• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: How Resident Evil 2 Police Station Perfected the Art of Survival Horror – Twice

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In this episode of Art of the Level, we’re taking a look at one of the greatest survival horror games ever made, Resident Evil 2. Specifically, we’ll be examining the Raccoon City Police station to discuss the Resident Evil 2 Remake tweaks that took the original Resident Evil 2 level into the modern era.

Using Resident Evil 2 gameplay from 1998, we’re going to take a look at how the devs at Capcom designed all the unforgettable puzzles, layout, and overall spooky vibe of the art museum turned Police Station. Then we’ll use Resident Evil 2 Remake gameplay to look at how they changed and updated those puzzles for modern survival horror enthusiasts.

This “Art of the Level: Resident Evil 2” video will also discuss how the RE2 remake updated enemies like the licker and the tyrant, Mr. X to be more dangerous foes for Leon Kennedy and Claire. We’ll also discuss how the updated Tyrant in RE2 Remake followed in a long line of Resident Evil stalker enemies like Nemesis from Resident Evil 3, Jack Baker in Resident Evil 7, and Lady Dimitrescu in Resident Evil Village (Resident Evil 8).

laynelane

The what?
All I remember about that game is a mirror room :messenger_grinning_sweat:

The mirror room was really well done. I also remember these little rascals from the hospital:

y8Rfb9s.jpg

Nipping at my ankles, knocking me down. :messenger_pouting:

Last edited:

laynelane

Getting old. It is actually Silent Hill 2.

Toluca Prison was originally constructed as Toluca Prison Camp in 1862 and was used to house American Civil War POWs.

Thanks for clarifying. That location certainly is hard on the nerves - so oppressive and claustrophobic. I remember it well despite playing the game years ago.

Top Bottom