• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Top 10 GameCube Games of All Time.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The GameCube was discontinued in 2007, but that hasn't stopped fans from obsessively searching for the best games in the system, whether to warm their sense of nostalgia or find a library to play on emulators.

So, here you have it - the best GameCube games of all time.

Bakkus

Boring predictable list. They seriously think Rouge Squadron is better than Paper Mario 2, F-Zero GX and Chibi Robo? Oh wait, the creator of this probably hasn't played those.

kunonabi

GC is my least favorite Nintendo console so I'm not sure I could really manage 10 but let's see.

Resident Evil
Resident Evil 0
Killer 7
Rogue Leader
Nightfire
Metroid Prime
Beach Spikers
4 Swords Adventures
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
The Clone Wars

Had to omit Robotech and P.N. 03 to make 10 so it fared better than I thought.

Where's Eternal darkness?

Points for Pikmin and AC.

Metroid prime and Wind waker a clear one two punch with Res evil 4 right behind.
F zero has to get a run and maybe sneak Luigis mansion in too.

Gamecube 4 life.

I won't put my top 10 in order because it will be too agonizing:

Metroid Prime
Resident Evil 4
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door
Super Mario Sunshine
The Legend of Zelda The Windwaker
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour

Honourable mentions:

REmake
Pikmin
Twin Snakes
Donkey Konga
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
Soul Calibur 2
Pikmin 2
F-Zero GX
The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

Never played Luigi's Manison and not an Eternal Darkness guy, but I thought it was neat how it messed with the idea of your character going crazy by giving you error screens and stuff.

KàIRóS

I'm not watching, I don't want to give views to IGNormies but if Tales of Symphonia, Baten Kaitos and Viewtiful Joe are not there, the list is shit.

i don't have to look at any list to know metroid prime is on top

such a fucking wonderful game, i played through most of it at 16 while recovering from a car accident

I played it at 16 as well, on my ex girlfriend's Gamecube. I read about the game for years and the thirst was real. She didn't have the game (her GC wasn't plugged), so I bought it and I would play it every chance I got. I bought that Gamecube from her eventually and a couple of months afterwards we broke up. She was an asshole, but she DID sell the GC very cheaply. I finished high school playing Sunshine, Wind Waker, TTYD, all that good stuff. Guess I was lucky!

nordique

My own top 10 would be

Metroid Prime
Zelda Twilight princess
Zelda Wind waker
Resident evil 4
Smash bros melee
MGS Twin snakes
Mario Sunshine
Pikmin 2
Metroid Prime 2
Rogue Squadron 2

These lists are subjective. I didn’t enjoy eternal darkness or the RE remake/RE Zero for example so it wouldn’t be on my own list. I didn’t play thousand year door so I can’t comment.

I loved f zero gx and viewtiful joe but those would be in my Top 20, not top 10. VJ may be #11 actually. Timesplitters 2 would be up there for me as would Luigis mansion and Tony hawks 3

everyone is gonna be different.

that’s a sign of a strong library

Last edited:
Is Eternal Darkness on the list? If not then I’m out

HstUxQv.gif

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

Super Mario Sunshine
Rogue Squadron II
Prince of Persia Sands of Time
Donkey Konga
Tony Hawk 3
REmake
RE4
Super Monkey Ball
TimeSplitters 2
Capcom vs SNK 2

GC is my least favorite Nintendo console so I'm not sure I could really manage 10 but let's see.

Resident Evil
Resident Evil 0
Killer 7
Rogue Leader
Nightfire
Metroid Prime
Beach Spikers
4 Swords Adventures
The Clone Wars

Had to omit Robotech and P.N. 03 to make 10 so it fared better than I thought.

No melee?!

V4skunk

Banned
Boring predictable list. They seriously think Rouge Squadron is better than Paper Mario 2, F-Zero GX and Chibi Robo? Oh wait, the creator of this probably hasn't played those.
Rogue Squadron is amazing! One of the best Starwars games...
It is also a graphical and technical master piece for the time.

My top 10.
Metroid Prime 2
Wind waker
F-Zero GX
RE4
Metroid Prime
Rogue Squadron 1
Mario Sunshine
Melee
Eternal Darkness
Luigis Mansion

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
This is funny. I was just Googling this yesterday because I’m in between games and trying to find something to play.

Handel

Predictable list, but also an accurate list though I'd replace Pikmin 2 with Pikmin 1. The time limit adds a lot to that game, and Olimar's diary was a great narrative tool as he learned more about the Pikmin and the world, bonded with the Pikmin, and reminisced about home.

Top Bottom