• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you're going to spy on people, do it right.

Ever noticed how you get targeted ads for stores and shite in your area? Yeah, me too. They know which location i'm in, these google ads. Yet, when I search in google, all of the results are in $ and referencing the US

Useless cunts. Can't launch Stadia, can't even spy on people properly

Birdo

Banned
I hate it too, but you actually agreed to it when you use their sites.

It's all in the Terms and Conditions if you read through it all (They know nobody actually does).

Last edited:
I hate it too, but you actually agreed to it when you use their sites.

It's all in the Terms and Conditions if you read through it all (They know nobody actually does).

If they use my location to show me ads, at least use it to help me search for things more accurately. That's all I ask :messenger_tears_of_joy:

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Ever noticed how you get targeted ads for stores and shite in your area? Yeah, me too. They know which location i'm in, these google ads. Yet, when I search in google, all of the results are in $ and referencing the US

Useless cunts. Can't launch Stadia, can't even spy on people properly

The Ads team doesn't share all data they know about you with the Search team. That is why your search results are less targeted than the ads. Maybe you have disabled location sharing in search settings before. That setting wouldn't affect ad tracking.

Mistake

The worst of them are things like siri. I was talking to my brother about yanet garcia once, he opened his phone, and boom, there she was. I turned mine off after that (though it probably doesn’t matter)

Top Bottom