• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If these are our launch titles which console would you choose?

Which lineup would you choose?

• 1. PS5

Votes: 182 73.4%
  • 2. Xbox Series X

Votes: 48 19.4%
  • 3. Both

Votes: 18 7.3%

• Total voters

Quasicat

Not planning on either one of them this holiday due to financial reasons. That being said, Kena looks awesome and is coming to PS4 so that’s where I’ll play it. If money wasn’t an issue, I would still do Xbox. Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 will look next gen enough for me to get on board.

Rikoi

If Microsoft stopped releasing their games for PC I wouldn't play them.
Yes I'm sure many people would prefer to never play them, but personally that would lead me to buy an Xbox too because I'm sure I would love to try scorn, halo, fable, avowed, the medium.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Are you kidding me?

And people are out here throwing tantrums over Spiderman in avengers and potential timed exclusives for PS5?

Meanwhile these petty deals for Yakuza and Tetris exist?

The weird thing is: PS4 version will be released along with PC/Xbox One/XBox Series X version. Only PS5 version is delayed. But what's the point? The PS4 version will run in 4K on a PS4 Pro and PS5. Perhaps not in 60 fps like a real PS5 version, but is that really going to stop Yakuza fans from picking up the game on Playstation? If Yakuza PS4 supports PS5 boost mode, there's no need at all for a separate PS5 version.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
If these were most of the launch titles for the next generation, which lineup would you prefer and why?

PS5
Spider-man Miles Morales
Kena
Godfall
Astro's Playroom
Watch Dogs: Legion
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Deathloop
UFC 4
Outriders
NBA 2021
Madden 2021
Dirt 5

Xbox Series X
The Medium
Scorn
The Ascent
Yakuza 7
Watch Dogs: Legion
Gears Tactics
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
UFC 4
Outriders
NBA 2021
Madden 2021
Dirt 5
i would choose death because thats better than what PS5 and XSX are offering me.

LucidFlux

Hmmm, just going by this list I'm leaning towards PS5. I know Spider-man is huge for some folks but it's more of an icing on the cake for me. Kena, Godfall and deathloop win it for me. I'm not interested in sports or horror titles and haven't enjoyed an AC game in a long time. Outriders is another I may play but it's on both lists.

Patterson

The weird thing is: PS4 version will be released along with PC/Xbox One/XBox Series X version. Only PS5 version is delayed. But what's the point? The PS4 version will run in 4K on a PS4 Pro and PS5. Perhaps not in 60 fps like a real PS5 version, but is that really going to stop Yakuza fans from picking up the game on Playstation? If Yakuza PS4 supports PS5 boost mode, there's no need at all for a separate PS5 version.
That's good to know! I thought it was delayed for all of Playstation. Looks like I'll be able to day one that then. :messenger_savoring:

Stuart360

For everyone with a decent pc the answer will always be the same: PS5 because exclusives, no xbox because I can play their games on PC.
If Microsoft stopped releasing their games for PC this poll would be more balanced.
The poll would be the same, even if PS5 was launching with zero games. People just cant get out of console war mode and answer a hypothetical question based on the games listed in the OP.

Jokerevo

Banned
Ps5. X is DOA due to lack of exclusives.

I have a PC which enables me to experience a buffet of games for a tiny price and I do feel incredibly shitty considering those studios deserve to earn much more.

The X strategy is all wrong. By allowing their titles to go to PC means I have zero reason to upgrade.

DavidGzz

The poll would be the same, even if PS5 was launching with zero games. People just cant get out of console war mode and answer a hypothetical question based on the games listed in the OP.

Yep, it could be missing Spiderman and Kena and still be exactly the same.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I got a laptop that will play all the games I would actually pay money for better then either next gen system. So neither.

The biggest Sony only thing I want is spider man dlc for avengers, that’s fucking sad

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
But the PS4 version will be playable on the PS5? So there paying so the PS5 version doesn't get a patch? 🤯
That's the way it seems right now unless they're just late with announcing the patch but Xbox has been marketing Yakuza 7 lately

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
But the PS4 version will be playable on the PS5? So there paying so the PS5 version doesn't get a patch? 🤯

Of course it will PS5 compatible when the game launches in late November. PS5 compatibility testing is now a requirement of Sony's vertification process.

don't care for any of them tbh

but PS5 has extra power from PS4 and if they allow that to be used in VR games and Dreams, I'm in. If not, I'm holding to PS4 + psvr until something better appears, not necessarily by Sony

Last edited:

Rbk_3

What is the 3080ti's launch day lineup looking like? Any enhanced games?

Last edited:

Camreezie

Playstation 5 for Spiderman , Kena and Deathloop. I'm also carrying over from PS4. Scorn , The Medium and Yakuza 7 I would also buy day one if I was getting both.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
i would choose death because thats better than what PS5 and XSX are offering me.

RDGVp8X.jpg

Tulipanzo

The PS5's is actually quite great.

I liked the original Spiderman, but tbh I feel a smaller scale title, with less bloat, could be a much tighter, more focused experience.
I love Bugsnax as a concept, puzzle hunting is my shit, as is Astrobot. Godfall seems neat enough.
There's also the fact that basically everything at the PS5 Event seems slated for 2021. It's a staggeringly strong first year, beside launch.

The XSX by contrast has fuck all "for the next couple years".

Last edited:

Dthomp

Spiderman is the only game on either list that has sure fire hit all over it, and sadly I still don't view that title as a system seller. Unless we get a surprise this is gonna be one of the weakest launch lineups ever

MrFunSocks

Banned
Won’t be buying any launch games, will buy Xbox for backwards compatibility, controller, and preferring MS franchises to Sony’s.

also has there ever been a worse launch lineup than these? These consoles are either 2 years too late or 2 years early.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Both terrible, Spiderman could be fun though.
But Im not buying these consoles for their launch games.

GTA 6, God of War 2 and Naughty Dogs next game alone would make PS5 worth a purchase a for me though

Top Bottom