• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If BloodBorne sequel was announced, but was multiplat, would you care and why?

If BloodBorne sequel was announced, but was multiplat, would you care and why?

• Total voters

S73v3

Banned
Just gimme. I don't care what game from which platform goes to everything. Only fanboys care.

Really? Patched or unpatched? It's 30 on Xbox. The digital version at least. Gonna have to rebuy it on Playstation if true!

There is video of it somewhere on digital foundry of the game running well enough to claim "locked" 60

Orpheum

Not gonna happen. If they make a remaster it would not be free. Only thing they could do and should do for free, is unlock the framerate and let PS5 players play at 60 fps using the BC. That would automatic fix the framepacing issues that are still present on Bloodborne.
The issue with BB is froms trash coding. Physics are tied to the framerate so unlocking it would completely break the game. They fixed it with DS3 so that's why it runs at 60fps on PS5

Last edited:

S73v3

Banned
The issue with BB is froms trash coding. Physics are tied to the framerate so unlocking it would completely break the game. They fixed it with DS3 so that's why it runs 6 60fps on PS5
If lance mcdonald's or whomever can rig ~60fps on homebrew, I'm sure a team of 5 people from sony/fromsoft with documents can give us something.

Last edited:

Orpheum

If lance mcdonald's or whomever can rig ~60fps on homebrew, I'm sure a team of 5 people from sony/fromsoft with documents can give us something.
Sure if they cared about it. Believe me i'd love to see it. It's one of my favorite games of all time

Azurro

Banned
Title says it all. I was thinking about this recently because with the new consoles, it's possible that making the sequel multiplat would make financial sense given that Sony or Microsoft don't fund the development themselves. This early in a console generation exclusives are great but I think the developer would benefit from the game being on more platforms.

What makes you think Sony doesn't fund the development of their own games? I mean, I don't want to be snarky, but it's not like they pay their dev studios with peanuts. :)

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
If you care that some corporation releases media on other platforms in addition to the one you use you're some kind of retarded troglodyte.

Mozzarella

It would be a good thing.
Making one of the most beloved games available for everybody is actually a good move. I will like the idea.

cudiye

Dont talk to me bout bloodborne 2 without from/sony releasing a 60fps patch for bloodborne on ps5. Smh

But we both know damn well why it hasnt gotten a 60fps patch cuz they remaking the damn game for it to be a ps6 launch title. And i’ll be there day one smh

Jigsaah

Gold Member
What makes you think Sony doesn't fund the development of their own games? I mean, I don't want to be snarky, but it's not like they pay their dev studios with peanuts. :)
It's hypothetical, Bob. Don't look to deep into it.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I want the sequel.

And I'm gonna be honest, and I'm probably gonna get scolded for it. But I already thought the first one was overdoing it on the graphical side. So it likely won't matter to me if one version has a few more rollable rocks than another.

I just would like the developer to expand on the imaginations. And that could be done on the Switch for all I care.

Azurro

Banned
It's hypothetical, Bob. Don't look to deep into it.

It doesn't say it in your post, or at least it doesn't read that way. But fair enough, though it's about as valid a question as "if the moon was made of cheese, which variety would it be and what would be tastier?". :)

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
I wouldn't mind either way, but it really doesn't need a sequel. I'd prefer FROM to keep doing one-off Souls-likes instead of direct sequels.

Reactions: MrS

Banned
You're saying all exclusives are bad and are not important to consoles? Interesting.

no I didn't say that, they are important for the platform holder, not for the consumer.

so the consumer shouldn't want to restrict the access of a title

Of course people would play it if the quality was still intact, but acting like being exclusive doesn't matter is foolish isn't it? Even if the quality of the game was the exact same and it turned out great, being exclusive carries weight. Maybe not with the game itself all of the time, but it certainly gives a system more punch and distinctiveness. There is a reason people constantly port beg for things that aren't on their preferred platform, and it isn't always about power.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Of course people would play it if the quality was still intact, but acting like being exclusive doesn't matter is foolish isn't it? Even if the quality of the game was the exact same and it turned out great, being exclusive carries weight. Maybe not with the game itself all of the time, but it certainly gives a system more punch and distinctiveness. There is a reason people constantly port beg for things that aren't on their preferred platform, and it isn't always about power.
Seems most folks wouldn't care. It'll never happen this way, to be clear, as I learned Bloodborne is a Sony IP. Even still, absolutely you're right exclusives only really matter to the platform and to the platforms fanbase who cares about their success. I'm not saying I don't care about Sony's success, I just don't of it from a fan's perspective. It's possible maybe I chose the wrong game as some folks are pointing out why it would never happen, which has validity. I can't think of a 3rd party game Sony doesn't own that holds the amount of popularity that Bloodborne does though.

Seems most folks wouldn't care. It'll never happen this way, to be clear, as I learned Bloodborne is a Sony IP. Even still, absolutely you're right exclusives only really matter to the platform and to the platforms fanbase who cares about their success. I'm not saying I don't care about Sony's success, I just don't of it from a fan's perspective. It's possible maybe I chose the wrong game as some folks are pointing out why it would never happen, which has validity. I can't think of a 3rd party game Sony doesn't own that holds the amount of popularity that Bloodborne does though.
I don't really think it matters to be honest. You gave a hypothetical example of a beloved, popular title. Everyone can say what they want, but knowing a game you want to play is coming to a system you own (without owning everything) matters. Most people don't own every system plus some hyper build of a PC, so a hype ass game coming to your system of choice absolutely matters. It matters even more so if it's exclusive. Just how much is a matter of subjectivity, but let a hype ass trailer drop and not name a platform you own at the end, and tell me you aren't disappointed to some degree. What if tomorrow new footage of P.T. drops and at the end it says "Stadia Exclusive"? Does it not matter all of a sudden? People could post whatever they want, but the huge thread that would follow would show just how much it matters.

Royal-Slime

Banned
It doesn't need a sequel.
It needs to remain a ps5 exclusive so we get dualsense controls. And take full advantage of the ssd
DualSense controls are not just in Sony exclusives. Balan Wonderworld will have it even though the game is coming out on PS4, Switch and Xbox, I think? Then there's shooters which will 100% utilize it. It's a new standard and Xbox will follow soon.

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
Bloodborne exclusivity was a thing because dumb Japs cut a deal with Sony before the prepare to die edition exploded on PC increasing the fanbase tenfold. They never saw that coming.

These days from software games are right behind rockstar and CDPRs for PC gamers in regards to expectations and hype. I'm sure that the game would have been a ps4/pc release if talks with Sony started on late 2012 instead of right after dark souls was released on consoles.

DelireMan7

I wouldn't care at all but I voted "other" because I am not sure I want a sequel.

It's the second best game ever and I like the idea to let it as a unique masterpiece. Also I don't think it need a sequel.
If the sequel is bad it would removes a bit of its "prestige".

Hmmm well I think games focused on development for a specific platform tend to be better technically than multiplat games, so I guess I prefer PS5? But I don't mind if they make a port later or anything.

rubhen925

There is video of it somewhere on digital foundry of the game running well enough to claim "locked" 60
I can confirm DS3 runs amazing on PS5. Tried both Bloodborne and DS3 over the break. Bloodborne still 30 fps and has frame pacing issues. DS3 is smooth as butter.

Yoboman

I dont understand this thread

Sony own the IP. A sequel will need to be done by Sony, ideally with From Software

From could do a spiritual successor like Dark Souls was, but I dont see why they would

Who cares about which platform its on! I just wish that no matter which console they release it on, they make sure to release it on PC. Don't want to be stuck in the situation where Bloodborne currently is, at 30 FPS and a mediocre resolution......

Top Bottom