• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Microsoft were to acquire Sega.

The Alien

Banned
I don't think that would make sense... Making Sega games exclusives wouldn't kill the brand in Japan or anywhere, it would only make Xbox stronger, console loyalty doesn't exist for most people....
It will significanly diversify and bolster Microsoft's GamePass library.

Huge for markets in Asia (especially Japan) where consoles continually are losing ground to mobile and PC.

Is it wednesday?

tenor.gif

HELL YEAH IT IS!

Interfectum

They need publisher like Sega, IMO. They currently have a lot of western influenced RPG and shooter overlap and could use both a Japanese and a family influence.

Last edited:

SNG32

They need publisher like Sega, IMO. They currently have a lot of western influenced RPG and shooter overlap and could use both a Japanese and a family influence.

Honestly Microsoft needs to just focus on western developers. Since America is there strongest market. It’s too late at this point to compete with Nintendo or hell even Sony to cater to the Japanese market. Most people even on the west usually play Japanese titles on either Sony, Nintendo or PC. Most people don’t even care to play Japanese titles on Xbox.

The ones that do are a minority or will just get one of the 3 platforms I listed above.

Last edited:

vypermajik

How many times am I going to see this posted?

LOL

I don't think it will happen. Sega and Nintendo have a really solid working relationship, I can't see Xbox getting in between that. But what do I know.

Mr.ODST

How many times am I going to see this posted?

LOL

I don't think it will happen. Sega and Nintendo have a really solid working relationship, I can't see Xbox getting in between that. But what do I know.
Don't know if you have noticed Banjo and Steve in Smash, including when MS & Nintendo did an advert together showing off crossplay and how to do it to spite Sony.

Seems MS & Nintendo have a good relationship

Vestal

Gold Member
This feels like it has been in the making since 99 and the Dreamcast running on Microsoft CE. We had hints of it when Xbox released originally, but eventually all of that died down.

Honestly, it feels....
Avengers Endgame GIF

Mr.ODST

SEGA have some good IP's for some potential exclusive RPG's which would be nice

Plus Sonic and Master Chief facing off against Shadow

Last edited:

HE1NZ

Banned
I really don't want Microsoft to buy Sega. Enough is enough. They're great now, but at some point Based Phil will be replaced by some corporate douche who will change course and ruin all these brands. I think Sega is doing alright as independent.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
SEGA have some good IP's for some potential exclusive RPG's which would be nice

Plus Sonic and Master Chief facing off against Shadow

Yeah I mean with MS funding a new PhantasyStar 5 it could be huge...

some ideas:

Golden axe : MMO
Panzer Dragoon : Action/Adventur
Shinning Force 4
Skies of Arcadia 2
Shinobi Reboot : Souls Like / Action

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Don't know.....let me check Photo Mode
Wednesday

MonarchJT

Banned
That's a racial stereotype.... reported!
Your was an absolutely fanboy comment igniting partisan wars which should be at least reported if not even worse banned. What you wrote goes against any law of the market and what moves the industry ...precisely the "video games". You associate your partisan hatred of a company with the world of video games ... and no, only a fool would think that no one, only because it is not branded with the brand you prefer, would buy a console where there are the vast majority of games. a fool or a fanboy.

ps. read the rules of the forum before start warring

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Your was an absolutely fanboy comment igniting partisan wars which should be at least reported if not even worse banned. What you wrote goes against any law of the market and what moves the industry ...precisely the "video games". You associate your partisan hatred of a company with the world of video games ... and no, only a fool would think that no one, only because it is not branded with the brand you prefer, would buy a console where there are the vast majority of games. a fool or a fanboy.

ps. read the rules of the forum before start warring
It was a joke.... FFS

I never report anyone unless it's extreme.

Top Bottom