• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Madden Update: Is the World Now Safe for "Str8 Ballaz?"

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Thankfully they shut down the cheese factory that was the Atlanta Falcons.

The team at Tiburon did a fantastic job of righting the wrongs of Michael Vick's legs from last year's game.

Brian Finneran can go back to just being a crappy receiver because jet packing is gone. Last year, some players in the game actually were given a vertical leap of 58-inches. This year, things are back to reality, more like 35-inches. This eliminates the days of throwing behind the receiver while the defense watches helplessly as guys like Finneran and Tyrone Calico jumped up to snatch the ball every time.

Quarterbacks throwing off their back foots won't be reaching their target…not even close

http://sports.ign.com/articles/525/525508p1.html

DMczaf

2. Fixed Bugs: Anyone who knows last year's game knows all the tricks and glitches that went with it. Punt block formation on field goals will block it every time when lined up right, same goes for field goal block formations on punts. Thankfully, this has been fixed. Also remedied is the trick of pulling your defensive linemen off the line to stop the run. This year, instead of playing out of position, the linemen will return to the line and go back to their three-point stance.

3. Might as well Jump: Gone is the hurdle button. That's right, jumping up and trying to kick your opponent in the nuts is out of the game…well, sort of. In the past, hitting the hurdle button could actually help keep defenders from tackling you, a kind of "running glitch" widely used by top players. Now, when you hit the button formerly known as hurdle, your runner will cover the ball with two hands and barrel forward attempting to break tackles. Players will still hurdle over the defense when a defender is on the ground, but now it is simply a contextual animation and not something the user controls. After hours of gameplay, this is proven to be a brilliant move as you will no longer be tripped up by a defender face down in the turf.

5. Stick Jockeys: You can no longer stop on a dime, so gone are the days of the start and stop in midfield as you watch the defense run by. In 2005, momentum is a factor and each player's agility rating is factored high into each move. Guys like Ricky Williams are going to run best straight ahead while guys like Dante Hall will still be able to pull off highlight showstoppers. But you have to remember, there's only one Dante Hall in the league, so there's only one Dante Hall in the game. Don't expect just any player to break defender's ankles out there

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

DMczaf

madden-nfl-2005-20040611051429615.jpg

FMT is the guy on the right

Thank god money plays are now gone, it sucks when it happens to me, and I hate exploiting the AI with my favorite play...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Over and over and over and over again

lol, im puttin the pounds on!

this sounds good though dudes. even though i'll no longer be able to tackle DM by diving in front of him and having him trip over me :(

shpankey

not an idiot
Guileless said:
Quarterbacks throwing off their back foots won't be reaching their target…not even close

Thank GOD! That's been the biggest flaw in the series for a very very loooong time.

Top Bottom