• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If these are our launch titles which console would you choose?

Which lineup would you choose?

• 1. PS5

Votes: 182 73.4%
  • 2. Xbox Series X

Votes: 48 19.4%
  • 3. Both

Votes: 18 7.3%

• Total voters

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Spiderman is the only game on either list that has sure fire hit all over it, and sadly I still don't view that title as a system seller. Unless we get a surprise this is gonna be one of the weakest launch lineups ever
I think the PS5 launch lineup already shits all over the PS4's which was mainly Killzone and Knack

GHG

Gold Member
The weird thing is: PS4 version will be released along with PC/Xbox One/XBox Series X version. Only PS5 version is delayed. But what's the point? The PS4 version will run in 4K on a PS4 Pro and PS5. Perhaps not in 60 fps like a real PS5 version, but is that really going to stop Yakuza fans from picking up the game on Playstation? If Yakuza PS4 supports PS5 boost mode, there's no need at all for a separate PS5 version.

True.

Maybe they were banking on PS4 BC not being present at launch on PS5 when they made that deal.

It's a strange one.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
I don't buy a console for launch games, but to play games over the next 5 to 7 years. That said, PS5 is a no-brainer, Xbox is still up in the air, but becomes less tempting the more I hear about it.

splattered

Reminds me of the posts i made several months ago saying launch titles are usually shitty and not to expect much and everyone kept telling me i'm wrong and don't know what i'm talking about.

This has nothing to do with COVID, both companies just didn't properly ramp game production for next gen launch.

Both lists suck ass as a next gen offering... spiderman and Kena could both be shorter 8 hour games for all we know leaving us with a bunch of third party stuff that Xbox also has.

I wouldn't buy either system based on launch games alone, at this point it's pretty much what ecosystem you're already invested in.

skneogaf

Neither are worth getting for these games.

If either console plays current generation games better then I'll choose that one.

Especially cyberpunk 2077 if that has some kind of advantage on one if the consoles like frame rate or loading etc

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
A 3080ti. Absolutely pathetic showing from both new platforms. I'm leaning more towards the PS5 between the two of them, but there really isn't anything I want to play on day 1. I'm sure a Bloodborne patch would change my mind, though.... if that's any indication of how dull things are now.

I don't buy a console for launch games, but to play games over the next 5 to 7 years. That said, PS5 is a no-brainer, Xbox is still up in the air, but becomes less tempting the more I hear about it.
If that the case than don't buy the console day 1 wait a year or 2 the price will be lower and also any problems at launch will be fix and you will probably get a better version of the console later on too.

noise36

Launch line ups are never super compelling, neither is very strong. I am more likely to get the Xbox for game pass and superior multiplats , then pickup the PS5 once the next HZD lands.

Don't get the love for Spiderman, have tried to get into it twice on the pro , it's just lacking the must play factor to get me to come back after a short session.

The PlayStation 5 hardware is big and ugly and the ecosystem second rate but the likes of GOW, HZD and TLOU will pull me in at some point. Sucker for a well made walking simulator :)

Oh and my kid loved knack 2, played it heaps with his mum, hehe

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
If these were most of the launch titles for the next generation, which lineup would you prefer and why?

PS5
Spider-man Miles Morales
Kena
Godfall
Astro's Playroom
Watch Dogs: Legion
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Deathloop
UFC 4
Outriders
NBA 2021
Madden 2021
Dirt 5

Xbox Series X
The Medium
Scorn
The Ascent
Yakuza 7
Gears Tactics
UFC 4
Outriders
NBA 2021
Madden 2021
Dirt 5

You forgot Cyberpunk 2077 and The Avengers. UFC 4 is current gen only. Deathloop is 2021 as is Scorn.

I'm still day one for Xbox Series X with PlayStation 5 being 50/50 for day one. I will most likely wait until Horizon 2 in 2022. Halo Infinite being a launch title or not was never going to change this. My decision was made in March once Sony revealed the specs for PS5.

Hyped for Gears Tactics and The Ascent. Miles Morales will be great but im not expecting it to match let alone surpass the 2018 Spider Man for me. Godfall and Kena are two games im interested in but will wait for them to release on Xbox Series X as both have a high probability of being on Game Pass day one which is great because im not spending $60 and $40 on them respectively.

Barring any delays, multi-platform wise, I have Cyberpunk 2077, The Avengers, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Outriders and Watch Dogs Legion.

Mister Wolf

You forgot Cyberpunk 2077 and The Avengers. UFC 4 is current gen only. Deathloop is 2021 as is Scorn.

I'm still day one for Xbox Series X with PlayStation 5 being 50/50 for day one. I will most likely wait until Horizon 2 in 2022. Halo Infinite being a launch title or not was never going to change this. My decision was made in March once Sony revealed the specs for PS5.

Hyped for Gears Tactics and The Ascent. Miles Morales will be great but im not expecting it to match let alone surpass the 2018 Spider Man for me. Godfall and Kena are two games im interested in but will wait for them to release on Xbox Series X as both have a high probability of being on Game Pass day one which is great because im not spending $60 and $40 on them respectively.

Barring any delays, multi-platform wise, I have Cyberpunk 2077, The Avengers, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Outriders and Watch Dogs Legion.

Unless stated otherwise Scorn is releasing this year around launch.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Seems Housemarque has abandoned making co-op twinstick shooters for now so The Ascent will suffice. My first thought with the Ascent was Diablo like action/shooter RPG

I'm very hyped for The Ascent. Looks great.

Unless stated otherwise Scorn is releasing this year around launch.

Ebb Software hasn't said a word since May and as far as I know, it's slated for 2021. Will be surprised if they make launch in three months but we'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mister Wolf

I'm very hyped for The Ascent. Looks great.

Ebb Software hasn't said a word since May and as far as I know, it's slated for 2021. Will be surprised if they make launch in three months but we'll see.

Ebb Software told the press its slated for 2020 around launch. Anyone saying anything else besides that is strictly an opinion.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Why no neither? I think the launch lineups will be worse than what’s in the op. If I get a console at launch for anything, it will be Cyberpunk.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Ebb Software told the press its slated for 2020 around launch. Anyone saying anything else besides that is strictly an opinion.

That would be great then for Series X. They just haven't said anything since the second week of May so I honestly wouldn't be surprised if slips into 2021.

A title I just remembered is Crossfire X. Don't care about the multi-player but im all in for the campaign from Remedy.

Winter John

Both of them are so fucking boring I might actually buy a Nintendo. The last Nintendo thing I owned was a Gameboy. Played Tetris and Mario on it. They were great. In fact, they were more fun and original than any of the bullshit that Sony and MS are currently hyping. But look, look it's got a SSD! Go fuck yourself. 12 whole terraflops! Lol. Budget mobile phone tech at it's finest. Fuck it, the more I think about, maybe Nintendo is the way to go.

jigglet

Banned
PS5, mostly because of Kena.
output2cc453b37aae7127.gif

output5851bc6ba1d6e73e.gif

4H4NqNm.gif

a3axR0i.gif

I was going to say none but damn this looks great.

AlexxKidd

Regardless of perceived quality, here's how the exclusive launch lineups shake out, SO FAR, whether or not they appear on the other machine later. Please quote with corrections, I'm just getting the info out there.

New games I can play at launch on a PS5 and not an Xbox:
Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Godfall
Deathloop
Astro's Playroom
Bugsnax

New games I can play at launch on an Xbox and not a PS5:
Scorn
Tell Me Why

The only list that matters.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
If these were most of the launch titles for the next generation, which lineup would you prefer and why?

PS5
Spider-man Miles Morales
Kena
Godfall
Astro's Playroom
Deathloop
UFC 4
Outriders
NBA 2021
Madden 2021
Dirt 5

Xbox Series X
The Medium
Scorn
The Ascent
Yakuza 7
Gears Tactics
UFC 4
Outriders
NBA 2021
Madden 2021
Dirt 5

Xbox Series X.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Reminds me of the posts i made several months ago saying launch titles are usually shitty and not to expect much and everyone kept telling me i'm wrong and don't know what i'm talking about.

This has nothing to do with COVID, both companies just didn't properly ramp game production for next gen launch.

Both lists suck ass as a next gen offering... spiderman and Kena could both be shorter 8 hour games for all we know leaving us with a bunch of third party stuff that Xbox also has.

I wouldn't buy either system based on launch games alone, at this point it's pretty much what ecosystem you're already invested in.
Idk, I'm very excited for the PS5 launch, The Medium on Xbox looks good too IMO. Also when I buy consoles it's mainly for the future investment. You know the great games will come especially with PlayStation

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
As shit as both line ups are I’m surprised more people not getting both. I mean if you going to waste your money upgrading for no reason why not go all the way.

Last edited:

REDRZA MWS

For everyone with a decent pc the answer will always be the same: PS5 because exclusives, no xbox because I can play their games on PC.
If Microsoft stopped releasing their games for PC this poll would be more balanced.
How long will it take before this sinks in. Console sales and numbers are irrelevant to MS. You have a good PC? They already sold you a Windows 10 license, will be happy to sell you their games on PC where they will look and perform best, and if you want Gamepass, they will gladly sell you that too.

MS combing Xbox platform with PC TROUNCES the user base of PlayStation. The reason the old way of wanting to sell more boxes (at a loss or breaking even),was so you can sell software, that’s where they make their money.

Well MS now has a much larger install base (XB1, XB1X, XBSEX, possible Series S, and the millions of PC’s around the world). So MS doesn’t care if Playstation 5 outsells the series X 2 to 1. Because they trounce them overall with their multiple device totals, and their services are second to none. Live Gold, Gamepass, and soon to be a X cloud.

So Stan on, good warriors.

Edit: Great consumer practices like buy the game once play it on any of your devices, and cross play with their first party titles, greatly enhancing the community in each game is another great move. Haters can hate all they want, but Halo Infinite being cross play is going to be HUGE.

Last edited:
Top Bottom