• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN India: similarly to March, Xbox Series S was India’s best-selling console in April 2021. PS4 comes 2nd this month

Status
Not open for further replies.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
TC is really obsessed in comparing PS5 sales figure with Series X in different countries, i wonder why he got banned several times.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Yup. a 1.38 billion people country. big mistake.
If they crack 1% in India and China, it's game over and here comes the money
wwe raw GIF

Here comes the money

Context: Post in thread 'Sony announces 18.5 million PlayStation 4 consoles sold WW' https://www.neogaf.com/threads/sony...tion-4-consoles-sold-ww.965548/post-146830805

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned
Bit of a weird story since all of India went into a strict lockdown for a month, which began at the end of March to the end of April.

All shops, shopping malls have been closed in that period.

Maybe their source is the same shop-keeper, who had a lot of people showing up for PS4s until he convinced them all to get a Series S instead. He sounded like an interesting guy and was anonymous too.

FritzJ92

I'm pretty confident they have a strategy for where to send supply. And If they see India as an emerging market, it's probably a calculated / reasonable risk that brand loyalty will keep people waiting longer at home, while word of mouth could help them grown elsewhere.
Let’s be honest in the USA Series X is the priority. I’m Brazil, India, China, emerging console markets the Series S affordability is a easy pill to swallow

Dabaus

Banned
It’s going to come out that the actual numbers sold were like less than 10,000 for the month as if that’s a drop in the bucket when you’re closest competitor sells over 100 million. I wouldn’t be shocked at all if this “sold most in India” narrative wasn’t another propaganda campaign from team Xbox to show nadallea (whose from India) to beg not to sell the division off. Either way when it’s 3:1 Ps5 to series s/x world wide this will make for a esoteric meme someday.

Last edited:
Come on, give it a break, your bias is going overboard now, "lollipop_disappointed:

The fact that you use the term "wins" explains it all
Not too sure what you mean by bias. If I recall you were the one complaining about threads talking about sales, specifically this thread coincidentally about Xbox sales. I just only told you to keep the same energy towards all those type of threads not just Xbox ones and you proceed to talk about how PlayStation sells the best. It could be possible you have a bias of your own Fish man. 🙃

elliot5

Not gonna lie, the series s/x is appealing to my ever growing desire to want to buy a new console.

PS5 is a lost cause for the next 8 months, if not more.

I feel like making the jump :|
do it. sub to game pass. if you manage to get a PS5, you can always sell the xbox console or keep it, without losing much in the end.

Last edited:
do it. sub to game pass. if you manage to get a PS5, you can always sell the xbox console or keep it, without losing much in the end.
Subbing to gamepass is actually not even close to a reason to get it for me tbh.

I've got a huge backlog on PC that in still working through.

This is just a....."its been an entire of pandemic and lockdowns and FFS I just want to do something for myself and buy myself a next gen console" kind of situation.

What I really want is to play new next gen games.

elliot5

Subbing to gamepass is actually not even close to a reason to get it for me tbh.

I've got a huge backlog on PC that in still working through.

This is just a....."its been an entire of pandemic and lockdowns and FFS I just want to do something for myself and buy myself a next gen console" kind of situation.

What I really want is to play new next gen games.
so it's more like you've got a hole burning in your pocket and want some retail therapy lol. i get it

It’s going to come out that the actual numbers sold were like less than 10,000 for the month as if that’s a drop in the bucket when you’re closest competitor sells over 100 million. I wouldn’t be shocked at all if this “sold most in India” narrative wasn’t another propaganda campaign from team Xbox to show nadallea (whose from India) to beg not to sell the division off. Either way when it’s 3:1 Ps5 to series s/x world wide this will make for a esoteric meme someday.
I like how you say we don't have actual numbers than say PS5 is winning 3:1 without any reliable sources.

The boiz always fighting the war.

Shubh_C63

This is a joke right. I am from india and PS market is twice or more bigger than Xbox. Lets not even talk about before PS4 where Xbox was non-existent in here.

This is ONLY because there is no damn PS5 to buy.

skakmk

In India, The series S costs around 500$, the PS5 DE costs around 570$ and the series X/PS5 costs around 710$.

I for one bought the series S because it was the only system I could find. We have been allocated all of 5000 units of PS5 in India yet, which is insulting and abysmal considering more and more people are getting into gaming here.

Once people are introduced to an ecosystem they tend to prefer/stay there. Sony is squandering its huge market advantage by allowing Indian users, who are value focused, to experience gamepass.

Man, the hand waving and denial in this thread.. 😂😂😂.

I wrote this else where, but I see three reasons as why this report is interesting -

1. Reporting on video games in India at this level has never happened before. To see that, to see it get this kind of visibility, in a market that has much potential is a big deal. I would very much like for it to continue.

2. There are no numbers here. Even if there were, it wouldn't matter in a global sense. The fact that there is insight enough to report on this at even a trend level is noteworthy. More so for a market where Sony themselves believe they have 90%+ market share in the console space.

3. Finally - the economic value prop of the Series S seems to be having an effect at least in the Indian context, so to us - the enthusiast crowd - we now have a proof point for its existence.

In India, The series S costs around 500$, the PS5 DE costs around 570$ and the series X/PS5 costs around 710$.

I for one bought the series S because it was the only system I could find. We have been allocated all of 5000 units of PS5 in India yet, which is insulting and abysmal considering more and more people are getting into gaming here.

Once people are introduced to an ecosystem they tend to prefer/stay there. Sony is squandering its huge market advantage by allowing Indian users, who are value focused, to experience gamepass.

You have insight into how many units have been allocated to India? Do you work in retail? I also find it amusing that you feel close enough to Sony that having Indians experience value in gaming is a negative effect. Or did I misunderstand you there?

Final thought, I think the fact that the XSS is only about USD 70 more than the PS4 is a mistake. Sony would do well to make that gap larger to keep folks in their ecosystem for as/when they have Ps5s to supply.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
This is a joke right. I am from india and PS market is twice or more bigger than Xbox. Lets not even talk about before PS4 where Xbox was non-existent in here.

This is ONLY because there is no damn PS5 to buy.
According to estimates on Reeeesetera, it was only slightly less than 2k units.

So yeah, it's not much. lol

More recently the PS5 has outsold Xbox in India. The Xbox shipments dropped off and PlayStation surged. He's celebrating his preferred console 'winning'.
Is it due to sales or supply constraint? Seems like who ever makes the most consoles going to sell every single one atm.

Edit: Seems to be a supply issue more than a preference problem.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
More recently the PS5 has outsold Xbox in India. The Xbox shipments dropped off and PlayStation surged. He's celebrating his preferred console 'winning'.
Which is fine, but I thought it was blatantly obvious that my Bollywood dance posts are satire taking the piss out of this type of console warring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom