• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm never able to get into games made by Insomniac

I kinda understand this and was thinking it recently having picked up a PS5. They universally look incredible and control well (although snappy and light) but I always think they feel sort of... Arcadey?

I’m not sure if that makes sense. I enjoy them but never love them.
Gameplay is not good at all. Spiderman is really fucking boring. Don't you remember the quick event fiasco when they revealed the game and how it was just a copy.of batman?

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I can get into them I just don't think they are all that good they are like the perfect weekend rental games nothing I'd buy a system for

mcjmetroid

Gameplay is not good at all. Spiderman is really fucking boring. Don't you remember the quick event fiasco when they revealed the game and how it was just a copy.of batman?
The thing is it is a copy of Batman in a lot of ways.

Just that Spiderman isn't as compelling of a character as Batman I'm afraid.

To be fair to Spiderman though the controls are excellent, the world is jaw dropping and that 60FPS game looks out of this world.

They just forgot to make a game with decent pacing and good mission design.

It's a very fun sandbox game and then you play the missions. A lot of open world games are like this to me.

I mean there's a part of Spiderman where you fight 6 or more bosses from the series in the space of an hour. And you fight 2 of them at the same time. If that's not bad pacing I don't know what is.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
There is hope OP.

Apparently, the Spider Man team is making Spider Man II. The Miles Morales team is making Wolverine. That means the Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart team is working on something else.

I doubt they go back to the Ratchet franchise right away.

ethomaz

Banned
Resistance didn't jive with me at first, but with the unique weapon selection and awesome enemy designs, I fell in love.

I was expecting something Resistance related in today's showcase. Or InFamous. But nope, we got a lot of capeshit stuff.
I was let down by Resistance 2 :(
I still remember the first game moments to heart ❤️.

The only inFamous I really liked was the first… the character change was bad and Second Son was very inferior.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Oh wow was disrupter them? I did own that now that's a blast from the past.
I can be wrong but I believe it was their first game.
They did a streaming playing old games 3 years ago… they said it was their very first game.

Edit - Added the video.
There were some pretty cool weapons with different mechanics.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

I get Ratchet just came out, but i dont like how theyre basically a superhero game farm for the next several years.
I mean as much as I don't like Spiderman it's STILL the best Superhero game release in years.

You could go very wrong like getting Crystal Dynamics to do it after they shat up Avengers.

Comic book characters are in, people never seem to get bloody tired of them ( I'm way past the point of being tired of them)
but there's no denying there's no better choice for them at the moment.

Trilobit

I've played some of Insomniacs games and they are fun, but not very challenging. It's like listening to a music album that's very good, but lacks meat to the bone. There's not enough substance to keep one interested for a longer time.

You've come to the realisation that their games are boring. Don't worry. It just means you've played good games before in your lifetime so you aren't fooled by pretty graphics alone.

Top Bottom