• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If these are our launch titles which console would you choose?

Which lineup would you choose?

• 1. PS5

Votes: 182 73.4%
  • 2. Xbox Series X

Votes: 48 19.4%
  • 3. Both

Votes: 18 7.3%

• Total voters

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
If these were most of the launch titles for the next generation, which lineup would you prefer and why?

PS5
Spider-man Miles Morales
Kena
Godfall
Astro's Playroom
Watch Dogs: Legion
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Deathloop
UFC 4
Outriders
NBA 2021
Madden 2021
Dirt 5

Xbox Series X
The Medium
Scorn
The Ascent
Yakuza 7
Watch Dogs: Legion
Gears Tactics
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
UFC 4
Outriders
NBA 2021
Madden 2021
Dirt 5

Nankatsu

Yakuza 7 being there to make the XSX catalogue seem bigger makes me chuckle.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Falc67

PS5

Miles-Morales
NBA 2k21

Two most next gen looking games on that list, providing they both match what I’ve seen so far.

Spider-Man PS4 was one of my favourite PS4 games. Even if they had re-released the same game with the Miles Morales visuals, I would have chosen that over the other games there.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
You have to remember that PS5 will probably get enhanced versions of TLOUII and GoT. The Xbox is also going to have day-one support for Enhanced BC games to play.

Then we have the absolute beast in Cyberpunk which will be coming to both consoles. All in all, I think its going to be a lil dry on the exclusive front but the 3rd party will deliver.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Regardless of perceived quality, here's how the exclusive launch lineups shake out, SO FAR, whether or not they appear on the other machine later. Please quote with corrections, I'm just getting the info out there.

Not all games have confirmed dates.

New games I can play at launch on a Playstation and not an Xbox:
Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Godfall
Kena: Bridge of Spirits (Timed)
Astro's Playroom
Bugsnax
Deathloop

New games I can play at launch on an Xbox and not a Playstation:
Scorn
Halo
Tell Me Why
The Medium
The Ascent

Delayed: Halo, Deathloop, Kena

Last edited:

Aion002

Spider-man Miles Morales and Kena do look great. I'm warming up to Godfall too I think the last video sold me
When Godfall was announced I was hyped.... But with each gamplay video released the hype decreased.... It looks too floaty and wheightless to me. Hopefully there will be a beta or something.... I am still kinda interested...

Vawn

Banned
Kena is the best looking game so far. I'm looking forward to Spider-Man too. Godfall is looking better too.

Wasn't Bethesda's Deathloop a PS5 launch game too?

Last edited:

mejin

It is not just about launch titles, but PS5 has advantages all over 2021 too. Way more games and content made for PS5 next year.

Hobbygaming

Kena is the best looking game so far. I'm looking forward to Spider-Man too. Godfall is looking better too.

Wasn't Bethesda's Deathloop a PS5 launch game too?
Those are the ones I'm most interested in and yeah I think Deathloop is a launch title

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
It is not just about launch titles, but PS5 has advantages all over 2021 too. Way more games and content made for PS5 next year.

We have yet to find out all of the exclusivity deals Sony have made with 3rd party publishers.

Hobbygaming

Wait, how is Yakuza not on PS5?

Isn't it also on PS4?
I think Xbox got a weird next gen only timed exclusive deal on Yakuza 7. It's coming to the PS5 at a later date but it'll be on the PS4

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Why is there not a neither option?

giphy.gif

I'll pick up Spider-Man, Kenia, Cyberpunk 2077 and Assassin's Creed: Valhalla at launch. If Last of Us 2 gets a PS5 upgrade, I'll buy that game as well. More games than with previous launches. I'm ok with the lineup.

CAB_Life

Medium and Scorn for some good Geiger and cultish horror. Maybe the Ascent for some Diabloish fun. Plus ESO is getting a free next-gen upgrade and that’s the majority of what I play. Oh, and Gamepass, obviously, and whatever that brings each month.

Last edited:

Rob_27

I'd pick up the series X. I was going to anyway. Not interested in spiderman. I'm more of a freaky horror scorn guy. Shame its not a decent alien game.

Stuart360

Seen as though Scorn and The Medium are 2 of my most wanted games, right behind AC Valhalla, making my top 3 most wanted games, the answer is obvious. (if i was buying a console, i'm not).

Last edited:

DavidGzz

The Ascent, Scorn, and The Medium are the only standouts but I still chose both cause I'm no fanboy and won't be missing out on the option to play games as a gamer. I don't have a 2080ti so both consoles for sure.

NahaNago

We really need another state of play or xbox show to reveal what is actually coming out at launch for both consoles. Sony has a lot of ammo they can use for the ps5. Even upgraded ports of ps4 games like bloodborne, horizon zero dawn, last of us 2, days gone, or ghost of tsushima would sell a ton of consoles. They might not get a lot of money from them but folks would at least buy the ps5 to play those games

Esca

In looking forward to Spiderman MM, Kena, and Death Loop (ill give anything Arkane does a try, love their game). There may be more but these three i know I'll buy

spons

Gold Member
For everyone with a decent pc the answer will always be the same: PS5 because exclusives, no xbox because I can play their games on PC.
If Microsoft stopped releasing their games for PC this poll would be more balanced.
If Microsoft stopped releasing their games for PC I wouldn't play them.

Top Bottom