldn't be any more than 8 to 10 bucks a pop.

But Nintendo, so GREAT VALUE!

I never played Tony Hawk but if these games are as important for its genre as these 3 Marios are for platformers and gaming in general, then I agree, it is a ridiculously good value. But it doesn't change the fact that these Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy are are definitely worth 20 dollars each for someone who likes the genre like me.

If they remade Mario 64 for consoles, I doubt it would cost 20 dollars.

About FOMO, I already said in my post that I don't like limited releases.

I just preordered it (for 45€).
I probably won't touch Super Mario 64 (I already 100%'d it once, and I'm definitely not looking forward to doing it again) but I only barely played Sunshine, and didn't have a Wii so never played Galaxy, so I'll be sure to enjoy these two!

Eevee86

pvlgexLygSTgUMznFJSR7wQshU3bg5uF_miM92gS4Hgp5m-UIUxn5rEolDy_YXpQ_YsAmmyxw7vDpyZdT7rHuNenlLESdn4zXr87Djy6fcshtJh3TFBfUQcK0i86mtQpHgT19mBY5QQUCWSLW0dde8VBbq_CoTwu55lgi9wcRt4q72tnnyrocpfXxx7Ry_mGDY6Hz8tLtBtuYUS9lFgyUjEoPIxRx__NqEd2bQ64AGPJXP7t7TffxeUVV21XCzvTDKTLiywnHwXEqKJDSIfeHqZIcALv6MwF_TaPX0_aLvHdxq4cKQKR82opYg1wLPiSIfQswsjiHOiOa7SjdfW53YlUejzSUdw3u5tn0cZp0MNORt42x4AAxpZITy0w8wVx-Aw2rVr16P0I5iw087C-hwo_50eFiPDdRGpe3sN8-r3vOvXevOc0StdPbxe1vZ4pbH_0UJh0NXqMJ9PmcBn0CsthTfD0RvRxVLlk8qxmYJg3VC7NAxph6fy6VgfS36EFA5u1fUQ6llwfS1nQHEg4q5lKHWrSPsz38pWaBQ6DWfSXRm5P6UnqLBcNrnO62-loy6LhDfk8cideEy3w0aVw_cxGIQsVz0_1t-4SY1WkxtafQ6PbCG4zvsIa-Og7eMqBOkYcr1tSasxtslVvS_Ym95zrh0RjVnX0t_aHtaPZ30LX6IrocilCHTfGm4Bxcw=w557-h489-no

carlosrox

Banned
Worth it for Galaxy HD alone.

The other two are very welcome bonuses.

I haven't played Sunshine in forever, can't wait to see it in HD and give it another go.

I've played Mario 64 every now and then over the years so it's still fresh to me but I ain't ever seen it in 720p before so I look forward to it.

Galaxy though, one of my favorite games of all time. Been a while since I touched it at all.

Can't wait to play this collection.

I am fucking jealous of anyone who hasn't played Galaxy yet and gets to play it in HD for the first time.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Worth it for Galaxy HD alone.

The other two are very welcome bonuses.

I haven't played Sunshine in forever, can't wait to see it in HD and give it another go.

I've played Mario 64 every now and then over the years so it's still fresh to me but I ain't ever seen it in 720p before so I look forward to it.

Galaxy though, one of my favorite games of all time. Been a while since I touched it at all.

Can't wait to play this collection.

I am fucking jealous of anyone who hasn't played Galaxy yet and gets to play it in HD for the first time.

I’ve played none of them so I can’t wait!

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Just to back that up with some stats (caveat: this is just GAF, so it's not representative of the whole market), this poll found that the percentage of people gaming ONLY on Switch was less than 2%.

On the other hand, Switch was a very popular choice among people who owned more than one console. For example, PS4 + Switch was a more popular combination than PS4 + Xbox, PC + PS4, Xbox + Switch, or PC + Switch.

Thats my combo. PS4+switch

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
I'm an odd ball but not a big fan of 3D mario games. Much rather play 2D ones. It also stinks they are not really remasters either.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
They'll probably all boast being sold out. But partly due to limited initial stock. Lots of poor people before too, but the wealthy still bought iphones and shit in record numbers and they will still be high numbers when the poorer folks that shouldn't be buying iphones in the first place finally stop.

So I think the initial sales will seem strong as ever, as well off enthusiasts still invest in frivolous stuff and don't worry so much financially just yet, but maybe slow way way down and for a longer period after that as the folks already heavily affected have much more serious matters to tend to.
I put money on the only console selling out this Xmas is Switch.
Sooooo what happened? I asked in another thread what the stock situation is like but nobody responded and I can't seem to find much concrete information before bumping this. Apparently some Sony CEO said near the end of November that PS5 is "absolutely" sold out until 2021? Still, I dunno what's up for real, with Xbox, etc.

Last edited:

The Skull

Aren't these the very definition of remasters?
Don't confuse remakes with remasters.

I think they're just emulated with a slight boost in resolution. Definitely a barebones remaster. Shame as 64 and Sunshine definitely could use some more love.

Top Bottom