• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm selling my home

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Porcile Porcile I recommend you earn some money and build credit and the bank will loan you a house for 15, 20, or 30 years at a reasonable interest rate. Then you trade them some of your monthly earnings for the ability to eventually own a home. I will even help you know what to do? If you ask.

Last edited:

Burnttips

I sold mine. It was on the market for 2 days. Had 6 bids within 24 hours and closed well over asking. I don't know how the OP is keeping an offer past 24 hours because I thought you only have 24 hours to respond or the offer is withdrawn.

Porcile

Porcile Porcile I recommend you earn some money and build credit and the bank will loan you a house for 15, 20, or 30 years at a reasonable interest rate. Then you trade them some of your monthly earnings for the ability to eventually own a home. I will even help you know what to do? If you ask.

Fuck no I am buying more Pokemon cards.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Went through 2 hours of footage today. Nothing much new. Great yard, do they have a gas line, a lot of general stuff about how much is the HOA.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Weekend of showing done, had about 20 people come through the house and look at it 2 offers.

First Offer, $385,000 - $10,000 in Earnest and No must appraise clause but they do want an inspection.
Second offer $385,100 after escalation clause, $1,000 in Earnest and a must appraise clause with an inspection.

We made a choice, but I will let you talk about wat offer you would take.

Sybrix

Fuck, thats a nice house.

I live in the UK, a house like that here would be easily $600k - $1mil depending on location.

What town/city are you in?

Last edited:

G-Bus

Banned
400K for that!

Live in a 900 sq/f townhome, rancher. 2 bedroom 1 bath. Paid 405k 3 years ago. Think these are going for close to 600K right now.

Fuck I hate vancouver

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I'd take the first offer if they're going to waive the appraisal.
That is what we decided. We thought if you are putting down 10k in earnest and waiving appraisal then you are not going to walk away. Hopefully the deal goes through no issues.

Now I need a Rural internet service....anyone have any connections at ATT and can get them to run Fiber.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
DPS9Li0.jpg
vpq6woW.jpg
2YkPXwv.jpg
OlpPMaI.jpg
teHkPY6.jpg
HzXFIye.jpg
That goes for like 900k-1.5M in California depending on the location. You probably have slightly nicer vistas in the locations in which such a house would have that valuation (hills, etc), but still, I am jelly at those prices.

Last edited:
with the housing market right now, I think you won't have any problem selling it for a good price as long as everything's in order with the house.

on a side note, do GAF members get a discount? I can offer $75 and a box of hentai manga :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I can offer 100 bucks, and an issue of penthouse letters which has Hulk Hogan as Thunderlips motorboating a girl. Running wild up here brother!

iJudged

Banned
gluck OP, you will be alright selling.... Buying now sucks, specially if you're in NYC area.

We started looking last April, goal was to GTFO of Queens ASAP, stop overpaying for the shitty apartment and buy a home, so we turned to Long Island, couldn't do NJ or upstate cause of our work locations, and with 2 little ones here we had to move quick....Finally, after we lost 8 homes we liked to a "bidding" war, we saw a home in a part of Long Island that's just beautiful, neighborhood, schools, the home, yes little pricey and taxes are little higher but it is incredible. We got in before the open house, before the listing, gave an offer, they said yes.

Tomorrow their agent call us telling us to get moving on everything cause someone came in with cash, we moved and are now in our dream home. Minutes from parks and town beaches, near water yet far enough not to have to pay for flood insurance, huge backyard, central air/heating, plumbing, cesspool, roof and everything is 3 years old at most. Couldn't be happier.

Lunarorbit

I did an image search for one of the pics you put on here and it was funny how many other houses that look exactly like yours popped up.

I'm not trying to be mean but contractors love building generic houses with the same materials and designs. I know why they do but it's depressing seeing all the new houses in my area that look like cut and paste models of each other

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I bought my current house for 429k$ last Fall in a small town. I got many unsolicited offers and one was 649k$. Crazy. No way I'm moving though.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I did an image search for one of the pics you put on here and it was funny how many other houses that look exactly like yours popped up.

I'm not trying to be mean but contractors love building generic houses with the same materials and designs. I know why they do but it's depressing seeing all the new houses in my area that look like cut and paste models of each other
Why you trying to front my dude. I said I wanted to maintain some anonymity and you are trying to figure it out. :messenger_beaming: Houses look similar especially in neighborhoods. I don't know any places around where I am going that look like what I purchased, not that it matters. I think we will be very happy there. I just need to solve the internet issues. In the neighborhood there are at least 2 houses with the same floor plan as mine. I guess unless you are Frank Lloyd Wright you don't have many original home designs.

Ionian

Just wanted to show you where I am going as well.

WfKsfJo.jpg
aIbCaxf.jpg
OQu7DY5.jpg

That's stunning, I cannot imagine the upkeep for somewhere like that if you're working.

Are you getting someone in to look after the garden, etc?

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
That's stunning, I cannot imagine the upkeep for somewhere like that if you're working.

Are you getting someone in to look after the garden, etc?
I have a wife to clean the bathrooms..... :messenger_winking: AS far as exterior upkeep I think an hour or two a week in the summer will be fine. Mowing I have a 36"zero turn that runs quick, and 2 children to do their part with the maintenance.

We want to put a pool in the back yard but that probably means moving septic and field lines, so that is a good amount of money.

Ionian

I have a wife to clean the bathrooms..... :messenger_winking: AS far as exterior upkeep I think an hour or two a week in the summer will be fine. Mowing I have a 36"zero turn that runs quick, and 2 children to do their part with the maintenance.

We want to put a pool in the back yard but that probably means moving septic and field lines, so that is a good amount of money.

Jesus that's some work.

Looks like you're setting up the new Playboy mansion.

(Please tell me you're getting in girls in bikinis for the pool).

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Just an Update. Closing on my home tomorrow. Closing on the new home Thursday.

One thing that happened last night was that my son woke up crying and calling out "I don't want to move". He is 7 so I can understand that he is nervous about it. I moved plenty as a kid and to new states and cities all over the place. My wife spent her whole life in one house until she got her first job. I just reassured him that he will be OK and get to make new friends and do new things in the new place. took him a few but he went back to sleep.

Top Bottom