• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[IGN/NX] Cyberpunk 1.2 Console Performance Review

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Desperate GIF by memecandy

Stuart360

Yeah watched this last night. Performance is still terrible accross the board.
Also fuck knows whats going on with the XB1 version. Why do they have higher settings when the console is struggling to run the game above 25fps?. Its almost like 2 completely seperate teams are working on trhe Xbox and PS versions.

Ogbert

Late to this, as played on PC, but quite surprised at the difference between X and PS5.

Appreciate the frame rate on PS5 but the world looks way emptier. Hardly and pedestrians or cars on display.

Armorian

Banned

Stuart360

I take it this patch wont be enough for Sony to allow the game back on PS?. Or is it already back on sale?, havent been keeping track.

assurdum

Banned
Late to this, as played on PC, but quite surprised at the difference between X and PS5.

Appreciate the frame rate on PS5 but the world looks way emptier. Hardly and pedestrians or cars on display.
I'm more surprised to see them push for higher crowded density on one X when clearly can't handle it that well. But it's CDpr.

assurdum

Banned
If consoles had better cpus it would run fine

They removed it from store and it wasn't because of bugs etc.

Yes, but if CDPR didn't do that game would most likely still be on PSN. Bad performance was never some major red flag for Sony before.
Yeah Sony it's not a philanthropy company we know that but CDPR deserves it, can't care less if the real reason is the money behind. That's not Sony the dickhead there.

assurdum

Banned
If bad performance was a red flag for Sony they would have never released the last of us on ps3. That thing chugged to 15 fps when there was heavy action or close ups
Bad perfomance is not the only problem. Game is bugged as hell even on pc, some missions can be broken by the glitches. I don't know how much is changed with this patch but bad perfomance was the last of the problems in this game. Game is neither that good from what I heard in the different walkthrough I seen but that's another story.

Last edited:

Stuart360

If bad performance was a red flag for Sony they would have never released the last of us on ps3. That thing chugged to 15 fps when there was heavy action or close ups
The Last of Us was way more consistent overall though. Plus it wasnt pulled from PS just because of framerate, is was bugs too, and theoverall state of the game.

vkbest

Sony don't give a shit about that LOL, it was always about what CDPR said about refunds...

Right now open world section on PS4 runs ~GTA5 level on 7 gen

You are comparing 2 different gen. The most PS3 games had bad framerate, PS4 gen had been stables framerates, and current gen standard looks 60fps for now. Even so, GTA5 drops to 20fps on PS3, cyberpunk dropped to 10fps at release on some scenes

Anyway, it’s pretty logical, a game what is on bad state to offer refunds, it’s a game shouldn’t be sold.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I played TLOU fully on PS3 and it was never unplayable or crashed once.

Actually it was a very polished experience even with the framerate drops in combat with heavy amount of enemies.

It is not remotely compared with Cyberpunk on PS4.

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
".. i don´t see a massive delta between them"
Video Games Ok GIF

.. have they found the evil hacker?! #lol

Last edited:

RyRy93

Performance was shit and still is on last gen but it should be back on IMO, there are worse performing games that haven't been delisted.

I think Sony is still mad about the whole refund thing.

Elios83

Xbox One S version and its 22-23fps average frame rate simply can't be saved.
It's time to move on and spend the energy elsewhere.
The other platforms including base PS4 at this point are all playable although there can still be important slowdowns but those can happen in all games.
Imo it's unlikely they can do much better, the game simply wasn't conceived to run on old systems. I wonder if the PS4 version will be back on the store someday :messenger_grinning_sweat: :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Personally I've already finished the game back in December on PS5 so unless new DLCs and a native PS5 port are released I'm not gonna touch it again.

Last edited:
It has also come out with a hugee visual upgrade since the launch version

Like seriously, I purchased this game on base PS4 at launch, I know how fucking awful it used to look on bsse consoles, and now it has come a long way visual wise. It looks wayyyy better than at launch; lightning, particles, textures resolution, shaders, anti-aliasing solution, SSR, animations, etc. I dare to say it is one of the most visually striking open-world experience on base consoles right now.

Both 1080p. The 1060 finished the game a few days after it came out so performance wasn't the best. The 1660 is playing medium/high right now with very few drops below 60 fps
That's good to hear, my laptop has roughly the same GPU (1660Ti) so I figured it would run well, even though it may perform less than a desktop one these cards can still stand the test of time for quite a while, and I doubt even medium settings will look bad a decade from now.

That's good to hear, my laptop has roughly the same GPU (1660Ti) so I figured it would run well, even though it may perform less than a desktop one these cards can still stand the test of time for quite a while, and I doubt even medium settings will look bad a decade from now.
Honestly looks great. I find for the most part at 1080p it's harder to notice the little things that really kill performance.

Algan

At certain times while the vehicle is driven the FPS is drastically reduced to 21FPS on Xbox One X and PS4, this definitely proves that this game should never have been released for the previous generation.

cyberpunk-534441.jpg

Raonak

Banned
yes of course, and it will be glorious
Is it gonna come out this year tho? I'm only gonna play this game once, and I'm stuck in a paradox of the longer I wait the better the game becomes, but the longer I wait, the less impressive the overall product is (in comparison to newer next gen games)

fart town usa

Gold Member
For anyone who cares, version 1.22 on a Base PS4 actually makes the game playable.

Started a new game last night, Streetkid route. Graphics and visuals overall look infinitely better than what we've seen before. Just texture loading and other weird things still occurring from time to time.

For the most part though I found myself actually enjoying the game and the atmosphere was actually able to shine. Still strikes me as nothing special in terms of gameplay so far, and the vehicle controls are still laughably bad but as a whole, it's nice to actually play the game and not be distracted by all the jank.

Framerate was definitely dipping but nothing too jarring, at least to me.

Top Bottom