• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm playing resident evil village ( no spoliers )

faisalasif

Right now, I'm playing Resident evil village On PS5. Just got an early copy. The disc version does not come with a full game, You need to download half of the game. I won't be posting any spoilers. The game is running great so far only played like 2 hours There are many frame drops at version 1.00 with RT Just like the demo. I'm having some feeling of resident evil 4.

Total Size: 27Gb (No day one patch)

Inside you will get a code for Resident evil Re Verse.

181857784-1137208400139296-72819180023814596-n.png

Let me know anything you want to know about the game ( no spoilers )

Took around 7 hours to complete the game:
Whats-App-Image-2021-05-05-at-10-46-46-PM.jpg

Resident Evil Village (PS5) 4K 60FPS HDR + Ray tracing Gameplay - (First Hour) (Spoliers at head) watch at your own risk

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Interesting that PS5 and XSX versions sizes are pretty much identical and pretty low number...hopefully it's not going to be to detriment of the game (length, textures)...

TheGejsza

I hoped for my copy arriving tomorrow but the package is not even registered yet... looks like I'll be playing after weekend... I really hate those random delivery date when buying physical pre-orders.

DonJorginho

Banned
What happens at the end
Chris decides to retire, in order to be able to properly raise Rose as his surrogate daughter. There is a huge time skip, between 15 to 20 years. It's the late 2030s. Rose is an adult, Chris is an old man, She's visiting Ethan's grave when an agent parks nearby and she goes to him as they have a job for her. The agent jokingly calls her Eveline which makes her very angry. She then use some Wesker-style martial art against the agent before threatening him to not call her like that or she'll use a "technique/power" that even Chris doesn't even know about.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
If Jimbo and Cerny would hurry up and fix the stoarge issue on PS5 and i could get 4-8TB SSD compatible with the console for under 250$ i "might" go full digital.

I think they'll end up making the NVMe m.2 slot more like backup extension that you shift your games in and out fast. No way it can perform like the internal one, it's near impossible on 1st party games, but 100% doable on multiplats.

If you have a good internet you can download again the game within like 15-25min, at least that's for 200Mbps and some around here rocking 1Gbps which will be more common few years from now.

DonJorginho

Banned
I think they'll end up making the NVMe m.2 slot more like backup extension that you shift your games in and out fast. No way it can perform like the internal one, it's near impossible on 1st party games, but 100% doable on multiplats.

If you have a good internet you can download again the game within like 15-25min, at least that's for 200Mbps and some around here rocking 1Gbps which will be more common few years from now.
Me on my 70mbps
Office Sloth GIF by Disney Zootopia

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Me on my 70mbps
Office Sloth GIF by Disney Zootopia

Hey, I just upgraded to this few months ago, been on ADSL 16Mbps for years waiting for the internet providers to reach our exiled neighborhood, lol. Also it's pretty expensive here, paying 40 OMR ($104) monthly + free streaming service, and we don't have caps here for ADSL/Fiber.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Hey, I just upgraded to this few months ago, been on ADSL 16Mbps for years waiting for the internet to provide it to our exiled neighborhood, lol. Also it's pretty expensive here, paying 40 OMR ($104) monthly + free streaming service, and we don't have caps here for ADSL/Fiber.
Man over here in my part of the South East of Ol' Blighty 70mbps is really good, usually most fibre households are on 25mbps, but I still get jealous seeing all you mofos on 2010410310310mbps, hopefully we get some proper superfast fibre here soon.

Mithos

Hey, I just upgraded to this few months ago, been on ADSL 16Mbps for years waiting for the internet providers to reach our exiled neighborhood, lol. Also it's pretty expensive here, paying 40 OMR ($104) monthly + free streaming service, and we don't have caps here for ADSL/Fiber.
Upgraded from ADSL fall of 2020 to 4G Home Broadband, went from 8/1Mbit to 30-50/15-25Mbit and LOWERED my monthly cost from €51/month to €39/month (for 2 years) then €49/month.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Man over here in my part of the South East of Ol' Blighty 70mbps is really good, usually most fibre households are on 25mbps, but I still get jealous seeing all you mofos on 2010410310310mbps, hopefully we get some proper superfast fibre here soon.

It's tied to the cables. Being LTTP usually means you get the latest and the greatest cable, but I still think that even yours can easily provide 1Gbps like nothing. From an engineer who works in Oman Broadband (neutral fiber providers then you choose from 3 companies, and the cable can offer up to 5 companies you can shift between if you don't like one) he told me that one of the royal family just got a fucking 3Tbps (yes, 3,000Gbps) speed! So he was honest and told me that even a 1Gbps offered as an entry contract is a ripoff. :messenger_fearful:

Upgraded from ADSL fall of 2020 to 4G Home Broadband, went from 8/1Mbit to 30-50/15-25Mbit and LOWERED my monthly cost from €51/month to €39/month (for 2 years) then €49/month.

Hmmm, I thought our internet is one of the most expensive in the world, seems like it's ok. 1Gbps is 100 OMR ($260) per month.:lollipop_anguish:

50Mbps is pretty solid, but went for 200Mbps for an upload of 50Mbps that gives me a good speed for 4K videos that can be 5-15+ GB each. Lower than that 20-10Mbps upload which is ok-ish anyway. 5GB with a fucking 1Mbps upload (16Mbps download) used to take up to 5-freakin-hours to be uploaded to youtube!

Last edited:

OrionNebula

It's gonna be hilarious if the big vampire lady is gonna be the first boss to kill and the remaining 3\4 of the game are gonna be without her with all the fuss she generated...
She mentioned her daughters tried and failed to defeat Ethan. So she won’t likely be the first boss, if this RE game also follows a straight forward narrative

Luipadre

The frame drops with RT is like the demo? Demo had no big drops just a few fps and it was fine. If the full game is like that im keeping RT on.

It's tied to the cables. Being LTTP usually means you get the latest and the greatest cable, but I still think that even yours can easily provide 1Gbps like nothing. From an engineer who works in Oman Broadband (neutral fiber providers then you choose from 3 companies, and the cable can offer up to 5 companies you can shift between if you don't like one) he told me that one of the royal family just got a fucking 3Tbps (yes, 3,000Gbps) speed! So he was honest and told me that even a 1Gbps offered as an entry contract is a ripoff. :messenger_fearful:

Hmmm, I thought our internet is one of the most expensive in the world, seems like it's ok. 1Gbps is 100 OMR ($260) per month.:lollipop_anguish:

50Mbps is pretty solid, but went for 200Mbps for an upload of 50Mbps that gives me a good speed for 4K videos that can be 5-15+ GB each. Lower than that 20-10Mbps upload which is ok-ish anyway. 5GB with a fucking 1Mbps upload (16Mbps download) used to take up to 5-freakin-hours to be uploaded to youtube!
That sucks ass far as pricing and what not. But on the other hand, here in the states, many providers have caps. Most common one is 1.2tb per month. Which is stupid if you can D/L 250mbits/30MBps. It's so easy to hit that cap, unless you pay extra for unlimited.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
That sucks ass far as pricing and what not. But on the other hand, here in the states, many providers have caps. Most common one is 1.2tb per month. Which is stupid if you can D/L 250mbits/30MBps. It's so easy to hit that cap, unless you pay extra for unlimited.

With the unlimited choice, I think it gets close to our expensive prices? Yeah sometimes I'll be at least having 2x 4K youtube/Netflix at the same time, and 1080p on an ipad, etc. With endless hours of Netflix (cartoons) along with games it can hit that cap in less than a month.

Last edited:

TheKratos

Meh all I need to is there a FOV slider? Probably not because idiots working at capcom thinking being one eyes creates suspense and horror.

Top Bottom