• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If rumors are true, what other studio to develop Halo

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Bo-Hazem.jpg

destiny-jump.gif
Now show raid report
Also, 211 hours is seriously low for a game like Destiny 2.

Last edited:

Ansphn

Phil Spencer literally killed Halo and Gears while he collects individual trophies for himself talking about 'we' create games to bring joy when he hasn't created shit. It's Sony, Nintendo, and 3rd party who does it. Phil taking credit while burying the 2 biggest franchises in Xbox history.

Last edited:
Definitely still is. Just look at how many threads over the past two years have been about Halo. Good or bad, Halo is on everyone's mind.
I dont think Halo is pulling the numbers once had.

in fact the rumor states:

"Halo Infinite largely missed its financial and overall goals".

not even in the top 10.
umSRUPk.jpg

in PC(steam)....
Sowrry....am i doing something wrong?
Halo Infintie game is not even in the top 100.

https://store.steampowered.com/charts/mostplaye

all the above considering is a free to play game.....ao yeah. Halo WAS big.

Graciaus

Any developer that actually listened to criticism could do a better job than 343. Their issue was they kept pushing their vision and almost no one wants that.

Gaelyon

Gold Member
MS should get Poncle to code the next Halo.
"Halo Suvivors" would be a good name, especially with the current state of the game.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Now show raid report

Also, 211 hours is seriously low for a game like Destiny 2.
I tossed 128 hours into the pirate season, I enjoyed the many first hours but I wouldn't touch it again even if I got paid for it.

It's a ok shooter but nothing special.

I just completed halo 1 to 4 which I really enjoyed. I can definitely feel why Bungie was considered good.

I'm doing halo 3 odst, which I don't like that much. It's OK but far from the best.
Had to Google it to see if it was 343i and not Bungie who made it since I felt the quality from that vs 4 was a insane drop

Seems like Bungie continued that road.

The Bungie magic is imo long gone, and destiny is just halo online only with bigger zones and a dull and forgettable lore.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I dont think Halo is pulling the numbers once had.

in fact the rumor states:

"Halo Infinite largely missed its financial and overall goals".

not even in the top 10.
umSRUPk.jpg

in PC(steam)....
Sowrry....am i doing something wrong?
Halo Infintie game is not even in the top 100.

https://store.steampowered.com/charts/mostplaye

all the above considering is a free to play game.....ao yeah. Halo WAS big.
They just need to put out good content. People are still hungry for Halo.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
The Bungie magic is imo long gone, and destiny is just halo online only with bigger zones and a dull and forgettable lore.
You don't know what you are talking about. Destiny was inspired by Phantasy Star Online
Ax3XiBX.jpeg
I just completed halo 1 to 4 which I really enjoyed. I can definitely feel why Bungie was considered good.

I'm doing halo 3 odst, which I don't like that much. It's OK but far from the best.
Had to Google it to see if it was 343i and not Bungie who made it since I felt the quality from that vs 4 was a insane drop

Seems like Bungie continued that road.
ODST was made by a small team. Halo Reach is still the best single player campaign Bungie has made, and probably the best single player FPS campaign. Also, ODST was amazing.
I tossed 128 hours into the pirate season, I enjoyed the many first hours but I wouldn't touch it again even if I got paid for it.
Destiny end game like the Raids and Dungeons are still the best PvE online content I have played. When I played D1 Vault of Glass, I knew this game was going to be amazing.

Kacho

Obviously id would be amazing but I don’t want them to neglect Doom or Quake for fucking Halo. No thanks.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Ken Levine and his team. HALO would become a horror game of sorts.

Just take MS money and get Camack and Romero in a room, give them a team. Film it.

Maybe Warren Spector?

I must admit, though I think 343 is doing fine, handing Halo to id is an interesting proposition. What would it even look like? They don't really do open world games, but I think they could do something similar to the original Halo in scope.

The gameplay would be on point.

I spread my seeds.
You ment to say eggs….. right :/

Just give me a single player story about a lost ODST squad/soldier somewhere on the outer rim of the Milky Way dealing with the flood and coming face to face with the Primordial. Add a little horror to the mix and developed by Arkane.
Can easily do anything with the story line and self contained because this soldier/squad would be the only living beings to witness it.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
You don't know what you are talking about. Destiny was inspired by Phantasy Star Online
I don't care what they are inspired about, the content looks like Halo.

Try Google destiny looks and plays like Halo.

Theres plenty of comparisons between the two.
I don't know what your platform play is but ny guess is you hate Halo because its xbox and destiny is cool cus it has nothing to do with Xbox.

The gunplay is the same. The low gravity jump is the same.
They feel like playing the same game in that regards.

The only difference is larger open maps and more pve oriented.

But they still feel like the same.

Destiny end game like the Raids and Dungeons are still the best PvE online content I have played. When I played D1 Vault of Glass, I knew this game was going to be amazing.
My guess if you don't have a PC, because what destiny does on console is unique to the platform, but with pc having a ton of online games, then destiny's pve end game isn't anything special.

You can easily tell that destiny was the direction Bungie wanted to go with halo.

Since they weren't allowed, they made their own halo online game.

Last edited:

SpokkX

I think they will contract Ubi soft far cry teams. This would make sense for MS even though I personally dont think it would be a good idea

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Lol at Bungie, at this point must be the most overrated studio of all time. Old Halo fans act like the original series had no flaws and that destiny is some 20 out of 10 game.

Even more sad is the "halo is dead" comments, these people clearly have no clue.

Banned
01011001 01011001 this news strangely coincides with Microsoft closing in to buy Activision. Which Activision studio do you think is best fit for Halo?

High Moon Studios.

they helped with Destiny 2, they developed Darkwatch, and are a helper studio for CoD.

they also developed the more recent Transformers games like War for Cybertron and it's sequel Fall of Cybertron.

they also made Deadpool I guess...

it's IMO a studio like that is needed, one that makes shooters and a variety of them as well, that isn't quite AAA but has been shown to be able to make quality products.

and since they worked on Destiny 2 they basically already had some contact to Halo given that Destiny 2 still runs on a modified Halo Reach engine and the basic gunplay is basically the same as Reach.

Bungie wasn't a gigantic studio when they started to make Halo, just a bunch of people who like making games that got a decent budget and delivered a good game.
so big AAA studios should not be considered imo unless it's someone like iD

Last edited:

gothmog

Gold Member
Release the source and let the community have a crack at it at this point. Netcode will probably get better in like a week.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Let Bungie handle it and under Sony's leadership and expertise transform Halo into a third-person-over-the-shoulder-narrative-driven-action-game. Think God of War 2018 basically but with more purple and green.

6 Month console exclusive to PS5.

Last edited:
Well fist they need 2 different devs, one for campaign and another for multiplayer, the fact they have not that all ready, just shows how bad ms management is, halo is not cod, where the campaign is just a afterthought,

Rambotito

Why not Naughty Dog? They could be a good dark horse candidate (oops, did I say "dark" horse?)
Master Chief : "I need a weapon "
POC lCortana : "How about a bigot sandwich instead?"

Top Bottom