• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If all future PS5 games were to be ported to PC within 2 years would you sell your PS5

If all future PS5 games were to be ported to PC within 2 years would you sell your PS5

• Yes I would sell my PS5 or i was planning to get one but won't anymore

Votes: 78 12.3%
  • No it doesn't bother me still will play on PS5

Votes: 450 70.9%
  • I don't have a PS5 or wasn't planning to get a PS5 anyways

Votes: 107 16.9%

• Total voters

Boglin

Windows 8?
I know you're being facetious but it seems like Microsoft thought that making big tiles was the only change needed to make windows friendly to all devices.

Windows media center didn't go far enough and Steam Picture Mode can't go far enough. The Xbox Game Bar team has said once that the amount of work it would take to make Windows both controller and big screen friendly simply isn't worth the effort because they don't believe the market is there to justify the investment.

I'm sure they're right but it's what keeps me from quitting consoles completely.

Dream-Knife

Banned
I know you're being facetious but it seems like Microsoft thought that making big tiles was the only change needed to make windows friendly to all devices.

Windows media center didn't go far enough and Steam Picture Mode can't go far enough. The Xbox Game Bar team has said once that the amount of work it would take to make Windows both controller and big screen friendly simply isn't worth the effort because they don't believe the market is there to justify the investment.

I'm sure they're right but it's what keeps me from quitting consoles completely.
I use an Xbox controller to control my pc from my tv via Steams desktop configuration. It's not that hard.

Boglin

I use an Xbox controller to control my pc from my tv via Steams desktop configuration. It's not that hard.
Outside of accessing the bios, I have used a steam controller on my living room PC without attaching a keyboard to it at all for over 4 years. There are countless headaches the crop up with controlling a PC with nothing but a controller.
I've needed to create small programs that allow windows to temporary grant admin permissions for when the computer refuses to allow a controller to send inputs, for example when a UAC prompt shows up. I've needed to find workarounds to allow contollers to get past specific launchers.

I really couldn't be more familiar with the drawbacks of trying to control a PC with strictly a controller. I'm glad it's good enough for you but a PC is still not even remotely as friendly as a console in a living room environment using a controller.

Last edited:
As someone who has not gotten a playstation 5 if they indeed decide to put their exsclusives on the pc, then yeah I would rather upgrade my pc than buy a ps5.

Nickolaidas

Well, there you have it. The people have spoken.

Consoles aren't about exclusives anymore, they're about features, convenience and the ecosystem.

As well they should.

A guy who spends 2,000 to 4,000 bucks on a PC should have access to fucking everything at peak performance.

Dynasty8

No, hell no. 2 years is a long time and I'm satisfied with my PS5. Also if that is the case, I'm glad more people will be able to play/experience their games. Plus more sales opportunities. Everyone wins

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Eh, not everyone is dying to play such games immediatly. I have some interest in Returnal for example, but its not like i don't have equal or more interest for a shitload of other titles. Rather than waiting for them, its more like they get thrown to the back of the queue.

I think Playstation fans certainly put the exclusives to a much higher pedestal than other titles, because exclusives justify their console purchase, and partly due to limited number of games on consoles.

Its not a platform like Steam where you have access to AAA titles from other platforms like Forza Horizon, Halo Infinite or Monster Hunter Rise.

Swift_Star

Banned
I think Playstation fans certainly put the exclusives to a much higher pedestal than other titles, because exclusives justify their console purchase, and partly due to limited number of games on consoles.

Its not a platform like Steam where you have access to AAA titles from other platforms like Forza Horizon, Halo Infinite or Monster Hunter Rise.
Exclusives usually have higher polish and product values, actually. That goes for all of the platform holders.
There aren't any third party out there with the quality and polish of:
God of War, Mario Odyssey, Forza Horizon 5.
Top dogs of their respective platform that really have no game, similar in genre or not, that can hold candles to them.

Last edited:
No, I wouldn't. I much prefer console gaming for all sorts of reasons, but convenience is as high as any.

I like the fact that consoles do their thing - no screwing around with settings. When it comes to fiddling around with PC settings, I'm about as useful as tits on a fish. If I were good at IT, I might think differently.

I'm not at all bothered about PS games being ported to PC.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Exclusives usually have higher polish and product values, actually. That goes for all of the platform holders.
There aren't any third party out there with the quality and polish of:
God of War, Mario Odyssey, Forza Horizon 5.
Top dogs of their respective platform that really have no game, similar in genre or not, that can hold candles to them.
I'll say there are various games like Guardians of the Galaxy and Tales of Arise certainly fit the bill easily of being on par with console exclusive games like Horizon Zero Dawn.

Also, a PS game's going to be ranked higher to a PS player than a player who have access to all platforms.

KAL2006

Banned
And to be honest who in the fuck wants to wait 2yrs+ to play the next Naughty Dog game, the sequel to Horizon or God of War? Christ it was killing me waiting for a price drop on TLOU2 before purchasing and even then I eventually give in... So to wait 2 odd years to play the game? Nah fuck that, you lot can wait and play it with the slightly better detailed mountain trees or 14000fps, I want that shit now...

Having said that if Sony where to follow MS release strategy then I'm selling the PS5 an going strictly PC and get the best of all 3 world's

Some of us have too many games to play and a massive backlog. I don't even play games on release now, just finished God of War 6 months ago for the first time. I just don't have the time to play every game I like on release due to my job, and family commitments and other hobbies. So waiting those additional 2 years is nothing for me. I guess I just got older I'm not fussed about FOMO and being there day 1 anymore.

Ev1L AuRoN

I prefer PC gaming greatly so, yes I would.

It is the same reason I don't own an Xbox, its pointless if you already have a PC capable of gaming.

Swift_Star

Banned
I'll say there are various games like Guardians of the Galaxy and Tales of Arise certainly fit the bill easily of being on par with console exclusive games like Horizon Zero Dawn.

Also, a PS game's going to be ranked higher to a PS player than a player who have access to all platforms.
They certainly aren't.

FrankWza

Arrested Development No GIF

Guilty_AI

They certainly aren't.
These posts kinda show his point tho.

Me and a lot of people i know also find that high profile PS games really aren't as special/good as they or their fans like presenting them to be.
All these PS games coming out on PC and i have no desire to buy any of them. Only one that interested me so far was death strading, though its a bit questionable if that even was a playstation studios game.

Last edited:

I wish i could agree with this. Platform exclusives just run best on said platforms than 3rd party games, mario, forza, tlou, they are built around the hardware architecture and have a certain amount of polish that 3rd party devs just don’t have time to tailor for each specific console.

Add on the fact that console exclusives seem to get way bigger budgets and dev time these days, outside of like rockstar games.

FrankWza

These posts kinda show his point tho.

Me and a lot of people i know also find that high profile PS games really aren't as special/good as they or their fans like presenting them to be.
All these PS games coming out on PC and i have no desire to buy any of them. Only one that interested me so far was death strading, though its a bit questionable if that even was a playstation studios game.
Well, you went right to the PS portion of the post that I quoted when there was CLEARLY more than that. So your post kind of shows a point too now doesn’t it?
Not to mention the fact that you’ve replied to a bunch of posts needling people in a thread about games going to a platform that you have NO interest in buying.
The difference is, these threads go up and people have conversations and some people get triggered and lose their shit. But when you dish it the other way people reach for that report button QUICKLY.
That’s why we have an entire thread about HFW going to PC months after PS, when there’s another thread already with a bunch of other games listed and HFW is included in that list.

Guilty_AI

Well, you went right to the PS portion of the post that I quoted when there was CLEARLY more than that. So your post kind of shows a point too now doesn’t it?
Not to mention the fact that you’ve replied to a bunch of posts needling people in a thread about games going to a platform that you have NO interest in buying.
The difference is, these threads go up and people have conversations and some people get triggered and lose their shit. But when you dish it the other way people reach for that report button QUICKLY.
That’s why we have an entire thread about HFW going to PC months after PS, when there’s another thread already with a bunch of other games listed and HFW is included in that list.
i don't even know what you're getting angry at here ma dude.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Now that im a console gamer, no.
The only way PC would be my main platform is if all games came day 1 and even then they arent best suited to living room play, compared to console.

Midn1ght

I've been on PC for almost a decade and bought a PS5 on a whim at my local store when I saw they had stock.

I don't need both and Sony releasing their game on PC is definitely a reason for me to sell my PS5

The only thing making me hesitant is how crazy the price for PC hardware has become. My plan is to upgrade in 2 years, possibly when these consoles receive a mid-gen upgrade but I'm not sure price will be back to normal. New motherboard, new CPU, pricey DDR5 Ram, probably a 4000 Nvidia Card. If nothing change, I believe this will put me between 1800 and 2400 Euro depending on the GPU I choose (minus what I can get for my old parts). I use to upgrade my PC for 500 - 800 in the past. This is just crazy.

Common sense in the current PC market would be to give up on PC for now and play on consoles who offers insane value for 500 Euro.

And yet, Microsoft, Sony and everyone else (minus Nintendo) releasing their games on PC is making me leaning toward PC.

Fuck.

Burning The Fairly Oddparents GIF

Guilty_AI

Come on man. You called out my post and I replied. It’s that simple.
I mean, i really don't get what your reply was even trying to say.
Some caps lock here and there, some personal attacks, some expressed frustation over people reporting you probably, no meaningful conclusion or adressing what i said - sounds like angry to me

FrankWza

I mean, i really don't get what your reply was even trying to say.
Some caps lock here and there, some personal attacks, some expressed frustation over people reporting you probably, no meaningful conclusion or adressing what i said - sounds like angry to me
Maybe you should go back and read the first post of mine here that you replied to and read what I was saying no, no no to. It wasn’t just the PS part that you jumped on.

Guilty_AI

Maybe you should go back and read the first post of mine here that you replied to and read what I was saying no, no no to. It wasn’t just the PS part that you jumped on.
Yes, it was the comparison with tales of arise and guardians of the galaxy, which i found no fault on.
The fact that you do find fault in it kinda shows you're putting the other game on a pedestal, cause honestly from where i stand they don't seem too different in terms of production value or quality.

Both of you...

Kids Laughing GIF

Stop it.
-g1me3HG91e7RHJd6E_JIfOELRAo9jerP3Le7dZBfD4.png

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Weird that the company that didnt release their game on PC ( aka making their product more appealing to buy) remain on top over the other two

m4zQckL.jpg

tenor.gif

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
No. Not only would you have to wait 2 years, you'd also have to spend some serious cash to get a rig that would produce PS5 results.

squarealex

No, and I explain why

Before to quote me for rage post from some kid masterrace... I have a good PC.

Ryzen 7 5800X
nVidia 2060 SUPER
16GB DDR4 3600Mhz
1 SSD NVME Gen 3, 2 SSD Sata
1 HDD 2TB, 2 HDD 4TB
BenQ 1080/144Hz

Even with this... I cannot sure I have more powerful than the PS5 (especially I/O, SSD and GPU)
The motherboard upgrade was very expensive... (500-600$, from DDR3/i7 3770k to this now) and I purchase my 2060S before the COVID (350€), know check the price of the 2060S on eBay...
----

- I have a massive library games on PS3, PS4 and maybe on PS5...
- PS+ is fine for me, all PlayStation games saves will be on Cloud (is not the case on Steam, like Dark Souls 3, wtf and some other launcher), the PS+ Games is sometimes meh, but sometimes "well, good months", the only pain is indeed "you pay to play online"... but.. I still purchase on year for 40€ and not on high price.

- I love playing on console... you can debate all time... Console is still plug and play... I just startup the PS5, maybe some patch.. but I have a good internet speed (not 100Mbps, but almost) and just playing a game.
- All games have rarely an issue... On PC, you can have sometimes issue... with the OS, or DLL missing or broken game at launch, or performance issue... they so many possibility and you waste your time.
- You also waste your time for search the best IQ/Performance on your PC game... can be 10 minutes or more...
- DualSense is an excellent controller, Returnal is fantastic with this pad.
- PlayStation 5 is a good horsepower. All PS5 game have a 60fps options and many PS4 games have patch 60fps or better performance on PS5 with the Boost.
- Many of my game friend playing on PlayStation. I chat on Party with them, and the recent announce of Discord on PS5 is excellent news for me...
- On PlayStation, they just one "launcher" for all games... on PC, you have so many launcher for different games... I have account for Steam, Origin, GoG, Battle.net, Epic, Rockstar, UPlay, Microsoft.
- For the laste case...well you know... Microsoft install PC games not like Steam or the other... First, you cannot mods and performance can be worse than the Steam version... also... if you do nuke your OS because tech of Microsoft is too retard... that's too many "works" for just playing..

- I prefer playing on my PC for "PC Games"... like Fast FPS, RTS, MOBA, Strategy and for bonus, Emulation and Mobile Games (Yeah, I Hate touchscreen)... but for the mainstream recent games... (AA, AAA) sorry but I still prefer console
- I spend most of my time on PC, but not for just playing... Is also my workstation, my library video/music/pictures or other hacking stuff.

I see Forza Horizon 5 on GamePass, but even this game... i don't think I will enjoying on my PC... so maybe on Series S|X... If I purchase one of this someday

Last edited:
Sony cheapens their PlayStation brand and lower the value of their IP for short term gain.....over time people feel like they don't need Sony's hardware to play Sony's games

FrankWza

Yes, it was the comparison with tales of arise and guardians of the galaxy, which i found no fault on.
The fact that you do find fault in it kinda shows you're putting the other game on a pedestal, cause honestly from where i stand they don't seem too different in terms of production value or quality.
And I wrote
your post kind of shows a point too now doesn’t it?
which is perfectly fine. So I’m defending a ridiculous statement against Sony first party saying guardians is equivalent. And you are in 2 threads at once needling and being antagonistic about games you admitted you have no interest in playing going to pc. Just drawing a line.

TheMan

Nah. After a long day of work, often I’d rather sit on the couch rather than play more games in my office

Guilty_AI

And I wrote

which is perfectly fine. So I’m defending a ridiculous statement against Sony first party saying guardians is equivalent. And you are in 2 threads at once needling and being antagonistic about games you admitted you have no interest in playing going to pc. Just drawing a line.
? its not like guardians or tales of arise are bad games, to consider the comparison an attack is quite absurd.

And as i've said on my first post in this thread (the one the guy you awsered to was quoting btw) its not like my interest in sony first parties is zero.
My interest is zero for the ones that came out and have been announced so far, yes, but theres a higher than zero chance i might get some titles like Returnal or Ghosts of Tsushima if they get ports.
However my interest in those isn't huge or anything, just normal. There are loads of other titles i'd play before those (including the previously mentioned Tales of Arise actually), definitely wouldn't get an entire console to play one of them (showing sony's strategy of porting to PC works), also wouldn't get them at full price either.

Thats the whole point, thats how lots of players see those titles. Another one in the bunch that might or might not turn out to be interesting, but easily ignorable if the conditions to play them are too cumbersome.

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

Nope, like NEVER, I prefer to play on CONSOLES, couch and convenient expert here.

I still have a PC obviously but I don't give a shit about 360FPS graphic tweaking EXTRASYNC mouse/keyboard RGB. I spend all days with a M/KB to WORK, I just can't stand it to PLAY.

Last edited:
Top Bottom