• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm playing resident evil village ( no spoliers )

Kamina

Golden Boy
Wait, doesn't the disc installation show up in the downloads/uploads section of the PS5? Maybe that's confusing him and making him think it's downloading the game from the internet when it's really just copying from the disc still because there's the whole thing where it installs the initial beginning of the game and it's "ready to play" but then installs the rest while you're playing?
faisalasif faisalasif , are you confused?

Yeah, Pretty much.
tenor.gif

Whatever I was downloading from psn was around 27gb big.
Anyone else think the game is incredibly dark? Had to up the brightness via TV menu.

Na, It actually installs the half-game around 10GB and after that, you need to download the rest of the game. I'm someone with shitty internet, it took around 35 mins to download the rest of the game. I tried to pause and resume a couple of times but it was downloading from the internet.
So if you had no internet access, it would be impossible to play the game? That's very unlikely. Are you sure you aren't referring to a patch?

Last edited:

faisalasif

So if you had no internet access, it would be impossible to play the game? That's very unlikely. Are you sure you aren't referring to a patch?

I'm at version 1.00 so there is not patch so far. You can start the game but It only installs half of the game not full.

kunonabi

So are the lycans at all interesting to deal with in the actual game? They werent in the demo or the footage I've seen so far.

J3nga

I'm going Hardcore my first playthrough.
I've upgraded my steam version to deluxe so that the highest difficulty(one above hardcore is available from the start. BTW, how saving system works in the game, like RE7, save using tapes on higher difficulties/no tapes on lower?

Last edited:

GymWolf

Isn't shitty combat and control a staple of the early resident evil games?
Kinda but the more action-y chapters like 4 and 5 at least have good shooting feeling even if movements are still clunky.

Re8 is action, and even worse first person where you notice every flaw in weak hit reaction, lack kf gore and general gunplay.

If you make a re action and first person, having satysfing looking combat is a must.

Re2 remake is far less actiony and has far better looking gunplay and gore.

Also we are in 2021, not 1998 anymore.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
How is the soundtrack? More memorable than RE7's? Anything that stands out like boss fight music?
I ordered the OST from Japan, so I hope it’s good. It cost me $30 from Play-Asia. I wonder about the main theme of the game because I’ve tried to ignore most impressions until I get to play it.

I wonder when the guide or artbook will get announced/released. If they decide to make one?

I wondered about puzzles. What took OP the longest? Enemies, bosses or puzzles? What made you take the longest? Don’t have to go into detail either.

Last edited:

Madflavor

I've upgraded my steam version to deluxe so that the highest difficulty(one above hardcore is available from the start. BTW, how saving system works in the game, like RE7, save using tapes on higher difficulties/no tapes on lower?
I haven’t played RE8 yet. I’m just planning on Hardcore for my play through. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm at version 1.00 so there is not patch so far. You can start the game but It only installs half of the game not full.
Yeah that's how installs work these days. It installs just enough to start playing the game and then the rest is installed in the background, that doesn't mean it had to download from the internet.

The full game is 27GB? That’s insane!
How is that insane? They don't have to duplicate assets anymore to make up for the slow disk drive speeds of last gen. Plus compression technology makes the files even smaller. The PS5 is insanely efficient.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Isn't shitty combat and control a staple of the early resident evil games?
Only if you suck or try to brute force the game in a way it's not meant to be played. Honestly.

First playthrough generally feels weird but if you can master any of the OG titles, RE1/2/3/CV, that competence will translate over to any of the classics that you haven't played. The controls are honestly amazingly good for the type of game that classic RE strives to be. OG 96 controls better than REmake (tank control-wise). They're tighter and more responsive in 96 RE. They're floaty/sluggish in REmake.

I'm not saying that everyone needs to enjoy the classic games and master them, but it's totally not true when people rail on the early titles and act like they're unplayable in 2021. I personally think they're flawless in terms of gameplay.

Quezacolt

I can see why that would be confusing since the installation continues in the "Downloads/Uploads" section of the PS5
Exactly, but i was doubting that the disk wouldnt inlucde the entire game because so far, all capcom games on ps4 and dmc5 on ps5, have included the entire game on the disk, and also, the OP mentions his net is pretty bad, but still downloaded more than half the game in more or less 30min, wich doesnt make sense.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
7 hours on first run?
That don't sound too good

Quezacolt

One thing to notice. The game starts right away after you install it, and has no issues, but after getting out of the game and activating the collector's edition dlc, it wont let me start playing unless it updates first. It's a 400mb update.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
7 hours on first run?
That don't sound too good

Also was playing on casual which makes enemy encounters usually a cake walk or practically non existent allowing someone to push through with basically no resistance. My guess is that a normal playthrough will be closer to 10-12 hrs which (for me anyways) is perfect.

Last edited:
Reactions: TGO

WellSheet

The playtimes seem to vary wildly.

I have heard 7-8 hours all the way to 15-16.

sounds like there’s a lot of optional exploration and such...being a completionist on hardcore could lead to 15 hour first run i could imagine

Last edited:

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
Those who played (and already finished?) the game, how are the weapon upgrades?
- can you remove upgrades if you are not happy with them?
- how many can you buy in one run? All of them or do you have to choose carefully?
- is it better to hoard upgrade materials or to spend them?
- do some upgrades feel useless fast, because you find for example a more powerful but sameish gun? I hate that.

Last edited:
"The disc version does not come with a full game"

HARD PASS.
Shame, i have all re games in disc, and now they did that...

On the other side, I didn't like the demo, so...i Will buy digital on a sale, just for the story.

Dunkelgrau

Hardcore is seriously bullshit and I'm loving it.
I needed round about twenty attempts to beat the first(!) enemy, but I will give this difficulty setting another try tomorrow, before I switch to normal.

So I have this Pulse 3D headphones, “virtual surround” in the game settings should be disabled, right?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The long-anticipated Resident Evil Village is finally here, so check out the thrilling opening moments of the game running on PlayStation 5 - captured in 4K 60fps.

Resident Evil Village is the latest entry in the long-running franchise from Capcom. It once again sees the player take on the role of Ethan Winters who is back with Mia and with his newborn baby Rose. Both Ethan and Mia both have PTSD from the events of Resident Evil 7, and while things might seem happy at first, thing quickly go south as they are once again visited by Chris Redfield.

Let's check out the full Resident Evil Village game!

Last edited:
"The disc version does not come with a full game"

HARD PASS.
Shame, i have all re games in disc, and now they did that...

On the other side, I didn't like the demo, so...i Will buy digital on a sale, just for the story.
This isn't true. Someone in the thread already debunked this. The original poster was confused by how the PS5 installs games.

Top Bottom