• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IDG Consulting + AEVI 'Covid impact analysis and remote work good practices' report includes new gaming market forecast

yurinka

AEVI (Spanish Videogames Industry Association) published a free report partnering with IDG Consulting where they analize the impact of covid in the gaming industry and game development in addition to several related areas, and also provide several remote work related good practices and tips for gamedevs.

It's a pretty long report made back in December (I assume that for AEVI members) that I think went public today. Some of these forecasts were made last year and have some typos but I think some of you may find them interesting because they are long term forecasts.

It can be downloaded here: https://docsend.com/view/skyvkss3p42srvdf
Source: http://www.aevi.org.es/aevi-celebra...uete-iniciativas-reforzar-la-industria-local/

Worldwide PC market forecast:
EwDWcMSXEAEooiA

Worldwide console market forecast:
EwDWhfwWgAYTHJ_

Worldwide mobile market forecast:
EwDWlIFWQAEYjHo

Retail console hardware, physical sofware and digital software forecast for NA:
EwDWro5XAAcIzpm

Lockdowns impact on Steam active users (people always at home = growth and goodbye weekend peaks). Here the year is wrong, they meant 2020 instead of 2019:
image.png

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
images
I remember their forecast never bring good.

Remember?

They had Xbox One outselling PS4 too.

Last edited:

yurinka

Can anyone summarize that stuff in a few sentences? (In English please.)
All 3 gaming markets (console, PC and mobile) experienced a positive impact due to covid lockdowns on revenue and active players. They expect all 3 markets to continue growing as they did in the previous years but with an extra caused by the covid as happened in the 2008 crysis.

They show how covid changed the Steam players behavior: in addition to have way more active players, now they play all days instead of playing mostly during weekends.

ethomaz

Banned

Remote work is cheaper for companies… I work from remote for several years already and the company I work gone full remote after COVID and a year ago started even to hire people that lives over 2000 km away from São Paulo.

It is a trend that already existed before COVID (I’m an example)… it just got heavy accelerated with COVID.

After all it is cheaper for companies and IMO it helps with the employee quality of life… at least I have a more time with my family and children.

Last edited:
Top Bottom