• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN announces Summer of Gaming. Expect big reveals, deep dives, and exclusive looks at upcoming games: all starting in just a few weeks

Nice can’t wait.I am sure Sony and Microsoft will have here to announcement but will keep the really big stuff for their own shows.I XBOX showcase before this show?This is a good way to generate views for their own shows like show a big game here, not to much and say if you want to know more join our show at 1.7.22 or so.

Fuck IGN. I hate them so much. I miss the good old E3 days.

dog slapping GIF

Kev Kev

Booooooooo, no one wants to watch stinky woke summer game fest or whatever the fuck.

Bring back e3, I don’t like Geoffs face and I don’t trust the way his first name is spelled

AX8

Banned
What a shame, June for gaming will never be the same without E3 and the hype it brought. :messenger_loudly_crying:

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Fuck IGN. I hate them so much. I miss the good old E3 days.

Booooooooo, no one wants to watch stinky woke summer game fest or whatever the fuck.

Bring back e3, I don’t like Geoffs face and I don’t trust the way his first name is spelled

Wait people actually want to go back to the old E3 format?
Jesus either im really out of touch or some people have oddly fond memories of the actual E3.

P.S
Didnt IGN and Gamespot and in older days Gametrailers pretty much still do all the major covering of the "E3" floor and do basically every interview/deepdive/gameplay first look.
You know the parts of E3 people (speaks for himself) actually liked.

They are effectively doing the exact same thing that theyve always done, all the major brands using the E3 period still to do their presentations and shit....we just dont need to be bogged down by the actual E3 floor.

Black_Stride

so you dont want scantily clad women dancing in booths to make a come back?

giphy.gif
I do not. The showfloor was utter trash from around 2012...probably even earlier tbh.
The E3 period is for all my gaming shit.
Ive still got a plethora of car shows to objectify women.....shamelessly!

Wait people actually want to go back to the old E3 format?
Jesus either im really out of touch or some people have oddly fond memories of the actual E3.

P.S
Didnt IGN and Gamespot and in older days Gametrailers pretty much still do all the major covering of the "E3" floor and do basically every interview/deepdive/gameplay first look.
You know the parts of E3 people (speaks for himself) actually liked.

They are effectively doing the exact same thing that theyve always done, all the major brands using the E3 period still to do their presentations and shit....we just dont need to be bogged down by the actual E3 floor.
Back then we had normal people who worked there. Like Greg Kasavin at GameSpot (who owns Super Giant Games now) I had the privilege or interviewing him on Transistor back at E3 2014. One or the coolest and chillest people I've ever met/interviewed.

Jessica Chobat was also cool and was from IGN. Staff is now filled with woke ass motherfuckers on both fronts.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

Yes, one packed week of hour long lazer focused press conferences from the big publishers were 1000 times better than the unfocused messy streams we get now.
E3 was the convention center.
The conferences werent part of E3 not since forever.
Those conferences and presentations still happen today.
The E3 "period" still exists, so that hype time is still there.
The best part of E3 was that these outfits IGN/Gamespot/Gametrailers would get to talk to the devs who presented a 2 minute trailer and we would get a good look at what they were trying to squeeze into a small snippet.
Thats exactly what the Summer Game Fest, Summer of Gaming and whatever Gamespot calls this period now is.

All the best parts of E3.

Last edited:

Fredrik

E3 was the convention center.
The conferences werent part of E3 not since forever.
Those conferences and presentations still happen today.
The E3 "period" still exists, so that hype time is still there.
The best part of E3 was that these outfits IGN/Gamespot/Gametrailers would get to talk to the devs who presented a 2 minute trailer and we would get a good look at what they were trying to squeeze into a small snippet.
Thats exactly what the Summer Game Fest, Summer of Gaming and whatever Gamespot calls this period now is.

All the best parts of E3.
The press conferences from old E3 was lined up after each other on a focused schedule. What we get today is nothing like that. Microsoft’s event on June 12 is the only one resembling what we got before. Where’s Sony’s event? Nintendo’s event? Ubi’s event? EA’s? Etc

Last edited:

Black_Stride

The press conferences from old E3 was lined up after each other on a focused schedule. What we get today is nothing like that. Microsoft’s event on June 12 is the only one resembling what we got before. Where’s Sony’s event? Nintendo’s event? Ubi’s event? EA’s? Etc
Yeah fuck that shit.
Sony will announce their event.
Ninty, EA whoever wants to present something long form will announce.
The way people consume media today is not the same as frikken 2010.
EA/Sony/Ninty/MS they abandoned E3 for a reason...it didnt make sense anymore.....they got more engagement from having their own streams and from being with these major outlets that people seem to hate.
The E3 "season" still exists the E3 event? Can go fuck itself.

ShaikhCroft

T
There won't be an event from EA this year. I guess FIFA 23, Need For Speed will be shown at MS or SGF! But I bet Ubisoft will do a press conference with Avatar and Assassin's Creed - (Basim) sooner or later (July/August)?

What's the difference? You'll have this, Summer gamesfest thing, plus Microsoft have a showcase and others are too. Not really any difference apart from the E3 logo.
Is this a serious question? I been attending E3 since 2013 in physical form and been to every single private party and met a lot of rockstars like Bonnie Ross, head of Rare, Phil Spencer, ton of Sony people and done over 50 interviews in my career and wrote previews on games that were years out. Yes, absolutely no difference, you figured it out!

Last edited:
Is this a serious question? I been attending E3 since 2013 in physical form and been to every single private party and met a lot of rockstars like Bonnie Ross, head of Rare, Phil Spencer, ton of Sony people and done over 50 interviews in my career and wrote previews on games that were years out. Yes, absolutely no difference, you figured it out!
Well if you are a gaming journalist (most aren't) surely you still have opportunities? admittedly not in such a condensed environment. Either way its not that different for the average gamer.

ShaikhCroft

Did IGN do any live show like Geoff's? AFAIR there was Summer Game Fest show, PC Gaming show and another show that I can't remember the name!

Top Bottom