• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: 10 Best PS5 Games

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

It's been just over a year since PlayStation 5 hit store shelves, and while Sony has once again found success by not only ushering in a steady stream of quality exclusives, but it's also by being a great place for third-parties to thrive. For this list, we wanted to stick with games that have received a proper PS5 release - you won't find any titles that need to be played through backward compatibility. The games that made it onto the list either needed to launch on PlayStation 5 at the time of release or receive a proper PS5 re-release.

0:52 Ghost Of Tsushima Director's Cut
1:41 Astro's Playroom
2:28 Deathloop
3:18 Resident Evil Village
4:23 Demon's Soul
5:14 Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
6:19 Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Moracles
7:16 Returnal
8:20 Horizon Forbidden West
9:15 Elden Ring

Demon's Soul for me.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Knack 2

all the other trash
uhnXbWD.jpg

Jk bro

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
The order can always change because I replay these games often. Not including multiplatform games

1. Horizon Forbidden West
2. Demon Souls
3. Sifu
4. Ghost of Tsushima
5. Uncharted collection
6. Returnal
7. Sackboy
8. Guilty Gear Strive
9. Spider-man MM
10. Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart

I haven't gotten GT7, Anno Mutationem and The Pathless yet

Last edited:

ANIMAL1975

More than half are Sony games, there's just no other publisher on next gen consoles that are anywhere near that level.

No GT7 is pretty unexpected.

Why?
Ok thinking about it, it doesn't say anywhere that it's a list of games to justify buying a PS5 when most of them are still cross gen. But in my opinion, and because you can still buy the majority of those said games in the older systems, or in a competitor platform, and because we are so early in the gen, it would make more sense to do a list of games you could only play on PS5.

And i agree with you about GT7, another point in the stupidity scale.

Ok thinking about it, it doesn't say anywhere that it's a list of games to justify buying a PS5 when most of them are still cross gen. But in my opinion, and because you can still buy the majority of those said games in the older systems, or in a competitor platform, and because we are so early in the gen, it would make more sense to do a list of games you could only play on PS5.

And i agree with you about GT7, another point in the stupidity scale.
Are there even 10 games you can only play on PS5? Too soon for that I guess, crossgen is still going strong.

Last edited:

ANIMAL1975

Are there even 10 games you can only play on PS5? Too soon for that I guess, crossgen is still going strong.
Yes you're right, this gen has been a change from the past (don't know if for better or worse), at these time there could be a list of at least five great full exclusives in the PS5 library _ Demon's Souls, Ratchet and Clank, Horizon FW, Returnal, GT7 _ and God of War just around the corner. But what can i say, most certainly is working in a business perspective and that's what really matters in the end of the day _ more profits, more money to invest in games.

I must be the only person who doesn't rate Elden Ring that highly... it's definitely not a bad game but it would be bottom of my list of Top PS5 games personally (well, I have been playing it on Xbox Series X anyway!). It's definitely marred by technical issues (poor optimisation, a wobbly framerate and some truly offensive pop in) that almost no-one calls FromSoftware out on (because it's FromSoftware!). That is what I have come to expect in one of their releases but it is still disappointing to see in yet another one of their games.

In terms of gameplay it feels like Dark Souls 4 set in an open world and, in my opinion, feels over familiar. George R.R. Martin may have been involved in this game but I wouldn't have known otherwise as in terms of design this is not that different from previous FromSoftware games. The story is still a weird blend of bizarre forgettable cryptic characters that say very little and a vague plot so threadbare that it almost needs a new word to describe how slight it is.

I guess these games have always been about the challenge and atmosphere over everything else and, yes, it does both of those things well but personally I am getting a bit bored of it. I honestly thought George R.R. Martin's involvement in the game and the more open-world structure would make for a more interesting RPG but, sadly for me, it doesn't.

Last edited:
Yes you're right, this gen has been a change from the past (don't know if for better or worse), at these time there could be a list of at least five great full exclusives in the PS5 library _ Demon's Souls, Ratchet and Clank, Horizon FW, Returnal, GT7 _ and God of War just around the corner. But what can i say, most certainly is working in a business perspective and that's what really matters in the end of the day _ more profits, more money to invest in games.
I don't like crossgen but it was clearly the right call since they can't make enough PS5's to sell anyway and it's not like the competition has more nextgen only games, they have even less. Sony was able to provide more crossgen games and more nextgen games in the first 2 years, with the PS4 still selling a little bit and with the PS5 pretty much sold out all the time.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The gaming community is a victim of herd thinking and operate like a ship of fools by most evaluations spider-man should have won multiple game of the year awards and after just two years ps5 is already an all time great you could argue the greatest console of all time we’ve never seen that before I have no problem with Microsoft or Nintendo but I cannot condemn Nintendo for living under the gimmick umbrella and I’ll let Microsoft off the hook Microsoft wanted out of the computer software world and has a whole gaming life now the ps5 has become something greater than a console it’s clear people can’t get their hands on it, Sony has AAA games on their roster and AA backups and if push comes to shove they’ll make a psp again. A whole bunch of developers are getting more out of the PlayStation consoles, how the gaming community operates is they don’t trust reviews, the point of this top 10 list is game changers, there’s 5 all time greats gamers are sitting back and waiting for god of war, spider man 2. The narrative is it’s crazy chaos with scalpers driving to different cities taking lesser consoles like the Xbox series s because you can’t find a ps5.
Mic Drop GIF

I have to say that, mainly because of that, I don't regret to have chosen to wait more before getting a PS5 and decided to get a Series S instead of Series X. It saved me some money, and I'm not feeling like I've lost much...
Yea because there are plenty of nextgen only games on Xbox... You are complaining that there are too many crossgen games while choosing the platform that pretty much only has them, makes no sense, you even doubled down by getting the Series S, a console that pushes devs into releasing more crossgen games.

Last edited:

Kssio_Aug

Yea because there are plenty of nextgen only games on Xbox... You are complaining that there are too many crossgen games while choosing the platform that pretty much only has them, makes no sense, you even doubled down by getting the Series S, a console that pushes devs into releasing more crossgen games.
I just chose the cheaper alternative to be fair. I had (and still have) a PS4 and didn't have an Xbox at the moment (the one I had before, I sold about 4 years ago). And honestly, I don't think me buying the Series S would make any difference on what the market decides to do. Sure, I'm missing on Demon's Souls and Ratchet, but it's too little for me to justify the console right now. Just my personal opinion about it though.

Edit: Also, I'm not complaining. I don't care too much if games are cross-gen to be honest... and I'm actually taking the opportunity to play whatever without bothering to spend too much money.

Last edited:
I just chose the cheaper alternative to be fair. I had (and still have) a PS4 and didn't have an Xbox at the moment (the one I had before, I sold about 4 years ago). And honestly, I don't think me buying the Series S would make any difference on what the market decides to do. Sure, I'm missing on Demon's Souls and Ratchet, but it's too little for me to justify the console right now. Just my personal opinion about it though.

Edit: Also, I'm not complaining. I don't care too much if games are cross-gen to be honest... and I'm actually taking the opportunity to play whatever without bothering to spend too much money.
Fair enough, I gave up on criticizing crossgen at this point as I was proven wrong, it clearly was the right call by publishers. I just hope it ends along with the shortages.

Last edited:

Certinty

If Astro's Playroom was a full sized title with tons more content it would be by far the best PS5 game. What a stunning experience that is.

Because it's also a PS5 game and the list is about the best PS5 games? Lmao.

If you make a list about best PS2 games you are going to see games like MGS2, GTA3, etc.
True, but those games were exclusive to the PS2 at the time. For some reason, I was under the impression that they were listing games you can only play on PS5.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
The only thing that would have made this list better would be if they had made it immediately after the first 10 games released on the system.

SpokkX

Have every exclusive except Tsushima

If i love Elden Ring, Skyrim and Botw and did not enjoy Horizon FW (too much dialogue and handholding/objectives) and HATE ass creed - how would Tsushima compare?

Top Bottom