• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm playing resident evil village ( no spoliers )

Impotaku

Half the game on disk has totally killed my interest in getting it at launch i'll wait a year or so and pick it up at bargain bin price. Already have more than enough games between switch & ps4 that are coming out to keep me more than busy, i can wait for this one hell i didn't even get resi 7 till years later.

6udyWA6.jpg
Got my copy early. Let's gooooo

is it true that there's a mandatory download, or can you play without downloading anything?
There is a patch which itself was bigger than what was copied from the disc. I did not start until it was fully installed. Can't really say much. There is a recap ( optional). Graphics looks really clean. 10 minutes in. I'll keep u guys updated.

Astral Dog

Im enjoying it so far. Graphics are nothing to write home about tho.
well, that was inevitable, a cross gen game in 2021 will not have the same impact RE7 had in 2017(even then that was still late in the generation!) and VILLAGE is 100% cross gen no matter what Capcom says to hype up the next gen versions. Game logic simply wouldn't run on jaguar cpus if it was optimised for PS5/Series

However i still expect overall high quality and loved the visuals in the castle demo 🏰 i don't care as long as they keep making cool horror games 🧟‍♂️

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
Does it make all sorts of stupid puns about the whole "VIIage" name? I'd like them to run that shit into the ground, to the point where some dumbass pun underpins the entire story.

Last edited:

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Why is the internet so expensive for so many of you in developed world? I see so many at shitty speeds and expensive plans.
I am paying ~13-15USD for 200MBPS unlimited here in India. How come you guys have it worse?!

Hydelol

Banned
Why is the internet so expensive for so many of you in developed world? I see so many at shitty speeds and expensive plans.
I am paying ~13-15USD for 200MBPS unlimited here in India. How come you guys have it worse?!
Because most first world countries forgot to jump on the train. Like our Fuehrer Merkel said a few years ago: "The internet is still uncharted territory for us (Germans)."

Mato

To those who have played the game, does it take place entirely during the daytime? I would hope yes but I doubt it. No spoilers please, a simple yes or no will suffice.

jaysius

Banned
How much of the exploration is padded out by being chased by shitty baddies that you can only temporarily stun and you have to waste a ton of ammo doing so? How many different baddies do this? Does the fly bitch bother you much in the full version like the demo? Also is that tall lady as annoying as Mr.X in RE2?

WellSheet

How “open word” is it? I obviously don’t expect an actual open-world map design, but I’m curious how much actual hidden areas, optional exploration etc is there - the developers made it sound like they added a lot of optional areas to explore, optional weapons and even boss and enemy encounters...was this typical hyperbole or is this actually true?

How “open word” is it? I obviously don’t expect an actual open-world map design, but I’m curious how much actual hidden areas, optional exploration etc is there - the developers made it sound like they added a lot of optional areas to explore, optional weapons and even boss and enemy encounters...was this typical hyperbole or is this actually true?
Can't really say. Had to stop playing.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
7 hours is a big deal if you play RE4 it’s 20 hours think about that for a second.

Whizzed through the story and on casual.

Please don't take this to heart people who see this screenshot. For normal players it will take longer than that.

I am more than likely going to whizz through on casual. Story play through then going to do a 100% playthrough on my 2nd and 3rd attempt.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Just depends on where you live really. Rural/Isolated areas generally have Cable but no Fiber infrastructure in place.

I have aDSL, lol, internet through a literal phone line, download speeds are fine but uploading speeds, truly awful. We have cable where I'm at, and limited Fiber, but I have aDSL because of my wife's phone plan bundle.

Wait what?
That shouldn't even be legal. How can they force you to download the rest of the game that you BOUGHT on PHYSICAL MEDIA.

You don't buy a blu-ray movie and then get half way through and it's like... "Sorry, you need internet access to watch the rest of this film"

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Just depends on where you live really. Rural/Isolated areas generally have Cable but no Fiber infrastructure in place.

I have aDSL, lol, internet through a literal phone line, download speeds are fine but uploading speeds, truly awful. We have cable where I'm at, and limited Fiber, but I have aDSL because of my wife's phone plan bundle.

SpaceX and satellite internet will be the answer for those guys suffering from lack of infrastructure. It can actually buying houses in rural places even more tempting.

fart town usa

Gold Member
SpaceX and satellite internet will be the answer for those guys suffering from lack of infrastructure. It can actually buying houses in rural places even more tempting.
Totally, not to get too off topic but I've lived in the suburbs, in more urban areas, also lived overseas in 2 different countries. I can say with 100% certainty that I love living in my small city in the middle of nowhere, lol. If it means slower internet, 100% OK with that, ha.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Totally, not to get too off topic but I've lived in the suburbs, in more urban areas, also lived overseas in 2 different countries. I can say with 100% certainty that I love living in my small city in the middle of nowhere, lol. If it means slower internet, 100% OK with that, ha.

Yeah, man. Smaller cities might lack all the bells and whistles of large ones, but they definitely are more peaceful and less stressful with all the traffic craze and fights over parking spots.

Wait, doesn't the disc installation show up in the downloads/uploads section of the PS5? Maybe that's confusing him and making him think it's downloading the game from the internet when it's really just copying from the disc still because there's the whole thing where it installs the initial beginning of the game and it's "ready to play" but then installs the rest while you're playing?

Top Bottom