• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If rumors are true, what other studio to develop Halo

Bo_Hazem

Banned
blown. the. fuck. out.
Anyway, give the IP to a studio that actually wants to work on it. There's no need to force ID Software to make Halo games if they don't want to, for example. If they do, then great.

Thats It Martin Short GIF by PBS SoCal

I think a proper studio with a reboot would work wonders with more freedom.

Wait 5 yrs, then reboot as HALO. Opening scene with Cortana waking up MC from cryo sleep explaining to him that there was a virus in the system and he may have hallucinated some shit during cryo.
Turn it into a 3rd person cinematic action game, open world with fetch quests and walking. Get Cody Balrog to direct.

DragonNCM

blown. the. fuck. out.
Anyway, give the IP to a studio that actually wants to work on it. There's no need to force ID Software to make Halo games if they don't want to, for example. If they do, then great.
We already have transformation from Halo MC to Halo Doom guy...with halo infinite :)

aries_71

Let Bungie handle it and under Sony's leadership and expertise transform Halo into a third-person-over-the-shoulder-narrative-driven-action-game. Think God of War 2018 basically but with more purple and green.

6 Month console exclusive to PS5.
Who is going to be kid in this? I mean a Sony game without a father/son theme would be lacking.

Last edited:

Banned
Who is going to be kid in this? I mean a Sony game without a father/son theme would be lacking.

343 Guilty Spark will constantly fly next to you and tell you which weapons to use in each situation. if you continue to use a different weapon the game will be paused and he will angrily tell you to use the damnnweapon he's telling you to use!

(this is is a real thing that happens in Ghost of Tsushima btw. just not with weapons but with stances)

Perrott

Gold Member
Buy Casey Hudson's studio and tell him to begin preparations for a Halo reboot to kick off full production as soon as he finishes his current RPG project, and make sure it comes out just in time for the launch of the next generation Xbox console(s).

That's not gonna happen, it'll probably be Certain Affinity.

Last edited:

vj27

Banned
I dont think Halo is pulling the numbers once had.

in fact the rumor states:

"Halo Infinite largely missed its financial and overall goals".

not even in the top 10.
umSRUPk.jpg

in PC(steam)....
Sowrry....am i doing something wrong?
Halo Infintie game is not even in the top 100.

https://store.steampowered.com/charts/mostplaye

all the above considering is a free to play game.....ao yeah. Halo WAS big.
Probably because halo’s draw is MP and it was free… but what do I know, with my common sense and all.

With gamepass this is the first halo game I haven’t bought, and I got the legendary edition with chief and Locke for 5 still on my shelf lol. I love the campaign but we all know the bread and butter of halo is MP, an starting with like 20 mill players to 10,000+ and some change on a good day (counting Xbox and pc) it’s clearly not going to pull those battle passes and cosmetic sales they thought they’d get.

The thing is the MP still remains beyond solid, best MP in a halo game since 3, there just ain’t shit to do in it. Hence why they’re doubling down on MP and with Piere at the lead (the guy who saved the worst video game launch in history aka MCC) there’s a pretty solid chance infinites MP can still stick around or rebound. Just pains me we won’t see any Joe Staten campaign DLC’s 🥲, cuz as you put it. It wasn’t successful enough to warrant that, they need to stick to what they have and not chase something that might not have the return there expecting.

Also I’m glad this is stopping the 10 year infinite plan, shit was dumb as hell to begin with. I remember seeing everyone theorize that we could have other studios make spin offs while 343 drops campaign dlc and we’re gonna get that now lol.

Edit: oh you WERE talking about player count lol nvm on the campaign bit then. It’s in the top 20 right now behind fifa, for Xbox that is. It was higher when forge dropped but that kinda just proves my point, there ain’t shit to do in the game. Even my hardcore halo self can’t just endlessly play the same maps and modes forever.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I think they should scrap Halo. They don't know what they are doing. Maybe bring it back in 15-20 years if they get their shit together.

halo infinites multiplayer has just got so better and is a really great place, and some of the new content coming out is amazing....i dont see the issue.

Wait 5 yrs, then reboot as HALO. Opening scene with Cortana waking up MC from cryo sleep explaining to him that there was a virus in the system and he may have hallucinated some shit during cryo.
Turn it into a 3rd person cinematic action game, open world with fetch quests and walking. Get Cody Balrog to direct.
fetch quests and walking....wtf are you thinking that sounds boring as fuck.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
you’ve only played for 9 days straight this year you filthy causal

Pure cope.

I thought your original point was that Bo hadn’t actually committed to play the game?
You know I posted his raid report to clarify myself
This guy used to basically hate Destiny and LOL react to anyone defending them. Now, suddenly with the Bungie acquisition did a full 180 and became a "fan". For someone committing himself to be a shill, he barely did any of the endgame activities.
I really want to see one of these new shills to commit themselves to this game. And theres a lot of them. No need to pretend they are not Banjo64 Banjo64 .
image.png

shut that lil arse up
Just reaching the light level cap is kinda a disservice to such a massive game. And if you played it you will know 200 hours is barely scratching the surface, especially if you want to shill this game so hard.

VAVA Mk2

No it wouldn't . PG has never made any FPS or MP FPS . Vanquish is nothing like Halo and if someone thought it is , then they don't know Halo .
I have been playing Halo since I was 17 and CE came out along with XBox. A different genre or take on a different character/characters in the universe could be fresh.

Rickyiez

I have been playing Halo since I was 17 and CE came out along with XBox. A different genre or take on a different character/characters in the universe could be fresh.
Do you exclusively play Campaign only ? Because I only play MP and I would never want a Japanese game company anywhere near that , let alone a sinking one

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Whomever they give it to, it just needs an old school high action high octane thrill ride for the single player missions. Doesn't need open world, heavy emphasis on graphics, explosions, and fighting. If they had Activision I suspect they would be working on it.......

Bo_Hazem

Banned
You know I posted his raid report to clarify myself

This guy used to basically hate Destiny and LOL react to anyone defending them. Now, suddenly with the Bungie acquisition did a full 180 and became a "fan". For someone committing himself to be a shill, he barely did any of the endgame activities.
I really want to see one of these new shills to commit themselves to this game. And theres a lot of them. No need to pretend they are not Banjo64 Banjo64 .
image.png

Just reaching the light level cap is kinda a disservice to such a massive game. And if you played it you will know 200 hours is barely scratching the surface, especially if you want to shill this game so hard.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom