• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you were in charge of Machine Games, would you even make Wolfenstein III?

Aldynes

No, I don't think they should.

Why? In my opinion the games are flawed, I adore the setting, the cutscenes, interactions between characters, that's the most memorable part for me.

The gameplay is half baked for harder difficulties settings, you need to stay behind cover all the time, can't really go on rampaging without getting deleted in mere seconds, you need to use stealth to really go far in the game, the game punish you if you don't play like that, while to me it begs to be DOOM 2016, just having health regenerate when melee would make it instantaneously better.

Time for a reboot.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is my favorite FPS in recent memory, so yeah, make another.

MiguelItUp

I think if they approached it more from the angle and flow of TNO, then yeah, for sure. TNC was pretty divisive amongst a lot of folks that weren't fans of the whole "grindhouse-like" vibe of the story/writing/content. While TNC didn't bother me at all, I did like the vibe of TNO a lot more, personally.

Robb

Gold Member
I feel that reasoning is correct had Zenimax still been independent and bleeding.

As is right now though I think there’s a gain for MS in making a third installment just to fill up the GamePass library with another very solid game.

I think we’ll see another Dishonored as well. Which is also a franchise that doesn’t sell big numbers by any means.

Last edited:

Gojiira

Banned
TNC could have been salvaged gameplay wise, it only really needed balancing or tweaking. Nothing could salvage the godawful writing so if they must do a third, new writer and dont let Youngbloods creatives anywhere near it, and more importantly start tying it to Doom, bring back the Supernatural stuff like pre-cyber Cyberdemon etc.

Top Bottom