• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If BloodBorne sequel was announced, but was multiplat, would you care and why?

If BloodBorne sequel was announced, but was multiplat, would you care and why?

• Total voters

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Title says it all. I was thinking about this recently because with the new consoles, it's possible that making the sequel multiplat would make financial sense given that Sony or Microsoft don't fund the development themselves. This early in a console generation exclusives are great but I think the developer would benefit from the game being on more platforms.

For me, I wouldn't care, because I never really care about exclusives as I always get at least Sony and Microsoft's consoles and I have a PC. Just curious as to how everybody else would view this hypothetical situation.

yurinka

Bloodborne is a Sony IP, so it won't go multiplatform. And Sony funds the games they publish, so they also funded Bloodborne and would fund any hypothetical future sequel.

It will remain exclusive, at least console exclusive because in the recent years they allowed 2nd party devs to port some games to PC.

With PS4 and PS5 setting new game history sales records, both in hardware and software, I don't see them publishing 1st party games in other consoles because it's their main weapon against the competition (other than MLB, because the licensor demanded it).

Last edited:

MrSec84

There's nothing stopping From Software from making a spiritual successor like how Dark Souls relates to Demon's Souls, I guess I would vote Other, the main issue is resources and how much of the studio do they need to finish Elden Ring.
I'd love a sequel to Bloodborne though, especially if it took proper advantage of PS5, Series X and similar spec PCs.

I downloaded from the PS collection, but haven’t played it yet - maybe never will. Souls games have never been my thing - I play games to enjoy them, not punish myself lol. Also I don’t like the setting. Just not for me and I couldn’t care less if there’s never another From Software game - if I did care I would have voted next generation only, not exclusive for all the people who do like them.

Gatekeeping of exclusives, on any platform, are hilarious. No, your company of choice isn't going out of business/doomed because x,y,z game is releasing on another platform. Selling your console/breaking it/having a nuclear meltdown because x,y,z game is releasing on another platform is the epitome of simping 101. Horizon and death stranding cause a huge uproar, and several more to come after Jim Ryan confirmed more titles coming to PC.

Grinchy

Banned
I just don't think I care that much about a Bloodborne remake in the first place. Demon's Souls worked so well because it's been 10+ years since most of us played it.

I got my Bloodborne platinum too recently to want to start from scratch again already. I'd rather see a sequel.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Bloodborne is a Sony IP, so it won't go multiplatform. And Sony funds the games they publish, so they also funded Bloodborne and would fund any hypothetical future sequel.

It will remain exclusive, at least console exclusive because in the recent years they allowed 2nd party devs to port some games to PC.

With PS4 and PS5 setting new game history sales records, both in hardware and software, I don't see them publishing 1st party games in other consoles because it's their main weapon against the competition (other than MLB, because the licensor demanded it).
Oh ok I wasn't aware that it was a Sony IP. Would Bloodborne be considered 1st party even though it would be developed by a 3rd party studio because Sony owns the IP?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I'm sure it has been mentioned, but Bloodborne is just as much a product of Japan Studios as it is a FROM Software title. I'm sure FROM would do a bang-up job if they were tasked with a multiplat sequel.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Oh ok I wasn't aware that it was a Sony IP. Would Bloodborne be considered 1st party even though it would be developed by a 3rd party studio because Sony owns the IP?
Sony funded the project and FROM had the help of the Japan Studio, so I guess it is first party, just like Demon's Souls.

Last edited:

RyRy93

I just want it regardless of platform, hoping bluepoint collaborate with Fromsoft on the technical side of things because let's be honest Elden Ring won't be as polished as the Demon's Souls Remake.

Kokoloko85

Id buy becasuse its one of my top 10 favourite games of all time.
But its a Playstation owned IP so its not gonna be on another console lol

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I only care that From has total control over their game design whatever happens past that is fine with me. I just want to see what they do!

dyergram

I think demons souls remake and bloodbourne are the best games in the souls series and generally first/second party exclusives tend to be more polished so I would rather it was exclusive.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I don't know if follow up questions are practical in threads...but I guess I'll try.

What, if anything, would you advise developers to change about a Bloodborne sequel?

Requesting bans for anyone who says "Easy Mode"...

kidding, but I will definitely be wagging my finger at you.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I would question the mindset of anyone that would have an issue with this.

Would a From made Bloodborne 2 be any worse for being on multiple platforms? No. Would it make the game any worse to play on the PlayStation platform? No.

There’s literally no negatives, and only the positive that more people would get to experience the game.

I’d still buy on PS as that’s where all my From games are played since the OG Demon’s.

TexMex

Main concern is that it’s NextGen only.

I’d prefer it as an exclusive just because exclusive titles just tend to have more polish, whatever platform they’re on, because all development resources are spent on one version of the game. Not trying to get one game running well on 3-5 platforms.

I don't know if follow up questions are practical in threads...but I guess I'll try.

What, if anything, would you advise developers to change about a Bloodborne sequel?

N00b mode. Jp. But fix the frame pacing, rock solid minimum of 60fps, if not unlocked higher. Imminent PC release. That is all.

Aion002

I don't care.

I would happily play it anywhere.... Unless it's exclusive to stores like Epic... Fuck that shit.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
A little bit more of build variery, and more environment variery. Yahar'gul felt very samey to Central Yahrnam.

Edit: and at least steady 60 frames, of course.

Last edited:
No.

I actually wish that Bloodborne would receive PS5 update and a PC version so FROM fans who don't have a Playstation would get to play it.

Last edited:
I'm more indifferent I guess, I'd say to stop crying about exclusives as they're here to stay, and quit crying about first party games coming to PC. It's still console exclusive, whatever that may mean to others it doesn't matter, more people just get to play it.

So even though I care about exclusives it's not the end of the world, just get the game out there either way.

rubhen925

I really wouldn't give a damn if it was multi platform. In fact I wish more people had access to the original bloodborne. We need a sequel to that. Period.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I'm more indifferent I guess, I'd say to stop crying about exclusives as they're here to stay, and quit crying about first party games coming to PC. It's still console exclusive, whatever that may mean to others it doesn't matter, more people just get to play it.

So even though I care about exclusives it's not the end of the world, just get the game out there either way.
Sony games regularly going to PC like Xbox would actually be the act that’d make me build a PC and scrap consoles.

Fbh

Wouldn't care. The more games on PC the better, Sony exclusives are the only reason I still care about consoles anyway.
And given how little Sony seems to care about the IP, at this point I think it's more likely we'll get a multiplatform sequel than an exclusive one. Since Sony owns the IP I wouldn't be surprised if they just make a spiritual successor that feels like a sequel in everything but name. Just as they did going from Demon Souls to Dark Souls.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member

I'd tell them to make it... open world

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I'd tell them to make it... open world
I think my biggest pet peeve about the game is the bell maiden and the frame rate issues. Bell maiden should not be in the game. I should be able to invade or be invaded by anybody at any time prior to reaching the boss just like all the other souls games.

Sony games regularly going to PC like Xbox would actually be the act that’d make me build a PC and scrap consoles.
Most people have this mentality, hence why I would rather first party games just remain exclusive, it's just asking for consoles to die.

One positive thing about the notion of it coming to PC other than more people getting to play it is definitely higher frame rates and graphics options but they could easily do that on PS5 or in a sequel as well.

So a simultaneous launch on say...PC wouldn't be acceptable to you?
The power of exclusives lol, tens of thousands if not millions bought a PS4 just for this game. Bare minimum is a PS5 definitive edition with graphics updates and higher frame rates, PC should just be considered a bonus.

And yes, make a sequel open world, even though you could go anywhere in the late game pretty much.

Only fanboys care about exclusives. The more people that could experience it the better.
The latter I agree, the former is silly, you don't have to have any allegiance to a company to value exclusivity.

Last edited:
Top Bottom