• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[IGN] Dying Light 2 is a broken mess, is compared to CP 2077 PC

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
another Covid bomb. People need to get into the offices and sort this shit asap or we are heading for a gaming industry crash at the worst or serious delays and fuck ups if we are lucky.

no way games can continue to release like this.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
At this point most AAA studios will need upfront payments from preorders/subscription services/EGS in order to survive because people sure as hell aren't buying the trash they put out once the cat's out the bag.

It's getting worse and worse with each passing year.
Yeah it's getting kinda scary. Maybe they should stop with the "let's make every game as big as we can", and just downscale and focus on the fun factor.

wvnative

Everything post start of the Pandemic.

Can only imagine how much harder it is to work from home, not just from Code perspective, but just randomly throwing ideas out and talking to colleagues, or seeing over their shoulder and commenting on stuff.

The crunch must be hard too, all these deadlines to hit due to marketing... It sucks for Developers, they aren't the ones who set the dates... but unfortunately games that have had their lifecycle throw the pandemic are not going to be really up to the quality we were used to pre 2019.

I don't really mean to throw the devs under the bus I understand it's been hard. But as a consumer... Well...It's frustrating.

Publishers need to give devs extra time. I don't mind a new game being buggy, but stuff like Cyberpunk, GTA remakes, Battlefield, these are unacceptable quality.

Can only imagine how much harder it is to work from home, not just from Code perspective, but just randomly throwing ideas out and talking to colleagues, or seeing over their shoulder and commenting on stuff.

The crunch must be hard too, all these deadlines to hit due to marketing... It sucks for Developers, they aren't the ones who set the dates... but unfortunately games that have had their lifecycle through the pandemic are not going to be really up to the quality we were used to pre 2019.
True, but we have already seen games released that didn’t have as much bugs during the pandemic era so it’s not an excuse any more.

The marketing deadlines isn’t a excuse either because you can’t sell people games that don’t work, that’s never going to end well for everyone involved.

Since covid hit tons of games have been delayed and while that sucked for gamers everyone understood that the delays had to happen so it’s not like they are forced to releases these games in such crap state especially with all of the games coming this year, it’s just not smart.

Doom85

Matthew Broderick Jewish GIF

Arun1910

True, but we have already seen games released that didn’t have as much bugs during the pandemic era so it’s not an excuse any more.

The marketing deadlines isn’t a excuse either because you can’t sell people games that don’t work, that’s never going to end well for everyone involved.

Since covid hit tons of games have been delayed and while that sucked for gamers everyone understood that the delays had to happen so it’s not like they are forced to releases these games in such crap state especially with all of the games coming this year, it’s just not smart.
Thing is... games still do sell if they don't work. BF2042, Cyberpunk... they're examples of broken games with great marketing that made gullible people pre order.

Sure in the long run it bites them, player retention is minimal. But there are plenty of articles around that show how much money goes into marketing, a simple date shift for a product can be costly.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Deus Ex/Dark Souls/Prey style maps > huge maps. We need to put a stop to Fary Cry shit type of maps.
Yes and a thousand times yes. It's not the size that matters, but the actual level design.

I don't mind if the map is small: give me meaningful content and a good sense of scale, and that's all I need.

ethomaz

Banned
Just want to remind people that IGN also gave Cyberpunk 2077 a fucking 9/10 on launch. Stop taking IGN so seriously.

I thought IGN learned with their mistakes.
They are not recommending Day Light 2 while recommended Cyberpunk using a CDPR scripted play-through.

MiguelItUp

The crunch must be hard too, all these deadlines to hit due to marketing... It sucks for Developers, they aren't the ones who set the dates... but unfortunately games that have had their lifecycle through the pandemic are not going to be really up to the quality we were used to pre 2019.
I know majority of us here know this, but good god is communication key. Moving from solely internal communication to external communication is going to be rough as hell on everything and everyone. At the last studio I worked at we grew exponentially and needed to get other spaces to house our growth. I pushed to not separate QA from the other devs, but then that eventually happened. With that move came all kinds of miscommunications and fumbles. It eventually kind of ironed out because the teams were forced to work around it, but when the teams moved back into one building, things immediately got better than they had been for a year or two at that point. I can't imagine how it for people to work at home, especially those that may not have the best communication skills, or don't work well at home, haha.

Crunch ain't easy, but it's most certainly harder on some than others. I actually enjoyed all the times I crunched. But then again, I've crunched so much in my experience that I found ways to make it feel better.

Yeah it's getting kinda scary. Maybe they should stop with the "let's make every game as big as we can", and just downscale and focus on the fun factor.
Wholeheartedly agree. At this point we deserve more polished titles, period. Especially from AAA studios. I mean, how can you expect to do well when your project performs the way it does and you're asking for consumers to pay $60-$70. It's insane.

Miles708

Unpopular opinion: games should be released after the day-one patch.
In other words, day one patches are a symptom, not a solution.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Just want to remind people that IGN also gave Cyberpunk 2077 a fucking 9/10 on launch. Stop taking IGN so seriously.

And Meristation '' copy paste'' put almost the same things and score of review.

You can see it in many of their reviews.

Gamezone

Gold Member
I had no real huge bugs with Cyberpunk either on XsX the game just sucks.

Love your profile pic

Jupp, even if they solved every bug, the game is still bad. They can fix as many Dying Light 2 bugs they want, but the story and main character is still terrible, and missions are still repetitive.

Andodalf

Banned
I want to see a thread of people WITH the day 1 patch showing their glitches. If you are playing an early unpatched version than that's on you. Show me what average Joe day 1 consumer will be playing with the patch and only then will I be outraged.

100% people are going to post unpatched videos for clicks. A game can be fine 99.99% of the time and people will still give 1 million views to the few glitches that can happen

SCB3

fuck you wrong.
I played and finished it perfectly fine on pc. So what's wrong?
had some bugs but not THAT much.

Gamezone Gamezone Not played it on console so can't speak to that. I know it was bad on last gen.

Anyway - Dying Light was pretty bad... just as a game. Not sure what's with all the hype about sequel
I only had a few minor bugs on PC as well to be fair, nothing game breaking but my PC couldn't handle the Open World section very well so quit until I got a Xbox Series X about 8 months later and it was fine there

ACESHIGH

Banned
INB4 the "the port is great, running smooth at 1080p 60 FPS on my 3080ti" arrives.

Looking at you DF. Should have called out devs on Halo infinite and God of War... PC ports.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
fuck you wrong.
I played and finished it perfectly fine on pc. So what's wrong?
had some bugs but not THAT much.

Gamezone Gamezone Not played it on console so can't speak to that. I know it was bad on last gen.

Anyway - Dying Light was pretty bad... just as a game. Not sure what's with all the hype about sequel
I played on PC too and I had a lot of bugs. I can't finish 5 quests because they are still totally fucked, and I had countless of t-pose, disappearing stuff, glitched characters etc etc...
And a lot of bugs are on EVERYONE'S game, they are tied with the engine. It's not because you don't pay attention to them that they don't exist.
For example go into a street => look on the left and aim with your weapon => stop aim => do the same to the right side of the street => look again on the left: every NPC has been replaced with another model. And that's just one example, they are countless other bugs.

This legend of 'uh the game was not that broken on PC" need to stop

rofif

Banned
I played on PC too and I had a lot of bugs. I can't finish 5 quests because they are still totally fucked, and I had countless of t-pose, disappearing stuff, glitched characters etc etc...
And a lot of bugs are on EVERYONE'S game, they are tied with the engine. It's not because you don't pay attention to them that they don't exist.
For example go into a street => look on the left and aim with your weapon => stop aim => do the same to the right side of the street => look again on the left: every NPC has been replaced with another model. And that's just one example, they are countless other bugs.

This legend of 'uh the game was not that broken on PC" need to stop
I only had the floating text stuck for few last hours.
Guess I was lucky

Alebrije

People talking about Cyberpunk , its performance was random..but most of people had and has issues...

Remember that glich or error that the more items or stuff you had your savedata was deleted at somepoint.

I installed the game on December on my PS5 and very early on the game on the scene where you talk with a guy on a soda or restaurant a lot of NPCs did not have thier legs..

Few minutes laters while fighting on a random encounter the enemie half body dessapeared under the street. So I quit the game.

I will wait for the next gen patch if someday it comes.

If this game is a mess of glitches like Cyber it better to wait....hope its not since I like its gameplay. DL1 was fun specially the DLCs so I have hope this one will be OK

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Uh. Honestly I haven't encountered any bug on Dying Light 1. And I played it tons of times in SP.
It was buggy when it first came out. Same with Dead Island (that was even worse)

When you actually look at Techland and their past games, how they released and how they were patched you can see that this is par the course for them..

You wouldnt know it by the hyperbole bullshit in the thread though.

Should it have been released in this state? Christ no. But they do eventually sort their games out (y)

ZoukGalaxy

Not surprised considering the chaotic development.
And Denuvo will definitely not help.

Also I HATE the zoombiemeter, this addition is really a deal breaker for this game to me, I love to take my time to explore, who came with this idea is an pure asshole, fuck you, it's pure artificial tension. PURE shit.

Will wait the definitive edition bugfree and DRMless on GOG on sales to give a try..

Last edited:

Solarstrike

Motherfuckihgjn shittttttttfFU FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuck., Casn't evenb post a gif reaction because GAF knows it'll be a huge

Top Bottom