• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[IGN] S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Official In-Engine Gameplay Teaser (Xbox Series X|S, PC)

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Reposting the same link thrice in order for it to gain grounds isn't going to help here.

You are telling others that they need to back their shit up. So i did, and with a direct cite by someone who has worked on STALKER and Metro.

Your response is to repost the same link over and over.

Obviously they may have considered a port of Stalker to consoles by September 2009. By February 2010, however, the month on which that DF interview was posted, that mindset has changed.

So:
  • September 2009: Announcing plans to get Stalker to consoles.
  • February 2010: Dismissing the possibility to get Stalker to consoles to the point of being unrealistic.

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
anyone else have this weird fascination about chernobyl and the zone?

I can't have enough of these games!

Teaser is kinda boring

You may enjoy this

I've never played any of the previous games, but I love the vibe of everything I've seen for this one and really can't wait to play it and Day 1 on Game Pass, thank you Xbox.

As others have eluded to in this thread, it will be really interesting to see how it translates to consoles, specifically inventory management and whatnot.

Should be great. Can't wait.

Jtibh

Banned
Reposting the same link thrice in order for it to gain grounds isn't going to help here.

You are telling others that they need to back their shit up. So i did, and with a direct cite by someone who has worked on STALKER and Metro.

Your response is to repost the same link over and over.

Obviously they may have considered a port of Stalker to consoles by September 2009. By February 2010, however, the month on which that DF interview was posted, that mindset has changed.

So:
  • September 2009: Announcing plans to get Stalker to consoles.
  • February 2010: Dismissing the possibility to get Stalker to consoles to the point of being unrealistic.
Dude give it up man.

The team fell apart. They had no funding or support.

Look at crysis. Its on ps3 and 360.
Stalker doesnt even come close to crysis.
Yet its there. And it runs. And it plays. Is it a poor mans version . Yes.
But its there

Now if we want to talk about the original stalker and what it turned into now thats a different story.

They changed the engine they changed everything and you got a gimped version compared to what was demod back in 2004.
That version would have never run on any console.
The released version could.

But you know what the problem is here? I know.
Its that pc exclusive that will never make to consoles cry .

No one will ever convince me that this gimped version of stalker could have never had a console port would it not been for money issues or staff issues.

Period.

Redneckerz

Dude give it up man.
I am going to, yes. Because despite your call for backing things up with evidence you make it clear you don't actually care about that.

Look at crysis. Its on ps3 and 360.
Stalker doesnt even come close to crysis.
Yet its there. And it runs. And it plays. Is it a poor mans version . Yes.
But its there
You realize Crysis PS360 had to be ported over to a newer, more console oriented version of Cryengine (CE3) because the original (CryEngine 2) simply was not made with consoles in mind?

Now if we want to talk about the original stalker and what it turned into now thats a different story.
They changed the engine they changed everything and you got a gimped version compared to what was demod back in 2004.
That version would have never run on any console.
No, you want to talk about the history of Stalker, for some reason. I have no interest in that, since its not part of what you are attempting to argue.
The released version could.
Says your September 2009 link. But my February 2010 link retracts that. So no, the released version of Stalker as is wouldn't run in a playable framerate on console whatsoever.
No one will ever convince me that this gimped version of stalker could have never had a console port would it not been for money issues or staff issues.

Period.
Thanks for mentioning this, so that your call out for backing your shit up is essentially meaningless since you just admitted you won't be convinced by rationale anyway.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
I am going to, yes. Because despite your call for backing things up with evidence you make it clear you don't actually care about that.

You realize Crysis PS360 had to be ported over to a newer, more console oriented version of Cryengine (CE3) because the original (CryEngine 2) simply was not made with consoles in mind?

No, you want to talk about the history of Stalker, for some reason. I have no interest in that, since its not part of what you are attempting to argue.

Says your September 2009 link. But my February 2010 link retracts that. So no, the released version of Stalker as is wouldn't run in a playable framerate on console whatsoever.

Thanks for mentioning this, so that your call out for backing your shit up is essentially meaningless since you just admitted you won't be convinced by rationale anyway.
Not interested in the history of stalker cuz you know next to nothing about it. Child.

You just proved my point that console port was always doable but maybe educate yourself about the history of the dev team as well so you understand their flip flop on the console port.

Let me tell you one thing.
I followed stalker since day one . I read every fucking article there is about it.

You can cite all the devs bullshit as much as you want.
At the age of 40 and running a business i know something about business models etc.

The dev always had a hard time with funding. Thats why they cut down on the scope plus got rid off a bunch of features . The game development dragged on for a long time.

There was never a chance for a console port but not for controler issues of engine issues.

It was always money and nothing else.

Just look at all the games the broken up team made ever since. Look at the change of their business model.

Bottom line what we argue about here is that there is no evidence this game could have never made it to console either ps3 or 4 or 5.
It never made to console cuz there was no market for it and therefor no profit to be made due to amount of work and money it would have cost them.

Also see cryteks business model.
They created a new engine for consoles cuz they were planing to release crysis 2 and 3 on all plattforms therefor allowing a port of crysis.

Stalker devs could have never financed that let alone work an all plattfrom versions

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Campfire guitar

It may be the only game which i sit and watch some npc's doing things(other than some important scenes from witcher 3). There's nothing like relaxing with the guitar after hunting mutants under heavy radiation. Looking forward to the second game. Metro didn't get to me like this one.

Redneckerz

Not interested in the history of stalker cuz you know next to nothing about it.
Nah. Its just not part of my interest because the argument you make does not rely or revolve around it. Its meta-discussion to defuse from your original point of contention.

I am sorry, what now?
You just proved my point that console port was always doable but maybe educate yourself about the history of the dev team as well so you understand their flip flop on the console port.
A straight port of X-Ray would mean unplayable framerates. That's why they retracted their initial statement. That's also why the game never came to consoles, and that's why 4A, an engine that has nothing to do with X-Ray by the way, was written with console support in mind.

If you want to be actually pedantic, anything is doable. But there is also cost, investment, time that play a role. For those reasons, X-Ray was not ported over to consoles.

Because the cost/investment and the time required for it could (and were) spent on other things (Like splitting off the studios into Vostok Games and the infamous West Games).
At the age of 40 and running a business i know something about business models etc.
Stating this bears zero relevance to your point when its a flawed point you are making.

At the age of 30 i verify insurance certificates and can single handely manage an entire project in a hospital. That has literally zero meaning regarding my opinion.

Bottom line what we argue about here is that there is no evidence this game could have never made it to console either ps3 or 4 or 5.
It never made to console cuz there was no market for it and therefor no profit to be made due to amount of work and money it would have cost them.
Okay.

killatopak

Gold Member
I think I tried to play the original game and dropped it twice.

i dunno maybe I’m playing it wrong but it felt like a very tedious version of Fallout on Survival setting.

I guess the closest description was it was very slow? Maybe I’ll come around to it if anybody wants to give tips.

Wake me up when we get gameplay finally...

ZT7NefA.jpg

Jtibh

Banned
Nah. Its just not part of my interest because the argument you make does not rely or revolve around it. Its meta-discussion to defuse from your original point of contention.

I am sorry, what now?

A straight port of X-Ray would mean unplayable framerates. That's why they retracted their initial statement. That's also why the game never came to consoles, and that's why 4A, an engine that has nothing to do with X-Ray by the way, was written with console support in mind.

If you want to be actually pedantic, anything is doable. But there is also cost, investment, time that play a role. For those reasons, X-Ray was not ported over to consoles.

Because the cost/investment and the time required for it could (and were) spent on other things (Like splitting off the studios into Vostok Games and the infamous West Games).

Stating this bears zero relevance to your point when its a flawed point you are making.

At the age of 30 i verify insurance certificates and can single handely manage an entire project in a hospital. That has literally zero meaning regarding my opinion.

Okay.
I signed on to over a million in projects in the last 3 months. Verify insurance certificates? Dont want to be personal here so i just leave it like that.

You go back and learn a bit about the devs and stalker.
It was a rough going for them and the release was anything but well received.

Again without going in circles and hate on eachother my point is that other than money there was nothing in the way of a console port.
And by console port i was actually asking for a release now which would mean ps5 xsx you know shit thats actually a pc from top to bottom with very good 60fps.
So your argument about not being able to port xray engine to consoles if false.

Hell stalker 2 was announced years ago and look even now its a joke of a trailer. That tells me they are strugling to get this game out but are probably obligated by contract to release no matter what.

i guess maybe i should ask you why you think this game could not be ported over to ps5 and xsx.
And lets not start with the controller bullshit.
And if for some reason this game will come to consoles boy will you have a lotnof explaining to do.

Last edited:

fermcr

Its timed exclusive but based on their history it may never release and sure as hell not 2021

If Microsoft are backing financially the rest of the development, it can be a console exclusive...

Last edited:

Redneckerz

I signed on to over a million in projects in the last 3 months. Verify insurance certificates? Dont want to be personal here so i just leave it like that.
Appreciated.

You go back and learn a bit about the devs and stalker.
Thanks. Im good.
Again without going in circles and hate on eachother my point is that other than money there was nothing in the way of a console port.
And by console port i was actually asking for a release now which would mean ps5 xsx you know shit thats actually a pc from top to bottom with very good 60fps.
Alright.

So your argument about not being able to port xray engine to consoles if false.
If that's what you think i specifically said, then yes.

i guess maybe i should ask you why you think this game could not be ported over to ps5 and xsx.
You know the answer already. And its not what you think.
And if for some reason this game will come to consoles boy will you have a lotnof explaining to do.
You have yet to disprove my link so the explaining is on your end. But good knowing ill have to stand trial in any other event. Very honest.

Jtibh

Banned
If Microsoft are backing financially the rest of the development, it can be a console exclusive...
Its timed console exclusive.
But it can be easely xbox console exclusive if it turns a profit.
It is a title that would help gamepass for sure.
I am not sure about microsoft funding them though.

Jtibh

Banned
Appreciated.

Thanks. Im good.

Alright.

If that's what you think i specifically said, then yes.

You know the answer already. And its not what you think.

You have yet to disprove my link so the explaining is on your end. But good knowing ill have to stand trial in any other event. Very honest.
Go back and read that i requested a console port asap.
That is of december 30th 2020. Which would mean my request was for current consoles as in ps5 xsx.

Then came the posts about A. It cant be ported due to the complexity of the game mechanics 😉 that require mouse and keyboard.
B. cant be ported due to the complex nature of the xray engine that back then was to simulate and open living breathing world where everything is random and the AI is doing its own thing. It was the revolution that never really showed but ok.

Then we ended up here where you, me and probably most with some brain conclude there is nothing in the way of a console port and i exact port on top other than money.

That takes me back to my original post where i say release a console port asap.

So was my original post really that crazy? Delusional? Unrealistic?

And so this is why i am laughing . Even now.

Good luck to you.

Oh and catlady. Seeing your likes on every post thats aimed against me...bit of a covard move dont you think?

Anyways. Back to work. Time is money.

Redneckerz

Go back and read that i requested a console port asap.
That is of december 30th 2020. Which would mean my request was for current consoles as in ps5 xsx.
Great. Still means you interpreted my posts incorrectly but why bother. You read all the articles after all.

So was my original post really that crazy? Delusional? Unrealistic?
Your glasses may require some cleaning.
And so this is why i am laughing . Even now.

Good luck to you.
Thank you. A laugh is always good.
Anyways. Back to work. Time is money.
You know your business, alright.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
The atmosphere in these games is incredible. Super hyped for this one too! Hope they keep the focus on weather effects.

The game fucked me when i didnt collect the decoder to open the door at the end giving me a bad ending and having to restart.

Another sign of an unfinished game due to development issues.

But lucky me there was a work around on youtube.

But yes the athmosphere was top tier. Still would have loved the original version more.

MMaRsu

Banned
Im pretty sure stalker cpuld never be ported to 360 and ps3 even if they gimped the game to run at 320p

Make it more like an RPG and I'm in. I need to play the first 3 but I'm on the first game and I got bored of it after the first 15 minutes but I'm sure it's a great series and I should give it a chance.

Normally it would be a contender. Any game Microsoft touches turns to crap though

Isn't this game coming to PlayStation 4/5? And uh Microsoft has been doing significantly better in the last few years.

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned
Make it more like an RPG and I'm in. I need to play the first 3 but I'm on the first game and I got bored of it after the first 15 minutes but I'm sure it's a great series and I should give it a chance.

Isn't this game coming to PlayStation 4/5? And uh Microsoft has been doing significantly better in the last few years.
Don't bother playing all of them.
I'd jump straight into Call of Pripyat and when you are finished mod it up.
Misery mod is the best and is extremely savage in difficulty even for veteran players. It takes every thing to the next level including faction ai and world economy etc...

Royal-Slime

Banned
I've seen plenty of men in striped singlets in my life. No need to see them in video games. Which is also why I haven't played Metro Exodus despite liking 2033 and LL to an extent.

Royal-Slime

Banned
STALKER was and is beyond everything you can get in gaming right now. So I am just sitting here waiting for another STALKER. Stalker games are peak of gaming industry, wish they used 4A tech...

SLAVS UNITE!
Kosmos help us all if this is the peak of gaming... but then again, people say TLOU is the peak of gaming..

Kosmos help us all if this is the peak of gaming... but then again, people say TLOU is the peak of gaming..

Peopley say that about tlou. Console people who like the story and the characters, mistaking that for a good game, and are using its status as an exclusive for console wars.

Stalker Call of Prypiat has none of that nonsense. Its simply at the top of the gaming medium by the strength of its gameplay and design. The Stalker series is, in fact, peak gaming. With no exagerration or hyperbole. Call of Prypiat in particular, besides this series having mechanics and gameplay that literally no other game has, in existence - is just beautifully designed. A lot of the things people bitch about for open world games were solved a decade ago by Stalker. A large map, but not too large. Traversal is fast and involving and interesting. Unique, hand crafted places of interest throughout the large map that all have purpose and arent there just to stretch the game. The entire world is functioning and living without giving a fuck about you, the player. Going from one handcrafted place of interest to another exposes you to mutants, bandits, rival stalkers, anomalies, blowouts and more.

All this on an unforgiving and visceral difficulty. Weapons have multiple characteristics like penetration power, rate of fire, condition, recoil and so on. There is weapon balistics - you can see the tracers firing from your weapon and their path, because the game uses actual projectiles that are coming out of your weapon.

Its just an overall masterpiece and always has been

Last edited:
Top Bottom