• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If exclusives are counter to what gaming is about; is the PS5 getting future Bethesda games (after Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo)? Poll inside!

Will future Bethesda games (after Deathloop and Ghostwire) release on the Playstation platform?

• Total voters

Azurro

Banned
Probably not, but I do think it's curious that they mentioned they'll decide on a game to game basis, so I'm assuming at least a few will make it to PS5. Will it be the biggest titles while the mid tier ones don't make it? Or the other way around? Who knows, but if they were going to be definitely exclusive to Xbox/PC, they would have already said it.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I'm here for the salt, but I don't see why anyone thinks Phil Spencer would lie.

However I could see future games like es6 be exclusive, but to be honest I doubt it. Microsoft seems to be more interested in selling software and subscriptions instead of consoles.
My favourite is when Bryank75 Bryank75 calls Microsoft "Spiteful" for their recent actions.

Imagine being a grown as man and thinking this aquisition was spiteful haha.

I hope future games go to PS5 same day. In saying that I can understand if Microsoft don't want to.

Hey now, did your parents never learn you not to make assumptions?
You don't know if Bryank75 Bryank75 is grown, let alone an ass man.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Probably not, but I do think it's curious that they mentioned they'll decide on a game to game basis, so I'm assuming at least a few will make it to PS5. Will it be the biggest titles while the mid tier ones don't make it? Or the other way around? Who knows, but if they were going to be definitely exclusive to Xbox/PC, they would have already said it.
Aren't those ES Online and Fallout 76 games F2P now?

If so, I see these kinds of games being multiplat on as many platforms that can run it, as it's purely a microtrans grab and I dont think any console gamer considers any F2P game as a make or breaker.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
Aren't those ES Online and Fallout 76 games F2P now?

If so, I see these kinds of games being multiplat on as many platforms that can run it.

Yeah, that's a possibility, maybe future GAAS will be multiplatform. I suppose they want to balance generating income from the acquisition while also creating exclusive games for Gamepass, that's why I'm not completely sure the biggest games won't make it to PS5.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
I'm here for the salt, but I don't see why anyone thinks Phil Spencer would lie.

However I could see future games like es6 be exclusive, but to be honest I doubt it. Microsoft seems to be more interested in selling software and subscriptions instead of consoles.

Hey now, did your parents never learn you not to make assumptions?
You don't know if Bryank75 Bryank75 is grown, let alone an ass man.

Shame me moooore!

Reindeer

Phil wasn't talking about first party titles so this thread is pointless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sejan

Yeah, that's a possibility, maybe future GAAS will be multiplatform. I suppose they want to balance generating income from the acquisition while also creating exclusive games for Gamepass, that's why I'm not completely sure the biggest games won't make it to PS5.
I think it would be silly not to release GAAS as multiplatform. They do best with the widest possible audience and aren’t likely to be system sellers.
My assumption would be that games that have typically been huge sellers (Elder Scrolls), would eventually come to PS5 to maximize their investment. I’d guess it would either be a case of timed exclusives or free on game pass. Smaller games like prey and dishonored would be more likely stay exclusive.

M16

Sony probably sent those feelers out to buy exclusives a while ago. Which is why they have a number of exclusives ready to go for this gen. This could be Microsoft's reaction to a competitor trying to buy them out of the market. To me this explains why Microsoft CEOs even getting involved in the conversation. Basically like, okay so you're trying to buy exclusives from third parties to hedge us out of the market. We will just buy the third parties.
No. Microsoft has been trying to buy Bethesda for 2 years. The deals always fell through until recently. Reported by Ryan McCaffrey of IGN

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
I mean... the Switch is getting XBOX games so why wouldn't they also come to PlayStation?
It's also hard to call a game "exclusive" when it also releases on PC.
Because Sony is already the market leader. Microsoft isnt going to help them do the same thing next gen.

Gavon West

As long as they are making consoles, they are rivals. As long as they are pulling content from PS, they show that they consider themselves as rivals.
Hard disagree there. This kind of move is beyond what Sony was trying to do with locking down 3rd parties. That was kids play. Microsoft picked up an entire publishing arm and bought the lot. You dont do that for a company like Sony. You do that for juggernauts like Amazon, Tencent and Google.

Reactions: M16

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I'm here for the salt & lols. OPs is really making it pay off. Good job Knitted Knight Knitted Knight your comedy is super entertaining.

Let's make it simple; NO, Xbox 1st party games will not be on PlayStation consoles and all your whining, crying and twisting semantics isn't going to make it happen

Edit: to add a , for Clear Clear

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Hard disagree there. This kind of move is beyond what Sony was trying to do with locking down 3rd parties. That was kids play. Microsoft picked up an entire publishing arm and bought the lot. You dont do that for a company like Sony. You do that for juggernauts like Amazon, Tencent and Google.
I'm glad that it impressed you.

Good games impress me and Xbox still doesn't have any IMO.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Let's make it simple; NO Xbox 1st party games will not be on PlayStation consoles and all your whining, crying and twisting semantics isn't going to make it happen

I think you need to add a comma or some other punctuation in after the NO if you're trying to say what I think you're trying to say. As it stands that sentence is far from simple in that it could be read in two contradictory ways thanks to the double-negative.

Last edited:

Gavon West

Sony probably sent those feelers out to buy exclusives a while ago. Which is why they have a number of exclusives ready to go for this gen. This could be Microsoft's reaction to a competitor trying to buy them out of the market. To me this explains why Microsoft CEOs even getting involved in the conversation. Basically like, okay so you're trying to buy exclusives from third parties to hedge us out of the market. We will just buy the third parties.
$7.5 billion isnt an emotional decision. Although, I kinda saw it that way too, to a certain degree. Sony has a habit of buying a bunch of 3rd party games to try and starve out their competition. This time they got drop kicked in the fucking head about it. And Microsoft isnt done either. Nadella himself said they werent done.

Gavon West

Wrong. They said they will honor the contracts in place, just the same way they said it when they bought Obsidian, NT InXile and others. After the contracts are up, the gig is up.

Stuart360

I'm bored of saying this but i'll give my opinion again. Imo the only way Bethesda games will come to PS5 is if Sony allows Gamepass onto PS5. I wouldnt be surprised if Phil has already told Jimbo this.
Can you really see that happening though?, Sony allowing Xbox game service on Playstation?, i cant.

Gavon West

I'm bored of saying this but i'll give my opinion again. Imo the only way Bethesda games will come to PS5 is if Sony allows Gamepass onto PS5. I wouldnt be surprised if Phil has already told Jimbo this.
Can you really see that happening though?, Sony allowing Xbox game service on Playstation?, i cant.
Seriously. These guys are basically saying, Phil went up in the roost like, "Man! I feel like spending $7.5 billion dollars on a publisher to share with Sony! I mean, like, they already kicked our ass this gen. I need to learn my lesson and help em do it again!!"

Lol

CatLady

No. Microsoft has been trying to buy Bethesda for 2 years. The deals always fell through until recently. Reported by Ryan McCaffrey of IGN

While the deal has been in the works for quite some time, I think with Sony already locking up 2 Bethesda games with pretty hefty timed exclusivity and rumored to be trying to get exclusivity on Starfield, MS might have suddenly come to the negotiation table a lot more flexible.

It would have sucked if Sony got Starfield in their 3rd party moneyhatting frenzy.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Seriously. These guys are basically saying, Phil went up in the roost like, "Man! I feel like spending $7.5 billion dollars on a publisher to share with Sony! I mean, like, they already kicked our ass this gen. I need to learn my lesson and help em do it again!!"

Lol
At the end of the day, if Microsoft had any intention of putting games on Playstation, Halo: MCC would already be there. Millions sold on Xbox, and 4-5mil sold on Steam in 9 months. Its not rocket science here.
Yes the Besthesda deal is big money, but its still pocket change to microsoft, and there are more Xbox + PC users than there will ever be PS5 users. Microsoft need people to buy Xbox so they can get Gamepass and other services. Gsames like Fallout and Elder Scrolls, and Doom will shift Xbox's a lot.

Gavon West

While the deal has been in the works for quite some time, I think with Sony already locking up 2 Bethesda games with pretty hefty timed exclusivity and rumored to be trying to get exclusivity on Starfield, MS might have suddenly come to the negotiation table a lot more flexible.

It would have sucked if Sony got Starfield in their 3rd moneyhatting frenzy.
Thats how Sony rolls. But if Sony is thinking of buying someone else, that just keeps MS in the ring and they can out spend Sony 10x over.

lol

There is no fucking way elder scrolls, or starfield or future fallout games are coming to playstation....you're nuts if you think otherwise, unless, the new xbox absolutely flops hard, even then it's doubtful.

Stuart360

lol

There is no fucking way elder scrolls, or starfield or future fallout games are coming to playstation....you're nuts if you think otherwise, unless, the new xbox absolutely flops hard, even then it's doubtful.
Yep. Gampass on PS5, or XSX flopping so hard that even XB1 is laughing, and i very much doubt thats going to happen.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Once Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo release, that will be the end of Bethesda's games on PS4/PS5 unless it's an Elder Scrolls Online or a Fallout 76 type game. Their main franchises in which the vast majority of them are single player focused will stay exclusive to Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, PC and X-Cloud as they should.

Game Pass isn't as enticing as it is if Microsoft's first party games all end up being multi-platform. It's all about eco-system and the best way to get people into it is by having exclusive games that you can't play on Sony, Nintendo or Google.

Before the Bethesda acquisition, I was anticipating having at least 10 first party exclusives that I want to play and complete but now, I have increased that to at least 15. So freaking hyped!!!

Hoping for Techland, The Astronauts and Asobo Studio next!!!

As for Sony, im hoping they acquire Bluepoint Games and Housemarque if they haven't already.

NEXT GENERATION is still 7 weeks away but holy hell, it's already looking fucking amazing!!!

CatLady

How does it enhance, when those games were always going to be on Xbox?

Since you are always extolling the virtues of keeping Sony 1st party games ONLY on PS5 as opposed to putting them on all platforms, please explain how that enhances the PS5 since even if they were on every other platform they would still always be on PS5.

Last edited:

CatLady

Pete hines stating they retain publishing rights just makes it seem obvious to me that titles will hit playstation. Regardless MS will profit . What do shareholders care If the money is coming from Sony's consumers. Its all funneling back to MS.

Sony Bros ITT you need to get past the denial stage and start accepting reality

denial.png

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
He will present a streaming or GamePass app for PlayStation. Of course, Sony will tell him to piss off. Then Phil will say, "we tried, but Sony is blocking these games from reaching your system." It's a win-win for Microsoft. PlayStation players will want GamePass, just like they wanted EA Play. Sony will be the bad guy.

Bryank75

Banned
Since you are always extolling the virtues of keeping Sony 1st party games ONLY on PS5 as opposed to putting them on all platforms, please explain how that enhances the PS5 since even if they were on every other platform they would still always be on PS5.
Are you not afraid that this (buying Zeni) will cause a reaction that is.... not beneficial for your platform?

Stuart360

Are you not afraid that this (buying Zeni) will cause a reaction that is.... not beneficial for your platform?
Zenimax's 8 studios probably have a couple of games in development each, if not over 20. Those 20 games alone will wipe that 7bil out when taking into account Xbox and PC sales, Fallout 4 alone made $750mil in its first 24 hours.
It will take a little longer than if the games were also on PS5, but its still going to happen, then all future games after that is just gravy.

Last edited:

CatLady

Not at all. We Xbox fans on GAF are used to it, we have to look at the drivel spewed daily by your Sony Brethren. Besides the reactions seem quite positive from anyone that doesn't actively despise Xbox. Seeing a LOT of former PS5 only saying they are considering switching to Xbox or buying both. That indicates to me that NOT putting Xbox exclusives on PS5makes sense.

I do believe ESO and FO76 will remain on PS5 because like Minecraft they were there before Xbox bought Zenimax. I think if Beth makes any f2p games they might also show up on PS5. Xbox might even put a few select games on Nintendo, and I think that's what "other consoles on a case by case basis" refers to. But any other Exbox 1st party games on PS5, I don't see that happening and I'm sure you of all people understand why.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Not at all. We Xbox fans on GAF are used to it, we have to look at the drivel spewed daily by your Sony Brethren. Besides the reactions seem quite positive from anyone that doesn't actively despise Xbox. Seeing a LOT of former PS5 only saying they are considering switching to Xbox or buying both. That indicates to me that NOT putting Xbox exclusives on PS5makes sense.

I do believe ESO and FO76 will remain on PS5 because like Minecraft they were there before Xbox bought Zenimax. I think if Beth makes any f2p games they might also show up on PS5. Xbox might even put a few select games on Nintendo, and I think that's what "other consoles on a case by case basis" refers to. But any other Exbox 1st party games on PS5, I don't see that happening and I'm sure you of all people understand why.
Can you give me a list of names of people considering changing? Addresses if possible..

Gavon West

Before you post some redundant shit like this, make sure you know what you're talking about. Phil confirmed Starfield as an Xbox exclusive on CNBC and a couple other channels.

They will keep current contracts in place with Sony. If you're expecting them to spend that amount of money only to help the market leader become market leader again in a brand new generation, you're dreaming. The only way anyone will see the other titles on their system is if its through Gamepass. Don't kid yourself. You'll only end up disappointed.

Azurro

Banned
Before you post some redundant shit like this, make sure you know what you're talking about. Phil confirmed Starfield as an Xbox exclusive on CNBC and a couple other channels.

They will keep current contracts in place with Sony. If you're expecting them to spend that amount of money only to help the market leader become market leader again in a brand new generation, you're dreaming. The only way anyone will see the other titles on their system is if its through Gamepass. Don't kid yourself. You'll only end up disappointed.

Wow, so aggressive, you should learn to take this less seriously, you sound like an angry 10 year old, chill. It's only videogames buddy, you don't personally win anything even if Xbox sells more.

By the way, it's only speculation based on what he said, and that doesn't rule out other games coming out. Otherwise he would have confirmed all Bethesda games will be exclusive from now on.

Gavon West

Wow, so aggressive, you should learn to take this less seriously, you sound like an angry 10 year old, chill. It's only videogames buddy, you don't personally win anything even if Xbox sells more.

By the way, it's only speculation based on what he said, and that doesn't rule out other games coming out. Otherwise he would have confirmed all Bethesda games will be exclusive from now on.
You're right, champ. My bad. I get like that when I'm faced with ignorance or just plain dumb responses like the one you made. Alls forgiven though. I forgive you.

As far as exclusivity, that's a wrap, bud. Believe what you want. Just don't say I didn't tell you so.

Azurro

Banned
You're right, champ. My bad. I get like that when I'm faced with ignorance or just plain dumb responses like the one you made. Alls forgiven though. I forgive you.

As far as exclusivity, that's a wrap, bud. Believe what you want. Just don't say I didn't tell you so.

You seem to have some mental issues, are you ok?

wolffy71

Banned
To me it looks like Amazons Luna is gonna be the final blow to the idea of any Bethesda games coming to PS5. We know that MS has said they view amazon, apple, and google are the main threats. And as such the only real move is to make their platform have as much exclusive content as possible. Fully expect an arms race for content very soon if its not already underway behind closed doors.

Top Bottom