• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN's journalists says Xbox should kill Grounded and TOW2/DLC and have them work TES6

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Ryan McCaffrey during XBoxs game drought:

"Grounded is really fun. It's great that MS supports these creative passion projects and I can't wait to see what it becomes."

Ryan McCaffrey after the Bethesda aquisition"

828603f223d4ce354c6620311e8c3b9b.gif

Last edited:
You get me busting those old gifs now

2994489-3o85xh8f9aapcfroes.gif

For those who are incredulous about their stupidity and thinks maybe these are fake captions, here is the sauce

3 and a half minute of plain stupidity

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
This is the tweet phil liked:

The thought of killing three games to start work on one that would be years away and not a Bethesda game is crazy. That just fuels the “Xbox has no games”. Let the studios build the games they are passionate about.

I just realized that Obsidian and Bethesda are part of the same company now, don't know why that took me so long lol, hope that means a FNV sequel is coming sooner rather than later, as Microsoft could literally force them to work together or just have Obsidian make it themselves.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
I know IGN is a punching bag but yeah, I agree with these guys. They're just talking out loud as fans of the TES series. And being honest, none of their other games are going to be played as much, talked about as much, or wanted as much as another TES title. Best idea to get these games out faster is throw all the man power at it.

GymWolf

Considering how mediocre the latest game from both bethesda and obsidian are, what about giving elder scroll 6 to actually capable developers?!

driqe

I know IGN is a punching bag but yeah, I agree with these guys. They're just talking out loud as fans of the TES series. And being honest, none of their other games are going to be played as much, talked about as much, or wanted as much as another TES title. Best idea to get these games out faster is throw all the man power at it.
The 12 people working on grounded is the key to making tes6 release faster

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Now that Bethesda is MS they dont even make good games so who cares right?

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I don't think those ideas in the original tweet would lead to productive working environments for any of those teams.

Because TES VI will be console-exclusive for the Xbox. The take here is they cannot have it released towards the end of the generation when it won't matter anymore, as more and more people will be invested in PS5. The action plan, while brutal and will not go well with a lot of people, is actually quite a sound one.
TES VI will be an Xbox exclusive? Have you got some proper inside sources or something? Because that's one of the most debated gaming topics atm and there's nothing definitive answer yet, no matter how hard you feel about it being so (FWIW I also think it'll be an Xbox console-exclusive as well, but there's good evidence and arguments to think otherwise, and jumping to conclusions like that is never a good thing).

Regarding the rest of the stuff you're saying, think about it a little bit harder. Why would you postpone supporting a very profitable game now to work on a game that doesn't even have a public launch window? Not only would you be alienating developers who've worked hard on making Grounded as successful as it is today, but you'd be postponing profit now for probable profit later.

This is just a ridiculous take by someone who I assume is a reputable games journalist (at least if he works for IGN, aye?). I work in healthcare and even I can see that his argument is just completely ignorant and idiotic.

I think they should all merge into one super team and make one super amazing awesome Halo game that will melt everyone's faces off! 🤡

In all serious, the Outer Worlds team should be working on making a sequel that's much improved and fulfills the promise of the original.

Top Bottom