• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Top 10 PS2 Games of All Time.

Slateee

Neo Member
SH2 is number 7?

Anyway missings for me are Ico, Jak and Daxter, Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter, SSX and Twisted Metal Black.
YES! I don't understand why the first Jak & Daxter isn't more revered! My friend told me to skip it and go straight to 2 but the original is exactly what I'm looking for in a 3D platformer. no levels or loading screens, beautiful landscapes, smooth controls, and a touch of alternative gameplay modes. Granted it was rather short but I'd rather be left wanting more than getting bored or frustrated at a game and never beating it. It honestly feels like an extension of what Spyro was doing as opposed to being crash's successor.

Slateee

Neo Member
I'm astonished that there is no mention of Dark Cloud on this thread!! For me it was the game that incentive combat and dungeon crawling like no other! There is so much customization in that game. You can be creative customizing and leveling up your weapons in the dungeon while waiting to get out and place the new geo sphere's you just collected and to reassess your next goal.
it's like sims meets final fantasy and was a PS2 exclusive!

14 year old me GameCube fanboy was really upset that Resident Evil 4 was launching for PS2. But watching my best friend being hyped about putting it in his disk tray made me smile like "boy... You are in for a ride"

I reckon this is about right. San Andreas had a load of content that puts it ahead of #s 2 and 3 on the list.. I'm not sure want later open world games could really exist without it. Of course, many other titles were more thoughtful, beautiful, but the collosal weight of quality packed in to a game which ran on an identical system to a game it was a second sequel to is just amazing to consider.

Sly Cooper series

Is that the series you can get for Vita? I'll snag it if it is the same thing, i couldn't find many positive reviews about it to justify the purchase~

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Can't be bothered to watch now, but something tells me they failed to include Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition Remix and therefore the entire video is utter shit.

Neff

I actually struggled to think of ten and came up short.

1. Devil May Cry
2. Final Fantasy XII
3. Final Fantasy X
4. Virtua Fighter 4
5. Ridge Racer V
6. Parappa the Rapper 2
7. Tekken 5
8. God Hand
9. Ōkami

SkylineRKR

RE4 on PS2 is commendable but its by far the worst version, though the bonus content was good (and looks fucking terrible on the remaster). Its not a game that defined PS2 to me, it was already kinda old when it came out.

As an FFXII fan I can agree with FFX being on that list though, it was more of a landmark title, and less divisive to boot.

bender

What time is it?
It's a pretty good list but I'd boot off GOW, FFX and RE4 (mostly because I view it as Gamecube game).

Inxes

ULTROS! List:

- Final Fantasy X
- Resident Evil 4 (even if it's a GC game)
- Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
- Kingdom Hearts II
- Shadow of the Colossus
- Persona 4 (I'm surprised why P4 isn't there)
- Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
- Suikoden V
- Silent Hill 2
- Dragon Quest VIII
You got ma like for puttinh the GOAT JRPG, DQVIII

Terenty

Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Mgs 2, Mgs 3 and Silent Hill 2 utterly destroy anything on PS4.

Oh, how the mighty has fallen

Top Bottom