• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Summer of Gaming - Live Now

xiseerht

Wow, I know this is all because of Corona, but, man, this whole stream presentation style isolated from home and without any production value behind it is so weirdly anti-hype and boring, I don't even care about the announcements anymore.

I'm just few minutes in, and it already fucking sucks. I'm out.

I would say., make note of a few games that you are into . And come back to youtube in a few days ,when the quality is better on that companies channel and you might like the games more.

This Observer System Redux gameplay demo highlights a lot of the next-gen tech, like 4k textures, ray-tracing, and HDR, and that has gone into the Observer System remake. If you’re a fan of the Observer System game, then this remastered version could be the horror remake you’ve been looking for.

They talk about taking advantage of next-gen hardware in this version of the game

It's possible. But one of the big charms of the Yakuza series, to me personally, was the design and implementation of the combat. This is not my style.

Yeah not my style too. Yakuza game always took me to long to finish. Can't imagine how much time it takes to dealing with turn base combat and random counter.

This summer game fest is such shit. IGN I guess doesn't make enough money to have a stream quality with good bitrate. Must sucks being poor. Fucking imbeciles and useless journalism shits.

I've seen noob streams with better quality streams who are basically basement dwellers. Including myself when I stream on off time at 1080p60 without any kind of blur or muddy image quality. Fucking pathetic, I hate IGN so much. Bottom feeders of the industry that seriously need some competition to overcome them but everyone is too fucking lazy and they don't even try.

/rant

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
Animations look a bit floaty to me. The character looks as if he's kinda sliding on the floors.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Second Extinction and Wasteland 3 for me with Observer System Redux being 50/50. Rest simply don't interest me. At this point, im just happy that some gaming showcases and events are happening. Next up for me on IGN will be BioMutant but that's two weeks away. SMH.

Bartski

Gold Member
Not sure if it was worth staying up for Mortal Shell alone, looks nice, fingers crossed!
Might be biting off too much a team this size can chew tho, still - the only interesting game shown today in my opinion.
Chivalry 2 might be going for goofy fun Gamepass food worth checking, as for the rest... Second Extinction looking rough as hell, Yakuza - totally not my kind of thing but I know people that love this stuff so I hope they're happy.
Couldn't be more ready to get my socks blown off by Sony tomorrow

Day 1 complete vid is in the OP

Day 2 starts tomorrow morning

June 11
Pre-Show Charity Stream (9:45am PT):
  • Titanfall 2 Speedrunner Countdown Challenge by Bryonato

IGN Expo #2 (11:30am PT):
Exclusive Reveals, Trailers, Gameplay Demos, and Developer Interviews

Reveals:

• Unannounced Game (Merge Games) - Exclusive Game Reveal
  • Unannounced Game Reveal - Exclusive Reveal Trailer

Trailers:
  • Stronghold: Warlords (Firefly Studios) - Exclusive Multiplayer Trailer and Launch Date Announcement
  • XIII (Microids) - Exclusive Gameplay Trailer Reveal

Gameplay:
  • Blankos Block Party (Mythical Games) - Exclusive Trailer Debut, Exclusive Gameplay
  • Iron Oath (Humble Bundle) - Exclusive Reveal Trailer and First Gameplay Reveal and Interview
  • Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time (Soleil Games) - Exclusive Gameplay First Look
  • Spellbreak (Proletariat, Inc) - Exclusive Announcement, Gameplay Interview, and Trailer

Check Out This Game! With Tom Marks:
  • Star Renegades, Massive Damage - Exclusive Gameplay
  • Bravery Network Online, Gloam - Exclusive Gameplay

will be a little appetizer before the PS5 event I guess

Last edited:

CamHostage

Didn't mention PS5 at all, i assume it will be BC though

Yeah, a PS5 version of Yakuza: Like a Dragon is curiously missing in official statements about the game still. I thought this "exclusivity" was just a matter of timing with the Xbox show, but SEGA is in full Preview cycle now and still lists Series X without PS5 (and they don't have it locked to Xbox outside Japan either, PS4 version is part of the slate.) And yes, some companies are still waiting for Sony to open the PS5 gates, but Codemasters announced PS5 at the same time as the Xbox show, so it's not that either. Strange. I'm not sure if this is still timing, or if PS5 really isn't happening (I can't imagine Yakuza being a big enough brand for MS to buy it as a Third-Party NG Exclusive?,) or what the case is?

ZdIVsph.jpg

Last edited:
UPDATE: Day Three kicking off later today

[IGN Expo #3 (2:30pm PT): Exclusive Trailers,
Gameplay Demos, Developer Interviews, Previews
Trailers: 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (SEGA / ATLUS) - Exclusive Reveal Debut Castlestorm 2 (Zen Studios) - Launch Announcement Trailer
Everspace 2 (ROCKFISH Games) - Exclusive Alpha Gameplay Reveal Trailer and Interview with ROCKFISH Games CEO & Co-Founder Michael Schade
Guilty Gear Strive (Arc Systems Works) - Exclusive Character Reveal Trailer
Phantasy Star Online 2 Update (SEGA) - Exclusive Trailer Reveal Ranch Simulator (Excalibur Games) - Exclusive Gameplay Trailer

Everspace 2 gameplay today, hell yeah

Top Bottom