• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Changes Some Gratuitious Camera Shots

"Lets ignore a trilogy that set a great standard for that time for how games should be made that involve great gameplay, great story telling, actual choice options with long term story telling etc because Im a neckbeard and mad that they took out an ass shot"

such a petulant child.
It"s the wars of the neo-prudes v.s. the petulant childs?

Velius

Banned
"Lets ignore a trilogy that set a great standard for that time for how games should be made that involve great gameplay, great story telling, actual choice options with long term story telling etc because Im a neckbeard and mad that they took out an ass shot"

such a petulant child.
I think you're ignoring the fact that the games that were made by a great company are being tampered with by people who don't know how to make good games. BioWare today is not the company that made KOTOR, JE or ME/ME2. I don't care about an ass shot but they're messing with the original creators' vision, and I'm willing to bet Miranda's butt isn't the only thing they're going to censor.

This is a company that hasn't made a good game in over ten years. They're standing on ceremony and trying to live vicariously through the past work of a different team. I suppose we shouldn't be surprised that they would also happen to be woke pieces of shit

levyjl1988

Banned
This leads Bioware to create a dangerous precedent of changing the original vision. You have new developers entering to rework an original project.
And already Bioware is pissing off fans.

1. The game is rated M for mature and Bioware is censoring the original intention of the ass shot which lies in the basic fundamental idea and context of Miranda.

"Miranda is an example of a character who is defined by their attractiveness. In Mass Effect 2, camera angles and shots such as a close-up of her buttocks were employed to focus on "her curves and sexuality", identified as key parts of her character, her being someone genetically engineered to be "perfect"."

Now I'm not an ass person, much more as a perfect face person. I enjoy perfect symmetry and when I see something off and disgusting I have to put up with it. For viewing entertainment, if it serves in the form of the context I can tolerate it because I know the payoff will be good such as in the Netflix The Witcher series with Yennifer.

I am though disappointed with the censorship involved especially in an M-rated title. Now I understand the idea of being creative and having an intention in art design, but I feel this censorship is backtracking.
I'm pissed that my fem Shepard cannot romance Jack.

Bioware right now is in the middle of this political climate.

Mass Effect Andromeda failed and are accused of sexism. SJW cut attractive woman from the game. I never wanted to romance any of the characters provided and ended up not completing the game. It was garbage.

Now, this censorship is getting out of hand.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Don’t give a fuck about this changed camera angle. I mean, you can still see her ass during the hours of play. Not a deal at all.

that said.

what I REALLY wanna know is can you holster your weapon in Mass Effect 3 now that the memory isn’t an issue?

This would be a huge Quality of Life improvement for the game. It’s annoying as hell, and inconsistent with the rest of the series, which makes it an ideal change for a remaster like this.

GenericUser

People really need to tell me about the obsession with Miranda, she looks like Michael Jackson with a fat ass. Complain all you want about what naughty dog did to the bodies of people but BioWare REALLY fucked up Yvonne.

uwUyWkx.png
Her camel toe.

Fredrik

This leads Bioware to create a dangerous precedent of changing the original vision. You have new developers entering to rework an original project.

1. The game is rated M for mature and Bioware is censoring the original intention of the ass shot which lies in the basic fundamental idea and context of Miranda.

"Miranda is an example of a character who is defined by their attractiveness. In Mass Effect 2, camera angles and shots such as a close-up of her buttocks were employed to focus on "her curves and sexuality", identified as key parts of her character, her being someone genetically engineered to be "perfect"."

Now I'm not an ass person, much more as a perfect face person. I enjoy perfect symmetry and when I see something off and disgusting I have to put up with it. For viewing entertainment, if it serves in the form of the context I can tolerate it because I know the payoff will be good such as in the Netflix The Witcher series with Yennifer.

I am though disappointed with the censorship involved especially in an M-rated title. Now I understand the idea of being creative and having an intention in art design, but I feel this censorship is backtracking.
I'm pissed that my fem Shepard cannot romance Jack.

Bioware right now is in the middle of this political climate.

Mass Effect Andromeda failed and are accused of sexism. SJW cut attractive woman from the game. I never wanted to romance any of the characters provided and ended up not completing the game. It was garbage.

Now, this censorship is getting out of hand.

I missed all that controversy with Jack, I’m blown away that they outright said that it was the media made them change things. Was media roasting them or something?

About censoring that tame booty shot in a 18+ title. Odd camera angle, for sure, but come on nobody at the age of 18 in 2021 would’ve been triggered by that, we’re living in the friggin ass age, everybody is crazy about the ass, hips and thighs now. As I sad earlier you can’t even flick through instagram without having someone’s bouncy ass in your face. It’s very likely that young people today would look at such a scene and go ”Dam girl teach me what kind of crunches you’re doing!” instead of going to twitter and cry.

Pantz

Gold Member
Whenever someone says Aloy is ugly I always think of that 2/10 would not bang neckbeard meme. This is a pic from the HZD subreddit where someone changed Aloy's hairstyle. If this is a 3 at best then you must be dating supermodels.

d7a1w83gbpd51.jpg
I've always said she needs some shampoo

Zambayoshi

What's interesting is that the scene in question can be played flirtatiously between Shepard and Miranda. If the 'sexy' angles are removed, will that scene be as effective? I hope that it won't just be turned into a 'talking heads' scene. Sometimes gratuitous body shots can add a certain something to an interaction between potential lovers.

Forsythia

Whenever someone says Aloy is ugly I always think of that 2/10 would not bang neckbeard meme. This is a pic from the HZD subreddit where someone changed Aloy's hairstyle. If this is a 3 at best then you must be dating supermodels.

d7a1w83gbpd51.jpg
Hannah Hoekstra definitely is an attractive lady, it's the hairstyle in the game that makes her look bad.

Jon Neu

Banned
Yeah, I guess we are puritans because we don't care about pointless shit in the shooty bang bang space game.

If you don't care about something, you don't go out of your way to make that something dissapear and criminalize it as something evil and sinful.

Yes, your type care that much about poor women being sexualized in a videogame, to the point of censoring and erasing "sinful" scenes and camera angles.

And yes, that's textbook PURITANISM.

Nobody is forcing them to make these changes.

Yet they are making them for the sake of a political trend, for the sake of being seen as "allies" of the cause of "giving women equal rights". Otherwise you are a "neckbeard" and part of the gamergate movement, whatever that is.

That's why they are censoring their own games now, so they can pass the test of the rest of the puritans.

One of us, one of us!

You people delusionally like to play the "creative freedom" card, but only when it lines up with your views. But unsurprisingly, not when it doesn't. Because that's what it is here. Maybe you don't agree with their point of view, but it really is just creators looking back on the creation and deciding to change something they now don't like a decade later. They are allowed to do that and as long as the originals still exist (for you I guess to jerk off too), there's really no problem.

They have all the creative freedom to make whatever they want with their games, but if they do so out of following a new political trend of regressive puritanism, then we have all the right in the world to critizice them for it and call them for what they are now.

I said to myself "wow she has fitt ass, surprise that they modeled that" and then went on with my life.

Only for years latter to complain because people are calling puritans to the devs who are spending money to remove an ass from being seen because of a political trend that says so and that -surprise, surprise- you are simp-athetic with.

VulcanRaven

But isn't remastering already changing the original vision? I saw comparison screenshots and some of them look very different. Better textures, new lighting and effects added. I don't think changing camera angles is much different.

Last edited:

RPSleon

I agree, however if you're getting off on some pixelated shit compared to the real thing, I'm starting to look at you sideways bro, if thats how you get it and get off thats great however realize your bitching and moaning about FAKE nudity vs the real thing. I really think you really need to know the difference. I am not going to complain about gaming nudity because its fake. you do you though bro.
No one said theyre getting off to it dude. Do you get off to seeing a real ass in public? No, or atleast i hope not.

You really do seem to just be flexing that you have had sex. Thats how this is coming across. Most people have "in the real".

Fake

Basically what Charlie says:

This guy is so silly. 'What they can't remove next?', I mean, the game is not even out yet so they could possible remove more. He pretty much give Bioware a challenge.

You know, when a company increase the price and people are OK with that, what happens? They keep increase the price.

Same as this. He don't see the capacity of Bioware of make even more drastic changes, because they can. Lets see his next video when the game come out.

Heylon

how very resetera of you bro, I do just fine, just not a fan of the woke left coming in and ruining any form of sexualisation in media. it's okay if you wana bend down and take it in the rear quarters, but I will protest until i am forced to play as a transgenered pig woman!
Amen!

Heylon

Yeah, I guess we are puritans because we don't care about pointless shit in the shooty bang bang space game.

Or maybe we just aren't 15 year old boys who jerk off to video game tittys?

I don't know, which one could it be?

You people are so predictable. You're screeching of "CENSORSHIP" is so funny. What censorship? Nobody is forcing them to make these changes. Hell I'm sure EA would have been fine with a cheaper "just uprez this shit" remaster. You people delusionally like to play the "creative freedom" card, but only when it lines up with your views. But unsurprisingly, not when it doesn't. Because that's what it is here. Maybe you don't agree with their point of view, but it really is just creators looking back on the creation and deciding to change something they now don't like a decade later. They are allowed to do that and as long as the originals still exist (for you I guess to jerk off too), there's really no problem.

So please follow the same advice you give to people when they voice disapproval on these things that trigger you. Don't like it. Don't buy it. As you have no right to tell these creators what they can and can not do.

Me? I'm looking forward to revisiting this series. Never played the DLC and find ME1 super rough to play now. Can't wait to see all the solid storytelling and gameplay(you know the things that actually matter about this game) in higher fidelity and better presented. I'm sure I won't even notice less of Miranda's butt. Which honestly, since I'm not a neckbeard and wasn't back when ME2 came out, I stopped noticing pretty much right after the scene that lives on in gif form. I said to myself "wow she has fitt ass, surprise that they modeled that" and then went on with my life.
You must have queen status at REE

Fredrik

Hannah Hoekstra definitely is an attractive lady, it's the hairstyle in the game that makes her look bad.
Cool didn’t know Aloy was based on a real person. Googled her and yup, gorgeous 👌
But Aloy is fine too and one of Sony’s real gems when it comes to main characters if you ask me, they just need to improve the facial animations in Forbidden West, she looks so uninterested when she talks to someone in HZD.

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member

Or maybe we just aren't 15 year old boys who jerk off to video game tittys?

I don't know, which one could it be?

You people are so predictable. You're screeching of "CENSORSHIP" is so funny. What censorship? Nobody is forcing them to make these changes. Hell I'm sure EA would have been fine with a cheaper "just uprez this shit" remaster. You people delusionally like to play the "creative freedom" card, but only when it lines up with your views. But unsurprisingly, not when it doesn't. Because that's what it is here. Maybe you don't agree with their point of view, but it really is just creators looking back on the creation and deciding to change something they now don't like a decade later. They are allowed to do that and as long as the originals still exist (for you I guess to jerk off too), there's really no problem.

So please follow the same advice you give to people when they voice disapproval on these things that trigger you. Don't like it. Don't buy it. As you have no right to tell these creators what they can and can not do.

Me? I'm looking forward to revisiting this series. Never played the DLC and find ME1 super rough to play now. Can't wait to see all the solid storytelling and gameplay(you know the things that actually matter about this game) in higher fidelity and better presented. I'm sure I won't even notice less of Miranda's butt. Which honestly, since I'm not a neckbeard and wasn't back when ME2 came out, I stopped noticing pretty much right after the scene that lives on in gif form. I said to myself "wow she has fitt ass, surprise that they modeled that" and then went on with my life.
giphy.gif

ZoukGalaxy

Same as this. He don't see the capacity of Bioware of make even more drastic changes, because they can. Lets see his next video when the game come out.
Can't wait for the next Bioware interview:
"So, we removed all ass effect and made it trans, because fans* asked and we don't want to be called a transphobia company by an obscure forum and twitter, so we listened and surprisingly it... just works !(c)"

:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

*0,0001% of fans or 100% of shitera
(c) Todd. All rights reserved.

Forget the ass why does it look ass compared to the old mods

4k remaster
146153187_1154934378277505_3957362168970697906_o.jpg

VS PC Mod.

147082222_1154934511610825_8906595718141611496_n.jpg

WOW, the remaster looks like... ASS, I guess this is why they removed all ass cutscenes. Too much ass at the end.

The PC mod is so much better and natural.

Last edited:

UnNamed

Banned

d7a1w83gbpd51.jpg
I think Aloy is one of the most sexist character ever: she live in a very underdeveloped society, spending all her days with only a man and no other, hunting and fighting in the mud... but she have perfect eyebrows.
A realist Aloy should have unibrow and moustaches, instead.

Last edited:

Tschumi

I personally think it's really weird when computer models try to be sexy, unless it's like, motion capture and perhaps grounded in years of pervy tradition like nier automata or dead or alive volleyball... When games like mass effect shoved that basic, wireframe butt in my face i was pretty nonplussed anyway.

And like the awkwardness of a slowly panning camera and raunchy music revealing the tuschie increases with the fakeness of the tushie. Even Cyberpunk fails to land most of its swings...

Also why did they put a belt across the top of her butt? Clearly designed before the very welcome recent resurgence in high waisted tight jeans. Give her a high waisted space suit!

Top Bottom