• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN : More people visited our site on PS5 preorder day than Black Friday (misrepresented by H-I-M, OP)

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
There are "certain" people here that are trying to make the lead up to the PS5 as bad as the Xbox One. And they are trying SO HARD! Just stop guys, you're forcing it.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Damn some of you are
ThreadbareEmptyAnnelida-small.gif

Anyway about those PS5 pre-orders...I wouldn't look too much into it.

Kokoloko85

The PS3 was not at all a failure (fourth best-selling home console ever at the time of PS4 release). And PS4 had extreme help from MS after they botched the Xbox One launch.

This generation will be much more competitive. I'm definitely not ready to say PS5 will surpass the 100 million units sold mark yet.

I never said PS3 was a failure. It just lost alot of steam Compared to where they were in the PS2 era. They had an uphill battle, releasing a year later and more expensive, losing exclusives and xbox coming hot with Xbox live and shizzle.

I dont think this generation will be much more competitive. Xbox has less of a name now and in 2 months time then it did 7 years ago.
That 360 era isnt coming back and I doubt Xbox will sell over 50million again

RoboFu

One of the green rats
There are "certain" people here that are trying to make the lead up to the PS5 as bad as the Xbox One. And they are trying SO HARD! Just stop guys, you're forcing it.

I don’t think it’s that bad butThere hasn’t been any hands on previews allowed, no look at the UI and the thing launches in 2 months.

basically a company said “ buy this it’s the best thing ever!” And we are like “ okay great!”

no one would do that with any other product.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I don’t think it’s that bad butThere hasn’t been any hands on previews allowed, no look at the UI and the thing launches in 2 months.

basically a company said “ buy this it’s the best thing ever!” And we are like “ okay great!”

no one would do that with any other product.

People did though.

nintendo-switch-1.jpg

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I have family that work in a large UK online retailer. They said that on PS5 launch traffic for that day was around 40% higher than their busiest Black Friday. Crazy for just one product.

El Sueño

It does not surprise me, just compare the metrics between XSX and PS5 in terms of views and clicks, PS5 has millions more. Of course it does not mean they are selling every view and click, but shows interest and that is the beginning of a potential sale.

Last edited:

onQ123

The hype level around PS5 is really high even outside of the gaming community, You see people who don't even talk about video games talking about PS5 but I only had one in person talk where Xbox Series X/S was mentioned.

MiguelItUp

People need to stop giving IGN clicks, lmao.

That being said, of course. It's Sony's next big shiny new console. Those that have and love their PS4s are interested. Hell, even ones that didn't and think it's time to pull the trigger on a console.

Orky

Banned
Series S seems to be having serious issues being sold out.

Xbox Series X/S went up for pre-order in Brazil yesterday, with Series X selling out in the 7 biggest retailers within 5 hours. PS5 is still available in those stores, despite being up for pre-order for an additional week.

Series X was sold out across Brazil, including Amazon, by this morning. And the pricing for both consoles is the same in Brazil.

So, the PS5 has - using your logic - issues too, right? Or not?

proandrad

I don’t get how this is news. Ign isn’t a retailer so it would make sense that they would generate more traffic over a video game console news than a day about buying crap.

Lloyd22

Xbox Series X/S went up for pre-order in Brazil yesterday, with Series X selling out in the 7 biggest retailers within 5 hours. PS5 is still available in those stores, despite being up for pre-order for an additional week.

Series X was sold out across Brazil, including Amazon, by this morning. And the pricing for both consoles is the same in Brazil.

So, the PS5 has - using your logic - issues too, right? Or not?

oh realy? all consols are still in stock in amazon brazil.

Orky

Banned
oh realy? all consols are still in stock in amazon brazil.

not really, did you even click on the link? See here: https://www.amazon.com.br/dp/B088GHBH92

will be delivered on 30th of November. This means the first batch is sold out.

XSX is also No. 1 at the best sellers for games. Xbox Series S is at #2. PS5 is at #4.

PS5 still available and will be delivered at launch:
https://www.amazon.com.br/PlayStation-Console-PlayStation®5/dp/B088GNRX3J/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_pt_BR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=ps5&qid=1601485146&s=videogames&sr=1-1

Anyway, doesn’t really matter. Let’s get back to topic please.

Last edited:
Much bigger then xbox anyway. Ireland is basically like the UK market just ob6a smaller scale. Xbox has always been reasonably popular here. The xbox series S has still not sold out in either gamestop or smyths who are the two main retailers for consoles. The xbox series X is sold out in one but not the other.

Meanwhile ps5 editions long sold out and most of the accessories too. They still have the controller, camera and media remote but I'm told by gamestop the controllers will be sold out too.
You’re assuming PlayStation has more stock available than Microsoft though.

Verchod

I don't understand what this thread is about?
Is it that some people visited Ign Website (accidentally possibly)?

Top Bottom