• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

if you could go back/forward in time, what would you tell/ask yourself?

if i could go back, i would tell myself:
  • No one cares, stop having anxiety about what people think.
  • Buy a new cellphone and call her.
  • That night when you stumbled upon Bitcoin and it was only a 0.01, invest 2 dollars

if I could go forward, i would ask myself:

Actually I don't know what I would ask myself, I just hope that I'm sane lol.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I'd go back and simply tell myself "Life's going to be amazing, enjoy it all, and know no matter what happens, you'll always find your way to happiness." I wouldn't want to change too much, even the pains I've been through have helped make me who I am.

Last edited:

Artoris

Gold Member
if i could go back, i would tell myself:
  • No one cares, stop having anxiety about what people think.
  • Buy a new cellphone and call her.
  • That night when you stumbled upon Bitcoin and it was only a 0.01, invest 2 dollars

if I could go forward, i would ask myself:

Actually I don't know what I would ask myself, I just hope that I'm sane lol.
That night when you stumbled upon Bitcoin and it was only a 0.01, invest 2 dollars

100 dollars would be nice

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I would tell myself not to date one crazy devil woman.

Then I would keep going back and talk to Jesus.

Fbh

"Don't worry, it might seem unlikely now but the Japanese do forgive Square for dishonorably releasing FFXIII on Xbox 360".

Also buy bitcoin, and study something you actually like.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
I'd go back and simply tell myself "Life's going to be amazing, enjoy it all, and know no matter what happens, you'll always find your way to happiness." I wouldn't want to change too much, even the pains I've been through have helped make me who I am.

You're one of my favorite members here

Bless your heart

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Complete bullshit but I appreciate the message.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Complete bullshit but I appreciate the message.
it’s not, I spent too much time in my life worrying about “taking the wrong path” when only recently have I realized the path I take isn’t what matters, it’s the attitude and confidence I take with me that shapes the path into something bearable or not. If I could go back and tell myself it’s all going to be amazing. imagine how much lighter in life i’d walk.

if you want a narrative example of what I mean, watch the movie Bigfish.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
it’s not, I spent too much time in my life worrying about “taking the wrong path” when only recently have I realized the path I take isn’t what matters, it’s the attitude and confidence I take with me that shapes the path into something bearable or not. If I could go back and tell myself it’s all going to be amazing. imagine how much lighter in life i’d walk.

if you want a narrative example of what I mean, watch the movie Bigfish.
You'd just be fucking over your past self. Your past self is gonna think amazing means you are gonna be banging supermodels on the hood of your Ferrari parked outside your mansion. He's gonna be more obsessed with missed chances when he thinks he missed one.
Just give him the lottery numbers and let him find his own path with the confidence of a ton of cash.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
For me, it'd be "Hey, you know those 100 bitcoins you have that you got from trying out that mining thing for a couple of months? Don't sell them for $30 each just because you think nobody would be stupid enough to pay more for them."

Ionian

Every addiction starts with pain ends with pain FUCK DRUGS

You'd be dead without drugs. You kinda get them from birth to live longer. You means opioids, a different type of drug. You never get a vaccine? You get them from birth even in third world countries, it's illegal most places to not receive them as they stop the spread of disease.

Yeah "fuck drugs" hahaha.

Fuck substance abuse. I've seen that suffering. "Fuck drugs", LMAO!

Jayjayhd34

You'd be dead without drugs. You kinda get them from birth to live longer. You means opioids, a different type of drug. You never get a vaccine? You get them from birth even in third world countries, it's illegal most places to not receive them as they stop the spread of disease.

Yeah "fuck drugs" hahaha.

Fuck substance abuse. I've seen that suffering. "Fuck drugs", LMAO!
Yeah I was talking about abusing drugs obviously we need some drugs don't think function without my antisychotic for example but probably down to drug abuse.

Ionian

Start doing body building at 11-12 years old instead of wasting 5 years of school while being a fat cunt.

Also, don't buy a switch just for that fucking bore of the wild.

I started at 15, lost it all but did get very fit. Had a Spice Girls poster behind the bench. just to annoy the girlfriend. I could never see it obviously.

You might like this. I went to dinner while studying (in the house, same girl) I left Mr. Bungle - Disco Volante on. She never turned it off. I came back to basically horror music. She was a classical pianist.

If you haven't heard it don't waste your time, it's basically noise. Catchy noise though.

GymWolf

I started at 15, lost it all but did get very fit. Had a Spice Girls poster behind the bench. just to annoy the girlfriend. I could never see it obviously.

You might like this. I went to dinner while studying (in the house, same girl) I left Mr. Bungle - Disco Volante on. She never turned it off. I came back to basically horror music. She was a classical pianist.

If you haven't heard it don't waste your time, it's basically noise. Catchy noise though.
I started around 16 but only seriously around 18-19.

Too bad that for most of my school life i was basically a tall fat dude, i would have fucked even the walls in that fucking place if i had some muscles to show off:lollipop_grinning_smiling_eyes:

Star-Lord

Put all your money in bitcoin
But who's to say that things would have gone the same way as they have done already? By going back in time and informing yourself on the Bitcoin situation and how it pans out, you have altered history. Every event that happens after that will be changed as a result. For every action, there is a positive and negative reaction. Bitcoin may be worth millions now, but by going back in time and revealing the future, you may have doomed Bitcoin eternally. You could end up broke.

dr_octagon

Banned
I started around 16 but only seriously around 18-19.

Too bad that for most of my school life i was basically a tall fat dude, i would have fucked even the walls in that fucking place if i had some muscles to show off:lollipop_grinning_smiling_eyes:
You could have been the Italian Andreas Tateo.

Rockondevil

Gold Member
Past self: Stay single!
Future self: Are we still single?

Assuming we're using the Back to the Future time travel rules.

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
But who's to say that things would have gone the same way as they have done already? By going back in time and informing yourself on the Bitcoin situation and how it pans out, you have altered history. Every event that happens after that will be changed as a result. For every action, there is a positive and negative reaction. Bitcoin may be worth millions now, but by going back in time and revealing the future, you may have doomed Bitcoin eternally. You could end up broke.
By sinking Bitcoin, I end up saving the GPU pricing market and prevent NFTs. You can thank me later.

dr_octagon

Banned
But with hairs and an actual jaw.
kzTZDE3.gif

NahaNago

I would tell myself the winning lottery number. Other than that I would tell myself to invest as soon as you start working, to learn some skills, and to travel.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Buy Google stock. And be nicer to your family especially your mother..

Top Bottom