• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you're going to an unboxing video

Status
Not open for further replies.

funcojoe

1. If someone, or multiple videos already exsist of a box opening, no one really fucking cares about yours, what can you possibly show me I haven't already seen besides your gnarly fingernails.

2. If you're like me and over the age of 40, actually let's scratch that, over the age of 15 let's stop getting hyped over a game console when there's millions living on the same earth in extreme poverty and other situations, you look like a douche.

Now children ill give a pass, but grown men, lol. No.

3. If you score something early, try and find something that hasn't been photographed really well yet, maybe video, anything other then yourself opening a box, its not news worthy , its not anything other then the ego wanting to say look at me and for people with half a brain you come off inadequate somewhere in your life.

Unboxing videos lol.

funcojoe

Ad revenue.

Sp9pH1r.jpg

Sp9pH1r.jpg

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
1. If someone, or multiple videos already exsist of a box opening, no one really fucking cares about yours, what can you possibly show me I haven't already seen besides your gnarly fingernails.

2. If you're like me and over the age of 40, actually let's scratch that, over the age of 15 let's stop getting hyped over a game console when there's millions living on the same earth in extreme poverty and other situations, you look like a douche.

Now children ill give a pass, but grown men, lol. No.

3. If you score something early, try and find something that hasn't been photographed really well yet, maybe video, anything other then yourself opening a box, its not news worthy , its not anything other then the ego wanting to say look at me and for people with half a brain you come off inadequate somewhere in your life.

Unboxing videos lol.

Have you tried just not watching them?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

You're over 40 and you still haven't learned that "there's people starving!" has absolutely no bearing on things that are completely unrelated? Catch up man, you should've clocked that in high school.

funcojoe

You're over 40 and you still haven't learned that "there's people starving!" has absolutely no bearing on things that are completely unrelated? Catch up man, you should've clocked that in high school.

It isn't related but, you can still check your giddy school girl tendencies at the door before posting it online? Maybe it's me but there's shit going on that when I come here and see a console unboxing video by some over 40 douche that rubs me the wrong way. Its fucking disgusting.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It isn't related but, you can still check your giddy school girl tendencies at the door before posting it online? Maybe it's me but there's shit going on that when I come here and see a console unboxing video by some over 40 douche that rubs me the wrong way. Its fucking disgusting.

I imagine most people would probably think the same about a guy that's over 40 and wastes his time discussing video games on a forum with strangers. It's the same thing, only you're not making any money from it and a lot of them are. Who gives a shit, really?

funcojoe

I imagine most people would probably think the same about a guy that's over 40 and wastes his time discussing video games on a forum with strangers. It's the same thing, only you're not making any money from it and a lot of them are. Who gives a shit, really?

Predictable reply, thought this would come sooner.

You're an original coors.

LordOfChaos

Why stop there? Why enjoy anything so long as there are serious problems on earth? The iPhone 12 is still blowing out preorders despite everything going on this year, life goes on.

Because you'd go crazy or kill yourself if that was the standard

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Unboxing videos are boring.
If people did "Unboxing & Undressing" videos, then it could be interesting.
For every item they took out of the box, they would remove a piece of clothing.
That would have a small chance of getting my attention.

BlvckFox

Gold Member
I don’t understand why the atrocities of the world should prevent me from being excited about a video game console I pre-ordered in advance in anticipation of playing video games on said console

funcojoe

I don’t understand why the atrocities of the world should prevent me from being excited about a video game console I pre-ordered in advance in anticipation of playing video games on said console

Where did I say anything about anyone playing a console?

dorkimoe

So I can’t be excited because there are people living in poverty? Lol. That is one of the dumbest arguments I’ve ever seen.
So give up everything I’ve worked for and just sit here and be depressed instead of enjoying things and getting excited

ZywyPL

Banned
Its pretty simple, dont make a unboxing video after one or two have been done already as its redundant and egocentric.

Not gonna happen, it's not a matter of being first or second, but all about the views=revenue, so as long as people can get millions of views for every unboxing video they'll continue making them, because that's what they do for a living.

funcojoe

So I can’t be excited because there are people living in poverty? Lol. That is one of the dumbest arguments I’ve ever seen.
So give up everything I’ve worked for and just sit here and be depressed instead of enjoying things and getting excited

How old are you? Reading comprehension, does it exsist? Its about unboxing videos lol, be as excited as you want even though I still feel no one should feel happiness at this point in time but if you're a Neanderthal who can only see and think about what's in front of your eyes and nothing more then by all means put some pigtails in and skip your merry ass wherever you want.

AV

Its pretty simple, dont make a unboxing video after one or two have been done already as its redundant and egocentric.

You don't seem to grasp how Youtube works. I'll give you a hand; thousands of channels all report on the same things because they have their own viewership. People like to make money from their jobs, weirdly.

Grow the fuck up.

Let people be excited about a new console generation without you bitching and moaning and lecturing.

Your not acting like an adult your acting like a brat.

Mind your own fucking business and stop with the whole holier than thou act.

No one cares. Fucking pathetic. You do realise this is a hardcore video game forum right?!

funcojoe

Not gonna happen, it's not a matter of being first or second, but all about the views=revenue, so as long as people can get millions of views for every unboxing video they'll continue making them, because that's what they do for a living.

I dont watch streamers or youtubers so this equation is forgotten but i understand that, still cringey though.
You don't seem to grasp how Youtube works. I'll give you a hand; thousands of channels all report on the same things because they have their own viewership. People like to make money from their jobs, weirdly.

I'm not a youtube, twitchy dipping dip guy, that shit is for children, cringe gross fuck.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
You seem JELLI OP
please tell us more in your next exiting thread.

i ordered the oculus quest 2 the xbox series X and the playstation 5 i might even order the stadia fuck it

Kagero

It really is as simple as this.

funcojoe

Grow the fuck up.

Let people be excited about a new console generation without you bitching and moaning and lecturing.

Your not acting like an adult your acting like a brat.

Mind your own fucking business and stop with the whole holier than thou act.

No one cares. Fucking pathetic. You do realise this is a hardcore video game forum right?!

Check my registration date.

Checkmate.

Snake00

At the end of the day nothing actually matters.
If people enjoy making and watching unboxing videos, let them do it without shaming them for some stupid reason.

Nymphae

Banned
I don't know how you get exposed to unboxing videos without seeking them out, I'm not sure I've ever seen one I wasn't specifically looking for. And if you're seeking this out, you deserve whatever you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom