• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[IGNxGamer] Gotham Knights Performance Review PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S vs PC

ACESHIGH

Banned
Quick reminder that for much less Arkham knight (a way better looking game that still ran 1080p 30 console settings on a GTX 760) was removed from Steam for months.

Last edited:
Even if you don’t have a Series S anyone in the near vicinity?

yMk9DS5.png

Banned
Quick reminder that for much less Arkham knight (a way better looking game that still ran 1080p 30 console settings on a GTX 760) was removed from Steam for months.

I still have it on the Epic Store, where they gave away Lego Batman 1-3 and the Arkham trilogy a while ago, all on the same day as well.
I love the epic store... I'd never buy anything there but the free shit is great at times xD

This thread has it all.

Complaints regarding Series S performance, PC fanboys arguing about % difference of RTX4090, the absolute state of 30fps, Steam comparisons to Epic game store, how bad this game looks compared to previous Arkham games, SSD IO connoisseurs

Entertaining as fuck!

What a day. What... a... day...

coffinbirth

Switch is getting down ports of some games when it's possible. While series s version has to be always made and it's the lowest common denominator. This console will hold entire 9 gen aside PS5 and pc exclusives, no matter what you think about it this is reality.
The "lowest common denominator" are the millions of i3 6300 and GTX 770 equivalent gaming rigs out there. These games aren't console exclusive. And this game, specifically, is i5 9600k and a GTX 1660TI. This game was just poorly developed, and even more poorly optimized.

Bojji

The "lowest common denominator" are the millions of i3 6300 and GTX 770 equivalent gaming rigs out there. These games aren't console exclusive. And this game, specifically, is i5 9600k and a GTX 1660TI. This game was just poorly developed, and even more poorly optimized.

Developers don't give a fuck about low end PC gaming rigs. Required CPU and GPU are the one that have all the features of lowest performing console and 1660ti is stronger than series s.

DragonNCM

Developers don't give a fuck about low end PC gaming rigs. Required CPU and GPU are the one that have all the features of lowest performing console and 1660ti is stronger than series s.
No it is not......I have PC with 1660TI & AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, XSS is better on my monitor then PC on 1080P games.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Not even close, revisionist history, the game was a near unplayable stutterfest on pc with a massive amount of negative reviews; valve had to remove it because it was fundamentally broken.
Even now it's not completely fixed, but hardware is so much more powerful, brute force handles the bad optimisation.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
What’s interesting is this is the developer behind Arkham Origins. The Batman game so many people claim is the best Batman game.

Looks like they need to piggyback off Rocksteady’s Gotham City like they did with Origins, because they did a shitty job on their own.

Optimization…I expect the apology soon.

Last edited:

fatmarco

Not even close, revisionist history, the game was a near unplayable stutterfest on pc with a massive amount of negative reviews; valve had to remove it because it was fundamentally broken.
Even now it's not completely fixed, but hardware is so much more powerful, brute force handles the bad optimisation.
This in itself is revisionist revisionist history lol. I played Arkham Knight at launch on my laptop with a 970m and an SSD. The issues that plagued the PC version were mainly due to PC's using HDD's, which were still very common at the time (Now should it have run that badly on HDDs? Of course not).

Beyond that you did have missing graphical features like rain droplets on the batsuit etc. at launch, and optimization still wasn't great, but I got 1080p 30fps at the time on that rig and it was solid and nowhere near unplayable, and this was with things like the Physx features turned on.

Last edited:

Bojji

No it is not......I have PC with 1660TI & AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, XSS is better on my monitor then PC on 1080P games.

From pure hardware point of view 1660ti is:

SpgJKbu.jpg

And Turing tf are super comparable to rdna2. Efficiency of consoles allows xss to perform better than comparable GPU in PC but 1660ti is still a faster piece of hardware.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
This in itself is revisionist revisionist history lol. I played Arkham Knight at launch on my laptop with a 970m and an SSD. The issues that plagued the PC version were mainly due to PC's using HDD's, which were still very common at the time (Now should it have run that badly on HDDs? Of course not).
Nonsense, I was there at day 1 and the main issue with the game was that it just stuttered everywhere, even on high end hardware because, among things, it didn't handle texture generation properly; I personally was able to brute force it by going out and buying an extra 8gb ram, but even then it wasn't great.
In fact I moved the gotham knights from my M2 to my HDD and it still runs 100% better than arkham knight did at launch, arkham knight was just completely busted and ran much better after numerous fixes (official and mods), and you using an SSD means you probably just brute forced past the issues like I did by just getting more ram. It's very telling that even on 2022 hardware it still kinda shits itself when driving around.

Last edited:

coffinbirth

Series S has a better CPU...and it's pretty much exactly the GPU power of a 1660TI with it being RDNA2...and this game is running @ 30-40% GPU utilization. So, yeah. Also, most games min specs are a 1070 or lower. The ONLY reason they recommend a 1660TI is because of how poorly optimized it is. It chugs on a 4090 ffs.

Top Bottom