• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If these are our launch titles which console would you choose?

Which lineup would you choose?

• 1. PS5

Votes: 182 73.4%
  • 2. Xbox Series X

Votes: 48 19.4%
  • 3. Both

Votes: 18 7.3%

• Total voters

Jakk

Both launch lineups look pretty weak so far. I'll be getting a PS5 though, I already have a decent PC, so I see no point in getting the Series X/S.

Strider311

Both launch lineups look pretty weak so far. I'll be getting a PS5 though, I already have a decent PC, so I see no point in getting the Series X/S.
I’m primarily a PC guy, but almost always end up with all the consoles of a given generation as well. Right now, for me personally, I don’t see any reason for me to get an Xbox at launch. At least PS5 will have Spider-man, and I haven’t yet touched GOT, which I’m hoping will be ready for PS5 day one.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
both are shite but xbox is a little bit less shit.

the "big" game for PS5 is spiderman but i fucking hate spiderman. also godfall looks like ass. i'm getting an xbox because it has more exclusives i want to play: halo, flight sim, forza, state of decay, hellblade, etc. whereas the only games i'd get a PS5 for are Horizon 2 + Demons Souls.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Xbox. It's the most powerful. I can play third party gems like assassins creed and nba slightly better than on ps5. No I will not buy a pc.
Also halo at 4k 120 fps.
i have a pretty damn good PC but i don't want to upgrade it anymore and going back to consoles as my main platform. i'm going with Xbox becase i want the best performing console.

i'll probably get Cyberpunk for PC but i can't wait to play it on Xbox. i'm sure the PS5 version will be fine but likely Xbox will have better resolution/framerate.

T-Cake

Can anyone recall what the Xbox One X All Access price was per month? (Preferably in GBP.) If XSX is similar, then I would just get one anyway for a tenner a week or whatever it would cost and buy the PS5 outright.

Last edited:

Rudius

PS5 for Kena, Spiderman and Astrobot. Would also play Dirt 5.
I guess Little Devil Inside is also a launch game, no? If so, that one too.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Where’s neither? xbox one and PS4 both had better launches than this and the only noteworthy games were resogun and dr3.

I guess ps5 because godfall sounds interesting? Without halo I have no interest in the SX
PS4 didn't IMO

Hudo

Just as a question: Is it a deliberate choice to not offer "none" as an option? Because that's what I would've chosen. But if you are absolutely bent on having people make a choice, I would probably go with PS5 on speculation that Japanese devs might be there in the future. Both lineups look uninteresting (to me), though.

Hobbygaming

This is probably the best PlayStation launch Sony has had in decades, wow.

I suspect they have one more announcement for launch and that would be tlou2 factions stand alone. Not to mention timed cod content, gonna be great.

Any bets on which launch list has the higher metacritic average ?
I've been thinking the same thing. I think this will be the best PlayStation launch lineup ever

Rikkori

Looking at both lists there's only one choice screaming out at me...

152.png

Data Ghost

Neither are particularly great but I do think The Medium looks very good. Personally I am buying both at launch because a) I am an early adopter and b) I have the next gen consoles from day one that will see me through YEARS of gaming.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Ohh I am not following PS5 that closely, but I expect them to also do way better. I want new HW because of performance, but damn. If we would have been in a situations like in previous gens, both of them would be really tough sell.

I still have nightmares about PS4 launch tho, only Killzone: Shadowfall to play, so I had to buy again Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag.

Praise the BC capabilities of both machines.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Benji-Sales just said Sony has another secret PS5 launch exclusive that people don't know about.

People are speculating SOCOM or TLoU2 Factions multiplayer.

CrysisFreak

Banned
Regardless of perceived quality, here's how the exclusive launch lineups shake out, SO FAR, whether or not they appear on the other machine later. Please quote with corrections, I'm just getting the info out there.

New games I can play at launch on a PS5 and not an Xbox:
Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Godfall
Deathloop
Astro's Playroom
Bugsnax

New games I can play at launch on an Xbox and not a PS5:
Scorn
Tell Me Why
oh no no no no
oh no no

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Seriously tho Spiderman is the only big one despite being TLL tier in terms of content.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Can only hope Deathloop is up to the quality of the studio’s pervious games, like dishorned 2, and wolfenstine Youngblood’s....

Surely it will be awesome....

Last edited:

Humdinger

PS5 for me, because:

• Kena - always liked this one, hope they get the combat right
  • Spidey: Morales - recently began playing Spider-Man and am enjoying it a lot
  • The Pathless - I liked Journey and Abzu, so I'll be getting this
  • upgraded Ghost of Tsushima - haven't played it yet, might as well wait for PS5

In terms of multiplats, I'm mostly looking at Outriders. I haven't felt pulled toward Cyberpunk yet. AC: Valhalla is a distant maybe. I thought there was a Far Cry game coming, but I haven't seen anything announced yet.

Wait The Pathless is coming at launch? 🤩 I thought I saw this but I wasn't sure

Yes, they said during the last State of Play that it was coming this year to PS5. So maybe not right at launch, but within the launch window.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Do we think Housemarque will revisit any of their PS4 titles and soup them up a bit? Like ray-traced Resogun?

That's an interesting idea. I guess it depends how well they sold versus how much effort would be required. It might be a neat way to promote Returnal.

Hobbygaming

PS5 for me, because:

• Kena - always liked this one, hope they get the combat right
  • Spidey: Morales - recently began playing Spider-Man and am enjoying it a lot
  • The Pathless - I liked Journey and Abzu, so I'll be getting this
  • upgraded Ghost of Tsushima - haven't played it yet, might as well wait for PS5

In terms of multiplats, I'm mostly looking at Outriders. I haven't felt pulled toward Cyberpunk yet. AC: Valhalla is a distant maybe. I thought there was a Far Cry game coming, but I haven't seen anything announced yet.

Yes, they said during the last State of Play that it was coming this year to PS5. So maybe not right at launch, but within the launch window.
Thank Jesus 🙏 you just made my day bro I love the way The Pathless looks I'm glad it's coming this year

Last edited:

anothertech

I'll be picking up all the remastered releases from this year along with Kena, Godfall, Spiderman and Cyberpunk.

Will have my hands full from just that. Will be a great launch for me.

Might grab Medium on steam.

Edit: totally forgot about deathloop. Hell ya will be a great launch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom