• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: What to Expect From Nintendo in 2022

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

They always manages to surprise us, but let's take a look what to expect from Nintendo in 2022.

2022 is shaping up to be a big year for Nintendo. Not only will it be celebrating the fifth anniversary of the Switch, but we're also - hopefully - going to hear a whole lot more about Pokemon Legends: Arceus, Splatoon 3, Bayonetta 3, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, and, perhaps most exciting, the sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. In addition, Mario will once again jump beyond video games to the big screen with Chris Pratt, of all people, taking on the role of the legendary plumber in Super Mario: The Movie. Will Metroid Prime 4 or the long-rumored Metroid Prime Trilogy finally be revealed? A new Switch Pro after the Switch OLED? It's anyone's guess!

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Nintendo lawyers right now.
baby ninja GIF

Buggy Loop

Even as a switch owner, that’s barebone and a whole lot of speculations. Metroid Prime 4 ain’t making it this year, that’s delusional. Pokemon … Never cared about pokemon/animal crossing/smash, so that’s always hurting when Nintendo focus on those, and boy have they in the past years.

I think there's like... at least 6 day one buys for me.

Botw2
Splatoon 3
Bayonetta 3
Advance wars
Kirby
Mario rabbids 2
Project triangle

MrA

Banned
Give me Players Select titles you jerks
please Nintendo would rather you buy used than debase themselves by dropping the price of 1 2 switch to 20 dollars and a game people actually want? Nintendo would rather lose 100 million in revenue due to sales drying up before they drop the price of breath of the wild

Robb

Gold Member
Killer lineup from Nintendo!

It seems like MS, Sony and Nintendo are all going to have a fantastic lineup next year.

I hope there are less delays into 2023, in that case 2022 will be insane. Especially if BotW2 manages to launch alongside Starfield and Ragnarök.
Hungry The Simpsons GIF

arvfab

Banned
Kirby
Mario Rabbids 2
Project Triangle
Pokemon Legends

for me. Maybe Bayonetta 3 if I ever manage to play and finish the other 2 before :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Hope to get at least announcements of Pikmin 4, Metroid Prime 4, a proper and good Zelda game and a sequel to Starfox Adventures.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I really hope we can play BOTW 2 on better hardware...
The first game was made around the wiiU, the second one is exclusive for switch, not the biggest upgrade but it is something.

Although the first one doesn't even have a stable framerate on switch even after the patches, so who knows how many improvements they can have without tanking the framerate.

Top Bottom