• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If You Could Only Play 1 Franchise…

Nickolaidas

Banned
My five favorite IPs are Mortal Kombat, FROM Souls games, Resident Evil, Elder Scrolls and Dead Space.

I cannot have one of those without the others, it's impossible.

David B

An Idiot
God of War series. Story, gameplay, the learning, the epic battles, winning and killing bad guys. It's always fun.

The Stig

I dislike this hypothetical.
boo.gif

Lunarorbit

Probably tlou. I've beaten it 6 times or so and really liked factions. I always stan the mp in tlou and uncharted cause I kinda suck at FPS and it's a slower paced style mp.

I'm pretty surprised it hasn't been talked about much since the show started.

Edit: seeing lots of Mario, Zelda, and yakuza mentions. Excellent choices

Last edited:

Katajx

Gold Member
Way too tough too choose, but it would lead toward an older franchise since they have had to reinvent themselves or update a little bit different than the sequels since the ps3/360 era.

I don’t know how I could choose one just looking at the early 3D games from the 64. Mario 64,Conker, OoT,Quest 64?, Banjo Kazooie, Donkey Kong, and Mystical Ninja starting Goemon. Same, but different in their own ways.

RAIDEN1

Mass Effect - excluding the car crash (or should that be ship crash?) that was Andromeda....it is one of the few games out there that warrant a playthrough again of the trilogy...

If we cheat, probably an online game. If only sp, things like total war, xcom, rimworld, factorio, city builder, etc.
Essentially time sinks with "infinite" replayability

Warablo

Probably Grand Theft Auto or something. Monster Hunter is another good choice.

Last edited:

Havoc2049

The Elder Scrolls series. Elder Scrolls Online, Blades and Elder Scrolls VI would keep things fresh as well, so it wouldn't all be retro gaming.

Honorable Mentions:
Halo Series
Phantasy Star Series

Final fantasy most likely, tons of spinoffs, classics and then MMO with continuous updates and new content, I suppose

Last edited:
Top Bottom