• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Imran Khan(Kinda Funny): Silent Hill rumors are credible

These non rumours about Silent Hill are going to end up killing me. I mean while we're here throwing out crazy non rumours we know that Kojima Productions are recruiting for their next big project... And there was that tweet from Kojima talking about getting inspiration for a horror game so maybe it's all true!

AmuroChan

So...Silent Hill rumors are either credible or they could also be fake.

Whew...thanks for confirming. What will we do without these insiders?

I’m honestly getting tired of these Silent Hill rumors we’ve been hearing since P.T. I just wish they will unveil it already or give us some concrete information.

reforen

So is the reveal happen during the next PS5 event? I remember that every month the rumor of the next SH was a thing

KRYPT83

Silent Hill is trash god let this shitty I.P. die, not even better then Alone in the dark. Pyramid head only good thing franchise has added to the culture no memorable characters

Mega_Deth

Not really. They showed you a slate of games that are releasing in the first 12 months of the consoles release. Anything else is icing on the cake honestly. Microsoft showed you a bunch of cgi trailers for games that literally are still years away.

Microsoft buying zenimax was going to happen or someone else was going to buy them. They were shopping around for the last year or so. ANd this was basically a done deal from what I know a while ago like pre-covid talks/contracts were all but finished. Final price was being negotiated this year, and I think the surprise for me was the asking price for zeni, the fact they bought them for 7.5billion was a shocker in terms of in my opinion what their properties are worth.

They wanted to use this as big mic drop moment. But honestly it was a big moment, but not the impact I think they wanted it to have. I think they wanted to announce this on the cusp of Halo infinite launching along side the games coming to gamepass from bethesda buyout.

Sony has shown people what they are getting for the next year in terms of software. ANything else they do at this point is a big bonus.

You are not wrong here, I totally agree with you. I think Sony will be fine even without the Zenimax properties as they had been cultivating/buying studios since the PS3 days. If anything I think MS would have been screwed if they didn't make the purchase as it would have been the usual Gears/Halo/Forza cycle all over again.

Papacheeks

Banned
You are not wrong here, I totally agree with you. I think Sony will be fine even without the Zenimax properties as they had been cultivating/buying studios since the PS3 days. If anything I think MS would have been screwed if they didn't make the purchase as it would have been the usual Gears/Halo/Forza cycle all over again.

Agreed.

I mean right now their new studios have yet to bare fruit. And honestly with the hiring they are doing seems like they are still a ways off from showing it. Hope next year we get some news on The Initiative, but im not holding my breath. Same goes for fable.

Mega_Deth

Agreed.

I mean right now their new studios have yet to bare fruit. And honestly with the hiring they are doing seems like they are still a ways off from showing it. Hope next year we get some news on The Initiative, but im not holding my breath. Same goes for fable.

I personally don't think Fable can ever be revived really.

I do think that this move will light a fire under Sony to up their game even more, which is only beneficial to gamers. Competition is great

Papacheeks

Banned

I do think that this move will light a fire under Sony to up their game even more, which is only beneficial to gamers. Competition is great

Expect to see more deals and possible acquisitions from Sony. Would not surprise me if we see some more bought exclusives being announced by years end.

EDMIX

If ever there was a IP that was a failure to launch. It seemed like Fable's concept had the recipe for some massive AAA gains and just feel so short. I blame Peter Molyneux for exaggerating soooooo much, he made it to the point where NOTHING they could really do could ever live up to what he kept making it sound like. I get it from a marketing perspective like you want to get the most hype, but he put them in a situation where the were just doomed to fail. I think its for the best that its just with a new team.

Tschumi

Look. He was a fucking good cricketer and is, i believe, currently the leader of Pakistan so I'll take his gold plated, gloriously haired word for it

Top Bottom